Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Exercise Challenge

Thanks, everyone...your support means a lot!

Daddy, I had no idea that the same thing happened to MM! How long ago? Is she all better now? I hope so! How much fill did she get on her first fill after having it all removed? Oh, so many questions!

Stef-all I can say is "wow". I can't even imagine going through that much for as long as you did. You truly are a warrior, almost a "guy" for not going in earlier. Guys are pretty dumb that way.:biggrin: I hope it goes better for you soon.

As for me, I woke up at 0500 this morning and hit the road running, literally. I ran the 3.1 mile track I described a couple weeks ago. Didn't officially time myself, but I'm pretty sure I was under 34 minutes. Then, hit the gym for 60 minutes on the elliptical.

I'm doing this in anticipation of my first 5k next Saturday morning. I'll try to hit the road again on Wed morning before the gym again.

Keep up the great work everyone!:tongue:

Thanks, everyone...your support means a lot!

Daddy, I had no idea that the same thing happened to MM! How long ago? Is she all better now? I hope so! How much fill did she get on her first fill after having it all removed? Oh, so many questions!

So this was about 4 weeks ago total. 5 weeks we came back from Vaction and she was getting acid reflux every night...she was afraid to see the doc as she knew it would mean an unfil. I made her go. she had no restriction for 2 weeks and was in 'party' mode. She went back two weeks later and he put 1cc. she was at 1.7cc before in her 3cc band. She feels much better restriction again now even at 1cc. She said the difference when she was unfilled was truly amazing.

So this was about 4 weeks ago total. 5 weeks we came back from Vaction and she was getting acid reflux every night...she was afraid to see the doc as she knew it would mean an unfil. I made her go. she had no restriction for 2 weeks and was in 'party' mode. She went back two weeks later and he put 1cc. she was at 1.7cc before in her 3cc band. She feels much better restriction again now even at 1cc. She said the difference when she was unfilled was truly amazing.

Wow! I'm glad she's doing much better. Good for you for making her go...what a good guy you are! I certainly understand the "party mode" comment! However, {knock on wood}, I really can't eat a lot. But I CAN eat! That is the important thing! I had a Cottage Double with pineapple this morning, added in another half cup or so cottage cheese to cut the sweet, and I was stuffed. That was six hours ago and I'm really not hungry still. So I'm just playing it minute by minute.

Hey...3CC band? Who makes that? I hadn't heard of a 3CC band before. Is that what you have, too?

Stef-all I can say is "wow". I can't even imagine going through that much for as long as you did. You truly are a warrior, almost a "guy" for not going in earlier. Guys are pretty dumb that way.:biggrin: I hope it goes better for you soon.

Thanks, CeraDad! I like the "guy" comment! Yes, I am dumb about stuff like that...for sure. It's going marvelously now! I am not worried. Thank you for the comments!

Hi everyone! I thought I would update ya'll about my staph infection. It turned out I had MRSA staph, which was a real bummer. I had a pretty hard time with it, but I am much better now. My leg is looks and feels so much better.

I am also having problems with my neck/shoulder area, my doc thinks I may have pulled a muscle, so I am on meds for that too.

I am afraid I won't make my original goal, but I am going to start doing cardio again on Monday. I won't be able to do any strength training until my shoulder gets better, but I'm excited to get to start doing some cardio.

Ya'll have been doing great! Keep up the nice work!!

Wow, Georgia girl that had to be a really sore leg! I am so glad your feeling better and its awesome your getting right back into your cardio! I know that is the most important part!

Wow all this stuff with the band that you have been sharing is so good to know...I never realized that happened a lot, and right now information is power...

Well I am a little sad that I haven't been losing the lbs...like I want but I am thankful that I have lost some inches. My regular zumba lady has been gone and I got to tell you I am so bummed about it. Other ladies that teach zumba are really good too, but they are faster and they jump so much that I get discouraged. Even though I have lost some weight, the knees still give me some problems..Anyways~ I did the zumba class and targeted my abs, and my legs on Satruday, and I have lost my good build up on the elliptical...I only did twenty minutes after Zumba...Hitting the gym tomorrow as it is my day off. Thank God for Monday's off!!!

Clinicals have been crazy, I have seen so many things. I love being at the hospital, but it's a lot to process. I love helping all of the patients I have had so far though! Okay well take care everyone!

Ok, this morning was 60 minutes on elliptical this morning. Lifting for upper body tonight.

Sorry I haven't been overly chatty lately, I am just fighting the desire to stop working out right now. Been having to save all my encouragements for myself.;) Once I get through this period, I'll be back to my cheering, encouraging self. Good luck everyone.

P.S. I think I said this over the weekend, but 6 more days until my first 5k. People find it amazing that I am doing this. Their jaws drop when I mention the mini tri's I'm looking at doing.

Got in 45 minutes of cardio this morning. Fast walking until tomorrow when I re-start the C25K thing.

Also re-started with the PT today. Man, did that feel good. It has been so long since I lifted. We did chest and legs.

So many medical issue - it is great to hear that they are clearing up in due time. Healing is such a funny thing.

Have a gerat week y'all.

good luck w/the 5k ceradad!

georgia girl - glad your feeling better & able to get back to exercising!!

yesterday - nothing:ohmy:

today - 3.5 mile run / leg & ab floor exercises

Today was the first day of the "Outdoors Jogging Club" at work. Surprise surprise, I was the only girl there.

We ran 5k today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went way faster than I'm used to. They tried slowing down and I tried to speed up a tad. We were running 11min miles. I did think I was going to die though! I had to walk a tad at the end.

I have now gone farther and faster than ever before. I'm exhausted but excited.

I just couldn't let the guys leave me behind (I didn't think I was competitive)

I'm planning on doing this Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (glutton for punishment). I'm on the lookout now to sign up for a 5K!!!!

Ceradad - come on here so we can encourage you!!! You have done amazing work so far! You put me to shame how much you can work out, lift, cardio, etc. I am in awe :rolleyes2:

We ran 5k today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went way faster than I'm used to. They tried slowing down and I tried to speed up a tad. We were running 11min miles. I did think I was going to die though! I had to walk a tad at the end.

I'm planning on doing this Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (glutton for punishment). I'm on the lookout now to sign up for a 5K!!!!

Ceradad - come on here so we can encourage you!!! You have done amazing work so far! You put me to shame how much you can work out, lift, cardio, etc. I am in awe :)

Great job on the run today Wombat!:thumbup: Amazing how good it feels, doesn't it? If you are serious on the 5k runs, go online and do a simple search in your area. You will be amazed how many there are that you didn't know about. If I wanted to, I could do 2 per weekend for the entire summer.:)

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I think I'm just going through one of the valleys in my journey. Self doubt and wondering are taking hold inside me and I have to fend them off once again. I'll come out the other side all the better. Just have to keep the faith and continue working at it. Just don't want to lose the momentum.

As for how often and how much I workout and lift, I've always been a gym rat when I had the drive. I just couldn't find the drive to make it in for extended periods of time. Once I got in there, few people could match my intensity. Now, because of my new sense of confidence in the gym, I have that. Plus, I've been going so much, so often, the staff all know me as do alot of the regulars. I've been accepted into one of the regulars. That is a first and it helps tremendously.

Ok, so last night was upper body. Not sure if I mentioned this, but I decided to change things up a little this cycle. Instead of doing one day at a rep number, I am doing it twice for upper and lower body. So, instead of a 3 wk cycle, I changed it to a 6 wk cycle. I think it is really helping me on the workouts. I feel stronger when I increase the reps week to week.

This morning was 65 minutes of cardio on elliptical.