Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which celebrity do YOU think needs the Lap Band?

Back on subject...

Oprah was wearing this yellow blazer yesterday on her Earth Day show. She should not have worn that, and the sleeves were so tight. Anyway, she is so against WLS, and yet she struggles alot. I wonder how many times she has gained and lost 100+. She is dedicated when she wants to be, I bet she would do great with the LB. She is pretty "know it all" though when she gets thin...

For a guy, I'd say Kevin James. I think he's cute, but he def. has some health worries with his size.

yes, keeping it on topic...

i think its actually quite rude to say that someone NEEDS lap band... (or any WLS for that matter).

pinky - how would you like it if a total stranger came up to you, called you fat and told you to have WLS?

pinky - how would you like it if a total stranger came up to you, called you fat and told you to have WLS?

I just posted a question, didn't ask for an attack on my person. So, if you don't mind, I would prefer if you would omit me from your personal insults.

It's not very adult to try and start a fight.

Anyway, getting back on topic... yeah, I think that Kevin James needs it. Once on a season on The King of Queens, he seems to have lost a bunch of weight (but put it all right back on). When he was skinnier, he looked so great. The guy's so funny... I wonder if he would still be funny if he lost a bunch of weight.

As for Oprah, is she really against weight loss surgery? If she is, she needs to wake up. She really needs it, as it seems lately she's busting at the seems! Notice how they only film her from the neck up lately? lol...

Michael Moore needs something BADLY!

..Louie Anderson, Drew Carey, Roseanne, ROSIE O'DONNELL!!!, Ruben Studdard, and the yellow M&M.

Any more ideas??? This is getting fun!

I just posted a question, didn't ask for an attack on my person. So, if you don't mind, I would prefer if you would omit me from your personal insults.

It's not very adult to try and start a fight.

i COMPLETELY agree, love, just remember that.

and its not like I called YOU a fat pig or anything ...

btw - moving this to rants and raves.

why on earth this would be a fun analysis is beyond me.

i'm pretty sure anyone w/any kind of weight issue is sensitive to that, whether they're in front of a camera or not....or on a WLS forum.

i COMPLETELY agree, love, just remember that.

and its not like I called YOU a fat pig or anything ...

btw - moving this to rants and raves.

Like I said, please stop attacking me. I don't know what you're talking about and I just would like it if you left me alone. If you don't like me posts, stay away from them / don't read them

Edited by **pink**

I thought of another celebrity that needs the Lap Band - Al Roker and the black guy from American Idol.

Britney Spears might benefit from it, too, because her wight is going up consistantly.

OMG I just thought of a bunch more!:

-Jennifer Hudson

-Kimberly Locke

(a lot from American Idol, huh?!?)

-The guy from Saturday Night Live (Horatio something...)

-Jack Black.

Keep them coming! I think I might have got them all though, but I will admit when someone can add to my list!!!

I thought of another celebrity that needs the Lap Band - Al Roker and the black guy from American Idol.

So they should get a lap band after they've both already had gastric bypass, and are probably as skinny now as they'll ever be?

and britney spears? just because she's gained a little weight this year with her mental problems, and 6 months ago she looked great? she should get a surgical implant? your body image must be way screwed up.

I am just amazed by this entire thread. People, we have all suffered with the issues of being overweight and all the insecurities that go along with it. Why would any of us, in turn want to point fingers at others and say they are fat and should get banded? Just because they are celebrities, does not mean they don't suffer with the same food issues as we do. We should be sympathetic to them, not making a fun time of picking out those who we think are fat and need bands. How would you feel if you found out people were sitting around having a discussion about weight loss surgery and voted that you need it?

i'm with losingjusme, a lot of the people that are named that "need lapband" look fine to me. i think queen latefa (spelling) is gorgeous and carries her weight beautifully. She recently joined jenny craig but her stand is w/ healthy weight, not getting skinny(btw, skinny isn't healthy any more than fat). And jack black, yeah, he's a little heavy, but have you seen him move, he's got energy and it doesnt seem the weight gets him down. And brittany spears! are we kidding? omg, if she needs it than damn, than i guess everyone who has ever had kids and a bad spot in thier life needs it. oprah i can agree with, because she has, as many of us, has tried and tried and tried. some of these others mentioned seem happy in thier skin, and don't you believe there should be people in the media that represent all sizes and shapes?

i understand these people are in the publics eye and therefore open to scrutiny, but here we are, those who also are personally affected by society's negativity towards the obese, stigmatizing them based on personal appearances.

and, pink, i don't think anyone is attacking you personally

What's wrong with me that I think Queen Latifah is HUUUUUGE? Seriously, I do. It just goes to show that each of us has our own opinion of beauty, and that you are never going to be attractive to some people and will always be gorgeous in the eyes of others no matter what your size.

I only think Oprah NEEDS a Lap Band so she'll shut her mouth and go away. I cant bear her, she's even worse than Dr Phil. Maybe if she got thin and stayed that way she'd shut up?

Going by your standards Hope, you'd probably think I didnt need one either. You sound suspciously like you think only certain people are worthy..... whereas I think even some thin people need a lapband if staying that way is ruling their lives to an unhealthy degree. I freely admit I do not understand the issues of being truly morbidly obese because I never have been and I can be like the rest of the general public in being judgemental about it because I just cant put myself in that position.

Edited by Jachut

We start entire threads about whether to tell or how to handle the questions, in our piddly little private lives.

To make this step in front of the world as a celebrity has to be extremely difficult.

For many of us, deciding to part with the say 10-20K was a big deal, to most of those mentioned it would be a drop in the bucket. So it seems many of them at least must be happy with themselves. MANY overweight people are. There is nothing wrong with that. True they may not, be as healthy as they could be at an ideal weight---but life is full of checks and balances. There was a time in my Grandma's life that her Dr. told her to quit worrying about giving up her cigarettes---there was not going to be any quantity of life improvements---and her enjoyment of them added to the quality of life. I realize this is a drastic comparison, but if someone who can easily afford the surgery, is well informed, reasonably intelligent, chooses NOT to do it----why should we care???

I do find it heartbreaking at times to see people when I am out and about who are moving with extreme difficulty due to their super morbid obesity....but I would no more go up to them and tell them about the band without them asking than I would list celebrities.....seems cold, and rude.

But that would not be a first post, or thread of that type from our OP now would it be LJM????

Kat

jachut, i'm not sure what you think my standards are, but basically what kat said, i second. celebrities can more than afford this procedure, more so than i could have. but i needed this change in my life to prevent future health problems and to get back to a healthier weight for myself (cant stand to look in the mirror).

i like the way that queen latifah is approaching her decision, by stating she wants to reach a "healthy weight". that promotes a better view than "skinny"

i'm just saying that i feel by us sitting her saying this celebrity or that celebrity should have wls, we are doing the same as the magazines that have covers with models with rib bones sticking out. yes, wls helps you to lose weight, are we in any position to say who should have it? do we know thier health history, their self esteem issues, etc? i for one approve that my daughter looks up to raven, who is not a size 3. i feel we are adding to the discrimination agaist those who are overweight.

The image of 'beauty' is so messed up these days, it's unbelieveable.

To be 'beautiful,' people think, you need to be a size zero.

Everyone's beautiful in one way, or another.

Look's aren't everything.

Oprah's fat. Big deal?

Kirstie's put on some weight. Who Cares?

These are people JUST like us. They have weight issues.

What makes you not think either one of these women have googled 'lap band surgery' and one of the first things you see is 'lap band talk.'

You never know..

How would you feel, if someone posted, say for instance "I THINK yourname NEEDS LAP BAND SURGERY BECAUSE..."

or

America was talking about you behind your weight, saying that you were a fatass?

&& you found that on a weight loss website?

Wouldn't you feel like shit?

I think we have no room to judge anyone for any reason.

You ALL know how it is to be big, you've went through the pain and embarassment.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but it's true.

-Nicole