Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rash..under my stomach (apron)

I have to ask because I NEVER EVER get rashes. Has anyone gotten a rash under that "flap" of belly fat. I wieghed 257 and currently weigh 220 so I haven't lost ALOT but I now get this re-occuring rash under my flap of fat. What the HELL is that. It 's not like a regular rash..no bumps or anything, it itches and it's almost like a diaper rash. When I use Gold bond powder after a couple of days it dries up. I am a very clean person ( I shower morning and evening) and I can't figure it out. When I went to the doctor the rash had dried out so he didn't really see anything except for a dark bruise looking thing. What is it and why do I have it????

It reminded me of when I saw severly obese people on Discovery health channel that hadn't lifted their folds to wash. I assumed they had some kind of fungus.

Help!!!!!! Is this normal???:smile::tt1::thumbup::confused::sad::wink_smile::):mad::thumbup::confused::confused2::confused2:

It sounds like yeast. The doctors can prescribe creams, but I have found the rash to keep coming back. My solution has been a mild antipersperant daily after the shower to keep it at bay. Good luck.

I would just go to the doctor or dermatologist. I am sure that it's probably just some type of yeast or something simple tho.

It's from your skin sweating and the heat. Probably is yeast and it has nothing to do with how many baths or showers you take.

A spray on antiperspirant works great. I see mmsmom recommended that as well and here I thought I was so smart for thinking it up myself! LOL!

Just remember, as irritating as it is now (and in the future), it is one of those things that your doctor can use to recommend your insurance pay for a tummy tuck! Start keeping track of how often you have it to give the doctor when it is time for that tummy tuck!

Edited by jena

I think it is something to the likes of athletes foot a fungle infection. Alot of us obese people with aprons are blessed with this reoccuring afliction! But hey, if it becomes so bothersome, you will probably be a canidate for an insurance covered panniculectomy with is not as good as a Tummy Tuck, but it does remove the skin and hey if you have ins it is somewhat free! I cannot believe your doctor didn't know what it was, sounds to me like he/she was playing dumb! Especially since you had the skin discoloration that you described! It is not as uncommon as one would think. Plus, no matter how clean you are, it will still come back. I have found that for me gold bond is the best at keeping it at bay. I have heard several people use athletes foot medication when it gets real bad.

Lucky you! Why can't I get rashes, so I would qualify for ins to pay for PS?

Go ahead and now tell me your ins covered your band, too. LOL

Then tell me you recently won the lottery!

I'm sure you don;t feel lucky..... but.

Mine is caused by sweat or Water. I have to dry off really well in the shower but it still doesn't prevent it. I would use the Gold Bond daily. Welcome to the land of maybe needing a Tummy Tuck when you are done with your weight loss. The flab is called a pannus FYI.

Yep, totally normal. For the past few summers I have gotten rashes under my pannus. It is probably yeast although it won't look like a vaginal yeast infection. It has nothing to do with being clean, but it does have to do with staying dry. Moisture can get trapped under there. Make sure you dry it very well after showering -- I have even used a hair dryer on a low setting. Gold Bond powder works pretty well. I've also used the powder-gel made by Monistat with good results. Good luck!

If you think you might need ps sometime in the future, be sure to have your doctor document it for insurance reasons. You might even want a picture of it when it happens again, and most likely it will happen again. It can be a real nuisance and very uncomfortable, but if it'll justify my insurance paying to get rid of it once I loose my weight, I'm glad to have it. I'm working on my documentation now, hopefully this summer I'll be visiting a ps.

I uhhh use a clean washcloth under there to keep it dry.

So far so good - I change it after my daily shower and it has really helped to keep the area dry/rash free for me.

I don't get this under my belly - yet - but I do get rashes behind my knees! Soooo annoying! I have to remind myself to keep my legs out straight when I've been sweating or after showering, until I'm totally dry.

Shortgal,

My insurance did cover my band and my fills....hey I guess I did kinda win the lottery! As strange as it sounds...Go Yeast! My insurance will cover the TT or panniculectomy.< /p>

Seriously, thank you all! I really appreciate all the responses and recommendations.

Mbanja,

Gold Bond does help ALOT. I'll get some Athlete Foot cream.

Thank you all!

Edited by thenume

Shortgal,

My insurance did cover my band and my fills....hey I guess I did kinda win the lottery! As strange as it sounds...Go Yeast! My insurance will cover the TT or panniculectomy.< /p>

Seriously, thank you all! I really appreciate all the responses and recommendations.

Mbanja,

Gold does help ALOT. I'll get some Athlete Foot cream.

Thank you all!

Looks like we turned a negative thing into a silver lining! Now you know when you need to document it, just don;t put your cream/powders on it and you'll be all set.

It's probably a fungal infection. I got that under my breasts one summer. It's red, raw, and it hurts. You'll probably need medicated ointment from the doctor to get rid of it.