Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rash..under my stomach (apron)

JRTMOM,

That is so cool...a lab technician that looks at the contents of her rash under a microscope. At least you know exactly what going on down there! I love it!

Cool, Thenume on the one hand, strangely gross on the other :smile::thumbup:

When I had jock itch a few years ago before I got really heavy the doctor said on days where I feel moist down in the belly fold to use this stuff called Zeasorb. It is a powder that contains a drying agent and the jock itch went away almost instantly because rashes need the moisture to survive and feed off of the powder eliminated the moisture therefore the rash went away.

Sal

OK...I just posted about this and then I found this thread...I have tried like all of the ideas for the past years...I do need to get the doc to document this because my ins. does not cover it for plastic from weight loss but maybe if I have this all documented...I haven't even been banded yet!

I get it behind my knees once in a bad while, under breasts, under apron...UGH!!!

I have used athlete's...ting...jock itch...zezorb...blowdryers...powders of all kinds...diaper rash stuff...I have spent a fricken fortune trying to control this...

I have even taken the oral diflucan pill (rx) and it helps but...then it is back....

And if it gets weepy...OUCH!!!!!! So, I'll keep trying!

Thanks for your honesty because it is the MOST embarrasing thing in the world!

I've tried many things over the years also, but I find that the prescription creams the doctors give me to work much better. This also gives me the needed documentation to have the fat apron removed. I'm going to have a consultation next month and try for approval of this.

A paper towel folded over several times works great if you can get it to stay there, you may need to change it so it stays dry.

Amsderb, I would deffinately start seeing your pcp about this to start documenting! I know it will be a pain, but more than likely after banding and after you loose a significant amount of weight the rashes will still appear and maybe even get worse if you have alot of hanging skin. Do it now that way once you have lost weight and want that extra skin gone, all the documentation will be in order and hopefully you will get a quick and easy approval for the skin removal!! Good luck! Also, I would take pictures of the rashes when they come on and maybe if you have a date setting on your camera that can add the date to the pic I'd do that too. That way it can be documented by pictures if the ins co. tries to give you problems. Never hurts to over document!!

Hi, there! I have not been banded yet, but have had the rash problem on and off for years. The best cure I have found is straight Lotrimin. I dab a bit on the rash, and it clears up overnight most times. It seems to be the only thing that works, as the powders gum up over the course of the day. Be sure the area is very clean and dry before applying the Lotrimin. Just a thin layer seems to do the trick. Good luck!

Monostat cream is what works for me. I just try to prevent it in the first place but that don't always work. after a shower or wash i use germX alcohol gel dry it well then (walmart brand) Gold bond powder.

HI,

For years I've suffered from yeast infections under the "apron area." I've been on Lotrisone, Nystatin, Nystatin Powder, Gold Bond and so much more. What I found was that when my blood sugar was in check (low), the infections decreased and were much more manageable.

Well, 2 weeks ago tomorrow, I was banded. My blood sugar, thank heaven, is PERFECT! BUT, I have the worst yeast infection that I've ever had. I don't know if it was aggravated by the antibiotics from surgery or from the Protein that I've been having or from the milk component in the Protein shakes I have everyday. Does anyone have any idea about food being related to these infections?

Thanks for the help.

Ellen

Yep, totally normal. For the past few summers I have gotten rashes under my pannus. It is probably yeast although it won't look like a vaginal yeast infection. It has nothing to do with being clean, but it does have to do with staying dry. Moisture can get trapped under there. Make sure you dry it very well after showering -- I have even used a hair dryer on a low setting. Gold Bond powder works pretty well. I've also used the powder-gel made by Monistat with good results. Good luck!

Yep its yeast and you can shower/bathe 3 times a day and that won't phase it..

Keeping it clean and DRY is the key. Gold bond powder is a god send, and so is the monostat cream, treatments for athletes foot and jock itch will work too but many hurt like heck!! For me using monostat creme when I get one works in 2 days, the first application of cream stops the pain, the second day gets rid of it.

After that I do a preventative daily thing after my shower using germx handwashing gel. But NEVER ON OPEN RASHY SKIN alcohol in it burns. DRY well I wedge a towel up under my belly while I dry the rest of me then air dry it under the fan in my room. (Blowdryers and CPAPS work well here for help drying) and powder.

In the summer if I skip the germ x daily I will still get the rash after 3-4 days of washing and powdering so I don't skip it anymore. I started the germx because the constant washing/powdering was drying my skin out horribly but I noticed the germx I keep in the kitchen has moisturizers in it and I never needed lotion for my hands anymore. So what the heck. It works well for me. And its cheaper then lotion too.

But yea if you ever want to have PS for your tummy in the future go the doctor for every rash so its documented.

HI,

For years I've suffered from yeast infections under the "apron area." I've been on Lotrisone, Nystatin, Nystatin Powder, Gold Bond and so much more. What I found was that when my blood sugar was in check (low), the infections decreased and were much more manageable.

Well, 2 weeks ago tomorrow, I was banded. My blood sugar, thank heaven, is PERFECT! BUT, I have the worst yeast infection that I've ever had. I don't know if it was aggravated by the antibiotics from surgery or from the Protein that I've been having or from the milk component in the Protein shakes I have everyday. Does anyone have any idea about food being related to these infections?

Thanks for the help.

Ellen

Its because of the surgery your system is unbalanced. At least thats how my doctor always explained it to me. Its like in our intestines if you take an antibiotic it kills off the good bacteria along with the bad right and you end up with dirahhea(SP?). Most diabetics need to get that diflucan pill anytime we take antibiotics cause we will invariably get a yeast infection. (I demand the pill anytime i get an antibiotic now cause I WILL get a yeast infection never fails)

Its that inbalance that causes the yeast to get out of control, we always have some of it in our systems its normal in the correct amounts. Its just when something gets out of control like an infection, blood sugar, PH, or to much moisture or a weakened immune system, when it gets out of control and needs to be cut down to normal again. Its most likely a combo of the antibiotics and surgery.

Hey everyone, I just went to the Derm. AGAIN today because after surgery in May I broke out head to toe...not really the same pannus rash... but then my butt crack got the weepy rash too...so first, to get the head to toe rash under control..one doc thought I had psoriasis....now they decided no, thank god....but anyway they gave me a Kenalog shot...like a steroid shot...so now...2 weeks later, I finally look better except for the weepy butt crack rash...that would be what we are talking about here...

The thing is...my sugars are soooo goood...97 this morning and my last A1C was 6.0 but I have the yeasty thing going on...and boy does it sting if I get pee on it....YIKES...so the derm dr. had to take a look today and...he is a new doc for me...he gave me a Rx for Spectazole 1% cream and I am to mix it with Cortisone cream OTC 1%. I actually got the generic ( of both) the Rx is called Econazole Nitrate 1%. Of course, my insurance would not cover it but it was only $22.00 for 60 mg.

Then he said in two weeks when I go back and it is cleared up he will give me instructions on how to prevent it...I, of course, as stated above in April, have tried like EVERYTHING...

Hey, I love the idea of using the CPAP to blow dry...a good use for that too! The hair dryer can get a bit hot if the cool button gets flipped off...LOL

So, I too am having the same problem and I feel your pain...gosh, I can't wait to be normal....The doc did say after I loose more weight it should get better but, then I'll have the hanging pannus syndrome...and under my already low boobs! LOL

Good luck...I'll let you know what he says in 2 weeks as far as preventitive measures....

Edited by amsderb

... what's a weepy rash?

I get this too, under my boobs and apron area. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to make it obnoxious. I didn't even think to try to buy anything for it, I was trying to keep it warm. These are great hints that I'm going to try.

Also, this may be TMI, but it smells. I mean, you can't smell it normally, but if I touch the sweat or wetness, and snif (don't laugh, you know you've done it too!) :lovechoc: it stinks!

Edited by MrsFlipFlops

MrsFlipFlops~ I've found that the tinactin spray powder works well to keep the area dry. I have had issues under my apron and under my breasts in the past, though this summer it's been the breasts mostly....the spray powder goes on very lightly, so it doesn't become clumped like regular powder. It also has a drying agent to help absorb moisture.