Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm banded, sorry for the slow announcment!

I was banded Wed. and just haven't felt like coming up the stairs to our office to get online until today. The first day I thought "Oh this was a breeze compared to my C-section 7months ago," and then day 2 hit. OMG I was miserable! Oh well, then yesterday I felt 100% better and today I even walked around the block with my sister and my son in his stroller ( she has Downs and has been staying with me to help me with my baby since I can't lift him, She has been sooooo helpful, don't know what I would do without her).

So here I am, a bandster and I am pretty excited about it. Of course right now the liquid phase doesn't seem so bad but I know that soon it will become difficult. Yesterday, my inlaws had a cookout and I had to watch everyone eat hamburgers and hotdogs while I tried to get down a protien shake, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, although I know this will change soon. I can't wait to get to mushies! I am counting down the days.

My surgery was at 8am and I got to go home around noon. I was pretty surprised by that but at that time I was ready to go home and get a nap. It has been pretty difficult when I have to look at my sweet little boy and know hat I cannot pick him up. he weighs 19lbs and I am not supposed to lift anything over 10 doctors orders (as I am sure you all know) for two weeks. I have held him a couple of times but he is in that phase where he can't sit still so he jumps around a lot and accidentally kicked me in my tummy so I have to be careful. It just breaks his heart that I can't lift him. But like I said my sister (and hubby when he is not working) has done pretty much all of the lifting for me as far as getting my son out of his crib and putting him in his jumperoo and high chair. Anyway, my surgery went "smooth" according to my Dr.s so I hope my recovery follows just as well. I can't wait for the gas and bloating to go away tho so I can actually feel like I am losing weight, lol and not pg again. How long does the gas usually last? Well I have rambled long enough. thanks for listening.

Congratulations, Amber!! Welcome to bandland!! You've already noticed that each day brings new healing, and within another week or so you'll be back to 100%. Walking is the best thing you can do to dispel the gas.

You're so lucky to have your sister there to help with your son. Take advantage and rest up!!

WTG Amber, welcome and good luck on your journey of weight loss. I had my surgery before Christmas, so I was just starting the mushy stage on Christmas, it was a challenge, but I'm lighter for it. The liquid stage is the toughest.

As for the pain, it gets better every day. I didn't have tummy pain, only pain in my left shoulder, which massaging helped a lot.

Good Luck!

Congratulations of geting your band Amber. Every day you will start to feel so much better. It's gotta be hard not being able to pick up the baby. How long did the doctor say you had to wait before you could pick the baby up? Feel better soon!

Amber i'm sp proud for getting your band. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Like others have said give it a week and you will be so much better! Each day gets a little easier. Just remember to walk alot and sip,sip,sip, on Water and other liquids so you will not get dehydrated. Please update us on how you are . You will be holding that little 19 pounds of baby boy again before you know it and just think when you lose weight you will be doing things you would only imagine being able to do.So nice to have such careing people that love you and are willing to help you through such a hard time in your life. What would we do without family and friends ?Good luck in your new journey!!!

WTG!!! I am so happy for you! I can't really welcome you to band land since my surgery is this week! LOL I am glad to hear that all is well. I am a little nervous about my surgery. I have never had surgery before, not even an IV. Plus, my rides to get banded are disappearing. Funny, I always help out others but the one time I need help, they are all busy. Still waiting to see if my sister from south Texas can come up.

Amber,

So glad you finally posted and you are doing well! Be careful on walking too much. I did and regretted it. Are your Protein Shakes liquid or blended with any solids? If so, they are creamy/mushies not liquids I think. I had to just be on Clear Liquids for one week and if I wanted to take the Protein I could only mix with a liquid and ice to a watery texture.

Amber it really does get better. I know it's hard to not pick up your son. But please let yourself heal. How about getting him to lie down or sit beside you on the bed or couch and cuddle? Read a story, snuggle, or just enjoy listening to him jabber? This time will pass. You'll soon be feeling better and appreciating your weightloss and improved energy as you're able to keep up with this little guy more and more. Congratulations on becoming a Bandster!

Thanks everyone! You guys are right, it does get better everyday. Princess, to answer you question, I am on full liquids which means Jello, broth, protien shakes, and very thin, strained cream Soups. I was only on clear liquids for the first three days.

Tam,

I am sure your surgery will go fine and I will be thinking about you. I know what you mean about everyone being busy when you need them. I didn't know what I was going to do until my Sister offered (she has downsyndrome and doesnt work so she was the only one who isnt busy). She is leaving Wed though so I dont know what I will do after that. My husband does everything but he has to work too. On wed I will still have a week left to go before I am supposed to lift my baby again. Today he sat in my lap for a little while though and it was so nice.

Thanks everyone for your warm responses. It means so much because it's nice to have people who understand what you are going through.

Amber,

I am glad to hear everything went well for you. I guess we are band sisters since we were banded on the same day. Congratulations and speedy recovery to you. I am doing a lot better, moving up and down stairs and staying up learning how to sip those drinks. Take care.

Yeah Tanya, sipping is the hardest part for me. I am curious,what is your diet like. I just wonder if mine is ok. I am supposed to have three protien shakes a day but I have a hard time stomaching them. I am supposed to get 70g of protien and I am getting that but I am not using all three supplements for this. Today I had one protien supplement shake, 1cup of egg drop Soup, 1 small low carb milk shake w/ a scoop of beneprotien and my calories added up to around 1000. Does that sound ok? Or is this too much? Thanks.

Amber,

So glad you finally posted and you are doing well! Be careful on walking too much. I did and regretted it. Are your Protein shakes liquid or blended with any solids? If so, they are creamy/mushies not liquids I think. I had to just be on Clear Liquids for one week and if I wanted to take the Protein I could only mix with a liquid and ice to a watery texture.

Jenna,

Question, how did you walk too much? I want to walk, but not overdo it..