Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A question about surgery after a fill

I had problems with my band last summer and ended up having to have the fill taken out of my band. At one point I had 2cc, then 1cc now none. I have been without a fill since August.

My doctor finally said I could get a fill (scheduled for April 1st - I hope it's not an April fools joke - lol). I saw my orthopedic surgeon last night and we both decided that it was time for a total knee replacement on my left knee. I had a total knee replacement on my right knee 2 years ago and I love it.

My question is does the fill have to come out before I have my knee surgery. I hope not because I don't plan on giving it back. My surgery will probably not be until the end of May due to my job and my cranky boss.

I get an epidural for my surgery so it's not like they are putting any kind of tube down my throat.

I just want my fill. I know I should not eat so much, but I am always hungry. Help!!!

Maureen, have you asked your band surgeon, and told him what type of anesthesia/pain blocker will be used? That would be your best bet. I know you are so ready to get your knee repaired! Please let us know what you find out. Best of luck to you!

No, you should not have to be unfilled for surgery. Biggest concern would be nausea from the anesthesia - make your doc aware that you need anti-nausea meds. You should be fine!

whats up??

Do people need unfills to have surgery?

Why are you getting these unfills?

What were the problems you had?

Occasionally we do remove fills for specific types of surgery but not very often. In our office we use scopalamine Patches for post op nausea. Might be worth talking to your orthopod about.

Cameron

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches