Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All you people do is complain...

Wow you guys have fun smelling plants. The closest plan that makes any sort of smell is about 10 miles down the road, a Meow Mix plant.. makes cat food. That stuff does NOT smell right. Ever put your head in a bag of cat food? Imagine that times a million with a few extra intoxicating smells.. I'll trade you for a donut factory. They do smell good.

oh yeah .. forgot about that part! Its supposed to be all butterflies and rainbows huh?

Well let me get this 3rd cup of coffee down and I will get back to you on that ... :puke:

Oh, see, we're lucky, here, we have a sunbeam bread factory. On a good day, in the middle of summer, you can smell it all over the city, a buttery bready, nice smell.

Know what's worse than donuts? pizza. I had my one and only productive burp on pizza, and it wasn't even the good shit, either! It was freakin' Tombstone! Took two bites and was in absolute hell for 3 1/2 hours.

Krispy Cremes are AWESOME, though. Or at least, they were when I could eat them. And like someone said, you've gotta eat them while they're hot or warm, 'cause they're gross otherwise.

Laurend, I know EXACTLY what you are saying about the pizza...worst pain (SO not worth it) than I've had since I don't know when.

Now I'm afraid of anything with dough or a crust or bun (as well I should be since I'm FAT, OBNOXOUS, ILL-TEMPERED, ILLITERATE, IGNORANT and just plain disgusting to be around).

While I'm on my rant, let me just say, you guys are the best. This thread has provided me with so many laughs... I love to read it in the morning just to get me in a good mood to start my day. The witty responses are the best...keep 'em coming!!

And I guess, in parting I feel obliged to say (as my mother says to me): "she's more to be pitied than censored". (But is SO much more fun to censor someone!!)

Have a GREAT banded day, everyone!!

We don't have any plants around here??? We do have an Arrowhead Bottling Company about 30 min away. It always smells like...like...like nothing when you drive by. SIGH

We have a Maxwell House coffe plant by us. I am not a coffee drinker to begin with, and that smell is just overpowering and I hate it.

Kity, drive by a KFC in the morning, it's enough to make you not ever want to eat chicken again :lol:

We farm and live 2 miles from a dairy that has thousands of cows. It was built about three years ago. We only get the smell when the wind is from the east. The only thing I can think on those days is "I didn't sign up for this"! Yes, I live by a poop plant.

LOL Before my Gramma passed on, she lived across from a watermelon field. It actually smelled really YUMMY when the sun was just right and the breeze was ever so slight. I was never there after picking season to know if the left over melons rotted or not. I think I am glad of it....

She was also up the road from a dairy farm, and in front of a cow field. But it rarely stank where she lived, or it could be she had so many peppermint and butterscotch candy dishes in her house we never noticed.

Where I am originally from there is an Ethanol Plant and the only time you could really smell it was if it rained or was extremely hot outside and then it made everything smell like a brewery....

I have got you all beat!

I used to live in Nebraska, near a DOG food plant. The smell was beyond horrible and you could SEE THEM TAKING HORSES to the plant. Guess why???? I hated life there.

AND IN NORTH CAROLINA we lived near a "pig processing' plant....horrid!

when I lived in Chicago, I lived near the nabisco plant. The air always smelled like brownies baking. I think they were making oreos.

There is nothing like oreos dunked in milk. A fond memory, but I like

being 5 lbs from goal much better.

I agree with the pizza pb. I spent 2 hours puking and haven't tried pizza since.

when I lived in Chicago, I lived near the nabisco plant. The air always smelled like brownies baking. I think they were making oreos.

There is nothing like oreos dunked in milk. A fond memory, but I like

being 5 lbs from goal much better.

I agree with the pizza pb. I spent 2 hours puking and haven't tried pizza since.

It's amazing how unappetizing something looks when you know it's going to hurt you. I used to be a MASSIVE carb addict. If it was warm and yeasty, I wanted it. Now, even the best yeast rolls don't look good to me 95% of the time.

It's amazing how unappetizing something looks when you know it's going to hurt you. I used to be a MASSIVE carb addict. If it was warm and yeasty, I wanted it. Now, even the best yeast rolls don't look good to me 95% of the time.

I feel the same way about pizza now. I used to LOVE it, especially the thick crust kind! The doughier, the better. Now it just doesn't even appeal to me. I will occasionally have a thin, crispy slice of pizza but it's just not the same.

I'm lucky (I guess...) in that I don't have any food intolerances as of yet. I can eat pizza, but whereas I used to love me a slice of hand-tossed bready goodness, I now prefer as thin/crispy of a crust as I can get. This is because I know I'm going to be full in very few bites, and the topping has always been the better half to me. Usually I eat the topping off, and if I'm still hungry I will nibble on the crust but usually have to put some parmesan & salt on it or something. I've become much bigger on textures, and the texture is just kind of... wet mush.

ETA: Uno's is an exception, of course. Their cust could be a meal in itself, entree and dessert. It's so good!