Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Exercise Challenge

Wombat, WTG on the 5k!!! I hope one day I can do something like that.

Ceredad, you never cease to amaze me! Good job!

This morning I did 40 minutes on the elliptical.

wombat that is SO awesome, who would have "thunk" you'd be doing this back in Jan?

ceredad - your quite an inspiration & your allowed those "moments". i think we all can relate. after being focused on a wedding this past saturday, i'm like "now what" & in that place PIGGED out really this past wkend and when i got on the scale this AM w/the trainer i gained 2lbs:eek:

so i have a bet w/him that i can loose that 2 + 1 by thursay or it's an hr's worth of abs...fingers crossed

today -

20min walk

50min spin class

30min upper body circut

20min elliptical

off to drink MORE H2O:)

Thanks luluc, this isn't the first time I've had this and I don't imagine it will be the last. Just a funk of sorts.

Good luck on your bet, 1 hr of abs would completely SUCK!

today -

yoga class

30min elliptical

20min bi/tri circut

30min bike

20min leg press / extension / squat circut

10min walk

today: did the 5k treck again with my jogging group. Walked a bit more of it this time. DH went with me and started getting shin splints.

We are off the the jogging store to get properly fitted for shoes. Maybe that will fix his issues - and I need all the help I can get :tt2:

Had problems with the site yesterday. It was taking forever to load, so I was unable to post in here.

Anyway, Tuesday night was lower body. Yesterday morning was cardio on elliptical for 60 minutes. Last night was softball practice. This morning was cardio on elliptical again for 60 minutes. Tonight is upper body again.

I'm off work until next Monday after today, so I won't post my results on my first 5k until then. Wish me luck.

good luck ceradad w/the 5k....!!!!!

today - **no abs, lost 3.5lbs:blush:**

2mile warm up bike

90 full body circut (minus abs) w/trainer

30min elliptical

tuesday is my last day of boot camp & get my fat% / inches lost & weight. i signed back up to do 50min workouts w/my favorite trainer twice a wk. not sure i can do some of this stuff on my own just yet...

yesterday -

90minute class w/my red heeler dog in her agility training class. she LOVES her frizbees!!!

today -

1 mile walk w/2 labs

gym:

30min elliptical

30min abs/leg workout

1/2 mile walk w/1 lab (training going on w/invisible fence - testing the waters:biggrin: & shock collar :()

Okay well I hit the gym this morning and was so glad to see my favorite zumba lady. It felt great to work out today. I have had a long rough week, car wreck that was my fault and just everything that you could imagine going wrong did. I didn't do great on a quiz, I was sad because I have actually done pretty good this year....Anyways, my daughter and I are okay, and I have gotten a great workout today...I worked out for the hour of zumba, then 15 min. elliptical, and 15min on the bike, and strength trained abs and legs...Not to mention I have been walking the dog around the neighborhood...I hit the hundred mark. I am officially down 101 lbs. Which is an awesome victory..So I guess its starting to get better...Okay well it's only took 8 months which is a little longer than some of you but that is okay! I am hoping to get off atleast 30 more before August (hopefully more). Okay well have a great workout weekend!

Hey all - finished week 1 of C25K yesterday. felt sooo good. Then walked around and climbed all over some great boats at the Texas Boat show in Corpus Christi. Sunburned and tired, I slept for 10 hours last night.

Hope every one else is having a great weekend.

No official exercise for me since Thursday. This is my charity week :lol:

Friday - did 3 hours of cooking for Ronald McDonald house

Saturday - 6hrs working Jimmy Buffet concert serving beer and margaritas

Sunday - 6 hrs working Edgefest (19 rock bands all day party nightmare) again serving beer

I'm a little tired after all of that. I'm supposed to jog tomorrow but I think I'm going to spend the day sleeping instead!

Coming up:

Tuesday - 4 hours at SPCA walking dogs

Friday - serving at food pantry for 3 hours

Hope y'all had a great weekend!

Gen

Ok everyone, here is an update from last week. For some reason the computers at work didn't like this site last week. So, I maintained my routine through Thurs. Friday, I got up at 0500, did my lower body workout but no cardio. I went in to work for one of my Lt's retirement Breakfast, picked up my package for my 5k run on Saturday, then took it easy the rest of the day.

Saturday I ran my first 5k in about 24 yrs. Cold as hell and snowing the entire time. Start temp was about 31 w/windchill of around 17. My BIL, my friend Charlie and I all started at the same time. About 1350 runners. We started about 1/3 of the way back in the pack. BIL took off from us, Charlie and I ran side by side the whole way (amazing since he hadn't run in about 2 yrs, but couldn't let the "fatboy" beat him:biggrin:). I was shooting for around 35 minutes, we crossed the line at 32:45. Official time was 31:49:eek::wink2:. Had alot of fun and looking for my next one in May.

Here's a couple of pics DW took for me. DW and DD sat outside the entire time enduring the cold for me. I was so happy they did that.

232323232%7Ffp43239%3Enu%3D323%3A%3E295%3E%3A%3C%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D32335836876%3B4nu0mrj

Charlie (in red), me and BIL waiting for start of run.

232323232%7Ffp43234%3Enu%3D323%3A%3E295%3E%3A%3C%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323358368%3B643nu0mrj

Charlie and I giving the unofficial time at the finish line. Official was 31:49.

Thanks luluc.

The thing that really made people wonder about me is that after the run, I dropped Charlie off at a bar for an NFL draft party, dropped DW and DD off at home, then hit the gym for 90 minutes of cardio. Felt really good for the first 60, then hit a wall. Had alot of people calling me nuts after that one.:wink2:

Yesterday, I had to force myself into the gym for 65 minutes of cardio, normally do 2 hrs on my days off, then home for a nap.

This morning was 65 minutes on elliptical. Tonight is back to upper body workout.