Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery on the 30th!!

Went camping this weekend. It actually went really well. I feel tired today but not much pain. It snowed 11 inches in Red Lodge on Friday when we were setting up camp. That was a bummer! But of course it all melted Saturday. How was everyone's mothers day? I have a 5 and a 6 year old that made me some paper flowers. Very cute!! My very best present was the lapband!!! Hope everyone is feeling better also.

Laura

Oh I also wanted to ask if anyone has made an appt for their first fill? How far in advance are they usually booked out?

Laura

I'm booked for June 4th. My surgeon books for 6 weeks following surgery. Hard for me to believe that the the port incision will heal by then, but I'm told it will. I'm two weeks this Wed.

Gwenn

I wish I could take more. I'm very lucky to be able to do this (I do keep in touch with the office although I'm really not supposed to do so). I take walks a couple of times a day, and read and rest. I'm going to have to figure out how to get hte walking in once I go back, but I'm determined to do it. I have 3 weeks left and am going to enjoy the chance to take a break. Hope you're doing well.

Gwenn

I just made my fill appt for June 12th. It takes a little planning since I have to fly to Denver. Looking forward to seeing the Dr again.

Laura

Hi everyone!! We are now 2 weeks post-op and I was just wondering how everyone is doing? Any aches and pains, trouble eating, having a hard time not eating? Well I am excited to hear how everyone is doing.

Take care,

Danyel

I was banded April 29 so I'm two weeks and one day post op. I feel pretty good overall. I'm still having some mild pain in the afternoons and am still taking meds a little here and there when I feel really uncomfortable. I saw my doctor on Monday and he said it generally takes four weeks to be completely pain free post-surgery (some folks are luckier of course!). In general, I feel good though. I have lost 11 pounds post op for a total of 33 pounds gone. I'm starting to get hungry but it hasn't been too bad so far. I am scheduled for my first fill on June 9 and my doctor will give me a fill every three weeks thereafter until I hit the sweet spot! Look forward to hearing how everyone else is doing!

I can't believe it was two weeks ago. Feels long ago in some ways. I'm pain free other than gas on and off. My stomach is still sounding symphonic sometimes. Shoulder pain is almost extinct. It comes back when I walk a lot so I guess I'm stirring up the gas - but I'm not giving up the walking. I'm slow and don't go that far yet, but it's good. I can do most things but I am careful.

My surgeon doesn't do a pre-op diet; just asked to tone it down which I didn't do until the week prior to surgery. However, he does 3 weeks of liquid post-op, then mush, etc. I've lost 23 pounds post-surgery! I am still finding that if I drink too quickly or too much at a time there's a lot of pressure so I don't take a lot in at once.

Sometimes I can't see the future- I know in my head that everyone I know who has had this is eating almost everything and is losing and living like the normal human beings we always wished we were. But I've been down one or two days because it's still liquid and still gassy and it's hard to see forward. This board helps tremendously.

Thanks for asking!

Gwenn

Ok, now we are reaching the three week mark. How is everyone feeling? I only have port pain if I bend over a certain way. Other than that I am pain free. It is so exciting because I was a little nervous after surgery. The pain was pretty intense and I have a hard time sleeping on my back. We were camping again this weekend and I could actually go on walks and play more with the kids. Which is a good thing since we are going again on Weds. thru Monday. One thing that I have noticed in the past week is that I feel more restriction than before. How weird is that? I guess I haven't totally figured this out yet? How is the exercise regimen? I don't really have a plan but I NEED one!!!

Take care, Laura

i'm trying to schedule my first post-op appointment and hopefully they'll give me a fill. i'm already starting to feel hungry between meals, and i don't want to overeat. i haven't checked the scale and i don't plan to. i don't think i've lost much which is ok with me, as long as i start losing once i have a fill and when i'm able to do some serious workout.

YAY- 3 weeks. For me it means I can start to add soft foods to my diet (my surgeon has patients on 3 weeks liquid after surgery). I'm down 27 pounds. I'm looking forward to adding foods, but at the same time, I'm nervous. Tell me I can have mashed potato and I'm thinking lots of it. My head certainly is not restricted yet! So, I have to be very careful as I add. With no restriction on the band yet...there is a gap that I hope NOT to fill.

I walk almost everyday- I do about a mile. I'm purposely not pushing myself too much as my habit has been to overdue it, hurt myself, and then stop exercising at all. I'm trying to break that habit this time around. So, I take it slow.

The negatives.....I would like to see my incisions all healed- I try to sit around with no top on when possible to let them breath. And when I overdo it (housework, etc) the area above and around the port hurts me. I keep thinking I've screwed something up but really it's just warning me to stop. Happily, I had plenty of sick time so I'm still off for a couple more weeks.

Gwenn