Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All you people do is complain...

The frostys really are not that bad. Just in liquid form that gets poured in the machine and drained out every night. It's about whether or not the employees do the proper cleaning of the machine. If not then then it can get a little funky.

As for the chili if y'all really want to know I will tell ya but some might find it a little nasty.

Skip this post if you don't wanna know.

You know how they always keep meat fresh on the grill? Well when there is too much meat laid down and it gets all burned and nasty it is put into a pan of Water on the grill. The meat in that pan is drained and frozen and used for your future chili. They thaw it in some more water and rinse it and throw it in. I would still eat it but some people get grossed out my that kind of stuff. lol

You guys are making me hungry. PLEASE somebody, quick, tell me that there are maggots all over at fast food restaurants.

Sometimes I use that image so I won't eat certain foods. I just pretend I saw a bug or something nasty crawling on it and then I won't eat it!

After seeing Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares and that one episode w/the bugs, I'm a little freaked out about eating out.

But, then, if it's good...and cooked and doesn't make me sick, I'll eat it.

Sometimes I wish I were pickier - I would not be so fat! I guess I should just get off the internet, then huh?

Edited by Gone4Now
typo

When I got my band, I gave up fast food. EXCEPT In-and-Out Burgers (grew up and still live in So Cal...and will NEVER give these up((plus I only eat them like 2x a year))) and Panda Express. The meal I get at Panda is about 900 calories...but it takes me 3 meals to eat it.

Oh yeah...and if I work out...I allow myself 1-2 small DQ Blizzards a month:biggrin2:

Okay, for SoCal/San Diego people: My brother used to live there, and when I'd visit he'd take me to this fast food place to get fish, shrimp and lobster tacos. There were loaded with grease and fat but OMG sooo good!

What was that place???? Is it still around?

I do love me some Wendy's fries dipped in Frosty though.

And I thought my dh was the only person that did that!

Okay, for SoCal/San Diego people: My brother used to live there, and when I'd visit he'd take me to this fast food place to get fish, shrimp and lobster tacos. There were loaded with grease and fat but OMG sooo good!
Gosh, that could be anywhere, so many fish taco places. One of the more common ones I can think of was Wahoo's, but that cuisine is something you can find all over the place there. The greasiest I remember was one of the stands at the Del Mar Fair, but I don't remember the name of the place.

Ok, here are my SoCal places I really miss (I know they're elsewhere, but not here):

Del Taco. Mmmm. I loved their taco burgers as a kid, and always favored their quesadillas with the little pepper pieces in them.

Naugles. Which I think was bought by Del Taco. THey made the biggest beef & cheese burritos, absolutely crammed full of both.

Jack in the Box -- Breakfast Jack was the only ham I would eat.

Carl's Jr (which I know is a Hardee's thing now, but it was different when it was still Carl's). I fondly remember the Western Bacon Cheeseburger, theur crinkly fries, and the *best* breakfast sandwiches.

A steakhouse called Pinnacle Peak, don't remember if it was a chain or not.

A nrighborhood place (maybe a chain, don't remember) called Gaetano's. BEST Italian.

Doodle Burger.

Oh, and a place called Souplantation.

And Tio Leo's (instead of chips & salsa, you got chips w/ hot jalapenos/carrots/onions)

Mmmm.

And I was thin then...

Edited by Wheetsin

A nrighborhood place (maybe a chain, don't remember) called Gaetano's. BEST Italian.

I have eaten there! We visited about 4-5 years ago and we kept going there for dinner each night. We loved it!!! I think it was Cannolli, or something like that - the best ever!

Doodle Burger.

Oh, and a place called Souplantation.

I have eaten there as well. There is a place like that in Houston, Sweet Tomato, but the Souplantation in SD was better.

And I was thin then...

Nah..not me. :biggrin: So, I ate a LOT of all that stuff.

When I got my band, I gave up fast food. EXCEPT In-and-Out Burgers (grew up and still live in So Cal...and will NEVER give these up((plus I only eat them like 2x a year))) and Panda Express. The meal I get at Panda is about 900 calories...but it takes me 3 meals to eat it.

Oh yeah...and if I work out...I allow myself 1-2 small DQ Blizzards a month:biggrin2:

I gave up fast food completely as well - Except about every other month or so I will get a Whataburger Jr W/Cheese. I fell in LOVE w/Whataburger when I moved to TX - it was my "Late Night Haunt" after an evening of libations' - My dogs I think miss is more, DH and I use to pick up a burger for each of them too...

Wow you guys took this thread far in 1 day!

For the record, I lost 30ish pounds the first week post-op. And I didn't cut my leg off!!!

Sonic is yummy. Well, their Ocean Water. That's all I can even remember getting from there, the rest was like any other fast food place.

And I figured Wendy's chili was some sort of reject burger meat, since it's pieces of the burgers in it. It's still yummy though!!

I do love me some Wendy's fries dipped in Frosty though.

I'm soooo glad to hear that I am not the only one who does that. In my pre-band days, I did that everytime I went there. People think I'm nuts, but it's sooooo good.

chocolate covered potato chips was another one of my favorites! :biggrin:

naugles was bought by del taco...i used to go to one that was on the edge of palm springs...macho beef burrito....mmmmmm....del taco was never as good