Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This thread is going to be sooo inappropriate!

I had jumped on here and was reading some of the posts since I hadn't been on in a few days due to issues with my internet, and came across this and almost didn't read it but curiousity got the better of me and now I am sitting here laughing hysterically after reading some of the posts on there...I know that its not really nice to laugh but I just can't help it..I couldnt imagine having gas so bad that you can clear a room all the time...The office I work in is extremely small and that would be awful to deal with on an almost daily basis. When I was researching the lap bad before my consultation I got a lot of links to OH and got so frustrated with trying to find anything on there and then found a link to here and have never looked back. I work in a jail setting so I see the absolute ridiculous on a regular basis but some of the posts on OH take the cake. But I am glad I found LBT and joined here.

When I first started reading this thread, I'll admit I thought "C'mon, what's the big deal? It's a fart. Have you ever encountered a fart that didn't stink?"........but wow......somebody on the DS thread wrote that they got WRITTEN UP at work over a gas issue!!! How does the boss conduct that meeting without laughing?!?

Now if that doesn't beat all. Can you imagine the grievance of that write up? That poor person won't stand a chance of overturning that write up if they happen to let one during the meeting!!!!! HA!

Sheesh... I'm at it again! I can't quit!

hello, I'm Bubblebutt and I'm a DS gas addict.

You can't make this stuff up, folks.

SMELLY BAD DAY [Archive] - Duodenal Switch Support Forum

May 18th, 2003, 08:35 AM

OK,now i know this may sound wierd, but has anyone come up with a charcoal suppository???? Dont know how far fetched it may be......hrmmmm but i guess its going to have to come in a pack of 100 disposables to keep up with all the toilet issues going on around here!!! :huh2:

At least its not going into the stomach, which might effect the absorbtion of other Vitamins, so it might help better than the oral kind. I wonder if by the time you do have to use the toilet whether the supposistory has absorbed the odors before they are passed? :)

Just my thought out aloud!!!

Lea

P.s If they do come about on the market, your all knew it was my idea originally ok,so you all get a cut :D

Check it out:

Lea...believe it or not, there are charcoal-lined cushions designed to filter body gas....and also underpants with charcoal liners ("Farty Pants"). I think the website for the cusions is something like www.gasbegone.com or something like that. I'm sure you could find it through one of the search engines.

Fartypants?? OMG, I can't imagine having to Google for something like fartypants.

And they wonder why they lose weight:

BM problems after DS [Archive] - Duodenal Switch Support Forum

I need some advice. I understood that there may be an increased number of bowel movments after having the duodenal switch, but this is taking up much of my day. It is not unusual for me to have 10-15 BM's /day. Is this normal? Can drinking too much Water affect it?

I'm wanting revision surgery but I'm fairly comfortable in saying, there's not a freak'en chance in hell it's gonna be DS!

There are devices for trapping gas. They use them in studies. They have 2 options - either a tube/bulb (to lock it tight, like a foley - kinda) that goes into the bum, or panties that are sealed to your skin. Then there's a camelhump type bag (like a thin backpack) you wear under your clothes that holds all the gas.

If you're desperate enough for charcoal suppositories -- hmm, maybe I should find the supplier of these backpacks and set up a retail shop...

And they say Cows (or rather, gas from cows) are causing global warming...... wonder if there's a way to trap the gas from DS'er and put it use?? Take about a 'natural gas' stove...... hehe

I can just see it now, charcoal buttplugs all around!! They go to the "source" of the problem. I guess you could have a hollow chamber in the center with activators and when you farted it could smell like a "spring morning"

This is one of the funniest threads I've ever seen BTW:lol:

There has to be someone in a lab somewhere that could figure out a way to bottle up those "stink farts" and turn them to liquid (Oops, by the sound of it, most of them are already liquid". We farm and pay $7000/ton for fertilizer. We'd be willing to 1/2 of that price for some good stuff

Tell me they don't stink... maybe they should back off from the trough and get a freak'en grip. They say their obesity is cured. It's not cured, they forced their body into a position of being able to tolerate huge quantities of bad food, they justify it by saying their body turns bad unhealthy food into good food, and all this so they don't have to deal with their issues. Only it does not appear that it's all that great for their body either. If a human being is omitting those kinds of aromas, perhaps they need to reconsider this "cure" they have.

I'll take a band ANY day over stinky.

How many threads have they started with "I just ate a whole bag of oreos, your band sucks"

When others have questioned what type of example this is for the DSers children....boy do they get irate....

Can you imagine a DS support group meeting? Is there enough clothespins and febreze in the world for that?

gee ... thanks a LOT.

chai tea thru the nose hurts like a bitch!

gee ... thanks a LOT.

chai tea thru the nose hurts like a bitch!

Still better than being stuck in an elevator with a DS patient.

Anyone have a match?

Have you ever seen that movie "Scanners" where the guy's head blows up? That what would happen in the elevator....no match is gonna help ya....

I have a serious question. Seriously. OK, I guess more of a statement, really, but maybe Wasa or someone else knows from reading their posts...I hate trying to navigate over there, so I'm not going to try to wade through to find the answer, but here's my theory:

OK, so the stuff that they eat in mass quantities that gets magically transformed into nutrition in their magical innards....is LOADED with bad stuff....Trans fats and high fructose corn Syrup and the like. I have to wonder even if they aren't obese anymore what types of health problems they continue to have just like a morbidly obese person? High cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes??? Surely it has some effect on the body unless of course they fart (or shart) it all out, but it seems like if they're eating ALL that crap that SOME of it would be absorbed. Anyone know? Or care?

I have a serious question. Seriously. OK, I guess more of a statement, really, but maybe Wasa or someone else knows from reading their posts...I hate trying to navigate over there, so I'm not going to try to wade through to find the answer, but here's my theory:

OK, so the stuff that they eat in mass quantities that gets magically transformed into nutrition in their magical innards....is LOADED with bad stuff....Trans fats and high fructose corn Syrup and the like. I have to wonder even if they aren't obese anymore what types of health problems they continue to have just like a morbidly obese person? High cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes??? Surely it has some effect on the body unless of course they fart (or shart) it all out, but it seems like if they're eating ALL that crap that SOME of it would be absorbed. Anyone know? Or care?

I wondered that exact same thing...