Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This thread is going to be sooo inappropriate!

You guys kinda make me wish I knew crap about OH and what goes on there, but sadly I do not. Like 3 or 4 years ago I tried to get onboard but it was so damn near impossible to sign up, navigate, etc. that I gave up. If I can't figure it out, I probably don't need it.

But seems like the entertainment factor could be worth figuring it out...

They just started a new forum, a R&R forum. I think they were copying Alex. But I swear, their rules must be, "Attack the person, not the topic."

If you ever feel like behaving as an inappropriate child and get into name calling pissing matches, the OH R&R forum is your place! :ohmy:

I used to wonder if it was the surgery type that attracted such bizarre personality types or if the procedure caused nutritional deficiencies and did it to them. But now the more I think about it I think a certain personality type is drawn to that procedure.

I'm telling you, some of those people are truly weird.

But it is entertaining. The leader of the pack is an atheist and she didn't understand why I blocked her, afterall... she's atheist! We should work together to slam dunk Christians. As I told the messenger, she's an embarrassment to atheism, nothing more. But she is one of the extra bizarre and more colorful types over there.

Wow. I didn't know DS people were stinky. I don't think I could have made that decision. Having to buy special products for unexpected stinks in public? :ohmy: Spring fresh..

When I PB in public, it doesn't bother anyone else.. unless yer that girl who threw up in the kids hair hehehehe!!

Yeah it is, I joined it same time I joined here.. I could not navigate that place at all, and I'm pretty computer literate. I could never find the same thread twice, and I had no idea where it dumped me (sometimes I would be in RnY section for no reason).

And every single page has an active-x notification which gets really annoying..

that whole forum is just ... disorganized ... unless im doing it wrong.

I thought it was just me! I hate that site. It's a jumbled mess! I like the organization of LBT soooo much better.

My doc recommended that site to me the last couple of visits and I told him NO...send people to lapbandtalk.com. I made him write it down. I told him OH sucks.

So what -- explain it to me like I'm 5 years old! -- is supposedly the advantages to those types of WLS over the band....?

'Cuz I'm not really seein' it!

So what -- explain it to me like I'm 5 years old! -- is supposedly the advantages to those types of WLS over the band....?

'Cuz I'm not really seein' it!

Nana ... cant you see it? with DS you can eat anything you want, cake, Cookies, sugar, bread, fried foods, etc ...

you'll just have really stinky poopies and tooties (there's the 5yr old assistance :ohmy:) when you do ...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I don't know why these threads make me giggle like a 6 year old calling someone poopyhead but damn, I can't resist!

Just a Drop discount info

There is a little history here. DS is a WLS type, it is kinda like extreme malabsorption and it makes your poop and farts so bad people could faint. I mean it's HORRIBLE! This is something DSers battle all the time. It's so bad if they fart the stench clings to their clothing. Others complain openly in public restrooms. I'm telling you, it's extreme. They are forever having to keep Fabreeze and specialized products with them 24/7. One bariatric surgeon was telling another person about a patient where he was removing her gallbladder. She farted while under anesthesia and they were gagging in the OR and since it was the middle of surgery, he couldn't leave the room. The gallbladder patient had DS.

He went on to say that if a DSer farted in an elevator, when the doors opened people wouldn't be rushing out of the elevator, they'd be dead.

There are WLS type wars on OH all the time. Bandsters tease DSers for stinking and they tease us for barfing. They are forever insisting they don't stink yet they keep companies like this in productive business! HA

This thread just cracked me up, I've been laughing since I read it. I just can't imagine my husband wanting me to buy EXTREME odor eaters for the bathroom and clothing. I can't fathom this conversation in my home!

It's not funny that DS patients stink so bad, it's not. But if you saw the horrific things they say about us, referring to our bands as laugh-bands, choke chains, if you saw how they degrade and insult banded people for being banded, maybe you would understand my childish laughter going on right now.

If DS patients eat carbs that is when it is apparently the worst. One piece of cake and they get instant gas and clear a building. Yeah, I'll take my choke chain any 'ol day over farts that are lethal and a stench following me each place I go.

OMG! it can't be that bad!:ohmy: that's terrible! how is the stinking gas related to the surgery? I wonder if there is way to avoid them... believe it or not, I've been married 17 years and I have never passed gas in front of hubby, or done # 2.... unless I passed gas while sleeping....but I hope not...I know, maybe I'm too extreme, but I'm very shy when it comes to those things.... now imagine if I was passing those killer bombs.... so embarrasing...

you'll just have really stinky poopies and tooties
So basically it turns us into men?

OMG! it can't be that bad!:ohmy: that's terrible! how is the stinking gas related to the surgery? I wonder if there is way to avoid them... believe it or not, I've been married 17 years and I have never passed gas in front of hubby, or done # 2.... unless I passed gas while sleeping....but I hope not...I know, maybe I'm too extreme, but I'm very shy when it comes to those things.... now imagine if I was passing those killer bombs.... so embarrasing...

OMG ... i cant believe im sharing this story, but here goes...

ok... DH and I dated on the internet (met, courted, you name it ..) we met on a Saturday and married that next Wednesday. been happily married for over 10 years.

when we first lived together after marriage, i realllllly had to fart... reallly really bad but was just too embarrassed to do it in front of him ... this was 2AM. i woke him up from a completely sound sleep to go downstairs and get me some of the fruit we had cut up that night ... "i'm hungry - go get me some fruit" ... so i could do the deed without him hearing it. of course i probably could have done it and still not heard it cause he was SLEEPING... but anyway ... that's my story. now, ehhh, we dont really care.

So basically it turns us into men?

:huh2:

Wait -- so does that mean it also:

• Gives us the bright idea that intentionally Fing up some responsibility will mean we don't have to do it anymore
  • Makes us truly believe that running up and dry-humping our SO every time they bend over to pick something up is actually going to turn them on
  • Means we can never comment on the attractiveness of someone of the same sex without it meaning we're gay, and
  • Makes us think "I don't know" is actually some freaking kind of answer to a question?

rofl wheet.

It's ironic you said that storing losing, something about that came up recently in my relationship.

I never farted or did #2 with DH around, when we first moved in together- after 3 years of dating.. I still wouldn't do those things. We were living in New Mexico, and my family came for a visit. When I get scared, I have 'scared farts'.. not to be confused with 'rainbow farts'. We were going up a trolly up the side of the Sandia mountains (I hate heights), and some drunk wedding party was on there swaying it. I started farting, and I blamed it on my dad.. who cares, it's dad! And my dad, in front of DH (DB at the time) is going "No I didn't, YOU did". I was so mortified, I actually cried and yelled at him later!!

I would send DB to the gas station or to neighbor for something when I needed to do #2. I FINALLY got over that in the past 6 months-- living together 4 or so years now. I can now do it, as long as he's not in the room connected to the bathroom.

But a couple weeks ago, he walks in the bathroom and goes "PEW!!". And he killed it. I am back to square one!!! Men.