Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All you people do is complain...

I have a confession. Kinda-sorta, anyway. Sometimes, I have a very strong urge to tell people to unwad their panties from their asscrack. Who knew people could get so pissed and/or offended over people making semi-joking posts about the lack of grammar skills on the website? It isn't that serious and you aren't being called a moron if you don't use proper spelling and grammar. Chill.

No, Your Doctor (the professional) will be asking you for advice on "how you did it", so he can tell all his patients.

And you forgot you'd be sliming up M and M's with the MT Dew.

you forgot the alcohol for some ... :lol:

Hm to go from size 26-4 in 6 months.. you gotta chase all yer meals with carbonation and purge. Course, coulda save you or your insurance some money and just picked up a tooth brush and commenced with bulemia.. Just sayin. :biggrin:

My doc told me this week I'm one of his best lap-band patients, and I just thought.. tell your patients to come in for a fill, that's all I'm doing right!!!!!!

Edited by FairyFacade

Hm to go from size 26-4 in 6 months.. you gotta chase all yer meals with carbonation and purge. Course, coulda save you or your insurance some money and just picked up a tooth brush and commenced with bulemia.. Just sayin. :tongue:

Purge?? EWWWW!!!!! I thought getting the band was the easy way to lose weight and all I had to do was sit back and get skinny. You mean I actually have to do WORK??? I didn't sign on for that!! Maybe if I just get another fill I won't be able to keep anything down. Then I should be able to reach size 4 in 6 months, don't you think? :biggrin:

:thumbup:

How about the whiners!

"I just can't help it but I'm five days post op and I'm hungry so I ate four pieces of pizza, can anyone help me? PLZ?"

Yeah, stop it. You have to use some control until you get restriction.And yeah it sucks.

"Oh you people have no compassion and are so mean".

Oh ok then, just wait for that lapband fairy to fly over you and wave the magic lapband wand, you'll wake up tomorrow and be skinny.

"but I don't want to count calories" (stomping feet like a toddler having a tantrum) "I have to measure and weigh eveything" whah, whah, whah. "I don't want to diet".

Then stay fat! :thumbup:

"Did I hurt my band?":confused:

How the hell do we know, We seem to have misplaced our superman x-ray vision glasses AND we're not a DR.

:biggrin::lol::tongue:

"Oh you people have no compassion and are so mean".

Oh really? :biggrin:

I just don't try to preach to people that they are unhealthy becasue they don't reach a normal BMI according to some chart. I think it's rude and as someone that once suffered from obesity as you did, I would think you'd have more compassion and understanding.

Edited by Chickie
To add quote

Ooh, good one.

But I still disagree that a person with a 24.9 BMI is healthy but a person with a 25 BMI is not. Sorry, but you aren't going to convince me that as soon as you gain that extra pound or two, you stop being healthy. That's not how science or statistics works. The BMI charts are just guidelines and you can't take them so literally like that.

It's not ME who has decided the charts are the way they are, it is the medical community. I only happen to agree that a BMI of under 25 is better than having a BMI of over 25. That statistically, someone with a BMI of over 25 is going to be in greater danger of obesity related illness. And it's not my job to convince you of it either. I honestly don't care what anyone else believes about it.

If people don't want to be healthy, that's cool, but I think this "You are so men because you say being fat isn't healthy" shit has to stop.

It seems to me that too many overweight people jump up and down, saying thin is ugly, but if you were to DARE to say the same about obesity, you are fattist. It's a wee bit hypocritical, dont'ca think?

I think IN THIS FORUM it is rude. Many people here will never reach the "healthy BMI". Some only because of excess skin that they can't afford to remove. Yet they've worked hard and have acheived a great deal and you always have to throw in the "BUT, you're not at a healthy BMI" thing.

I still think you are directing this anger at me for one comment when it is really someone else in your life that you really are angry with that must be making some comments.

The degree to which one is "thin" is subjective. How it looks on one person in one photo can be different than how the person appears in person. A normal BMI has a range of what, like 15 pounds, so maybe people might think one person looks good at the high end but perhaps "too thin" at the low end of their BMI.

This whole stupid gripe you have, all started because you tried to tell someone else on here ( who I agree does not have very good band habits) that she should re-evaluate her desire NOT to get to a normal BMI, when that was not even the question she posed.

So I defended her right to choose the final weight she wanted to be.

As I have said ( but you don't put that quote of mine in your response) that it does NOT diminish your achievement to get where you have. If you're happy where you are good for you.

And taking one quote of mine from one post and combining it with another is totally taking it out of context. The line you quoted was about whiney newbie complainers.

The fact that you continue to harp on this ( and take the time to go back to check my previous posts) tells me it's a very sensitive subject for you.

But harping on people that they are NOT healthy can be very sensitive to some people as well. No, I am not one of those people, but I did feel on one PS thread, a person felt she had to defend her weight goal as well, because of what you wrote.

MOST people would not consider someone that is 10 pounds overweight, "fat or unhealthy".

You are an idiot. I don't always throw that in. I respect people who literally work their asses off, no matter where they end up BMI wise. There are more than a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Grace is an idiot, because has an eating disorder, and is boasting about it. I did say she needs to examine why she thinks people with a normal BMI are unattractive, not that she needs to examine why she doesn't want to be a normal BMI. So did a couple of other people. Yet I am the one you have a hard on for.

And no, I didn't add that bit, because I don't really give two shits what someone like you thinks of what I have done. What you think of me and about me really doesn't enter into the argument. I don't come here for pats on the head from you my dear.

The FACT remains the the medical community says that statistically a BMI of over 25 is overweight. And being over weight carries risk of serious obesity related illness.

If you, and others like yourself cannot face facts, it is not up to me to hold your hand, and tell you that it's fine to be fat because thin people get obesity related illness too. Because I wont. It's not my job to educate people on their own health. And if you want to be fat, after having surgery to lose weight, that is well within your rights, but I elected to NOT be fat after having surgery to lose weight. Personal choice. We all have it, most of us use it.

We've been around and around on this before Chickie and as I've mentioned you are unable to debate a subject wthout juvenile name calling.

I am well aware that "G" has a problem, but she still had a right to choose her weight and she stated in the post that she DID NOT WANT to LOSE MORE WEIGHT, but you insisted she consider that option. She said SHE doesn;t like the way SHE looks at a normal BMI, not that ALL other people at a normal BMI are unattractive.

If what I think about you doesn't matter, then why all the anger? One would think there would just be indifference.

You can spout that "the medical community" thing all you want. The medical community changes it mind all the time about things, like smoking and drinking while pregnant.

You my dear, have issues! You have "respect" for people who work their ass off but then tell them they are unhealthy and I am NOT just talking about "G".

No, you do not need my acknowlegement of your acheivement, nor do I need your approval of my final weight.

I hate to weigh in on this (no pun intended) and get in the middle, but I have never, ever seen Chickie tell someone that they needed to lose more weight. And I usually lurk in those threads, if not actively post in them. I have seen her (and several other people, too) make the point that a person with an "overweight" BMI is likely to have more weight-related health problems than is a person with a "healthy" BMI. And she's right. That's why, all other things being equal (smoking status, family history, etc.), a person with a BMI of 28 or 29 is going to pay a higher insurance premium than a person with a BMI of 23. But, again, she's ALWAYS said that people can choose whatever goal weight they want to, and that she's happy as long as they are happy and not thinking that there isn't any health risk to remaining overweight. To my knowledge, she's NEVER insisted that other people need to lose more weight. Has she ever said that people might be healthier at a lower weight? Sure. But she's never insisted that they lose more than they want to lose.

Quite frankly, I think there's been badly phrased comments on BOTH sides of the issue, by more than one person. The fact is, yes, Grace was insulting. I don't think she necessarily MEANT to be, but she was, regardless. I mean, I can see why Chickie and Jachut were insulted, and I don't even have a "normal" BMI.

Lets take weight right out of it.

Sunscreen.

Ok. People who don't wear sunscreen and spend time in the sun tend to get skin cancer, right? But people who DO wear sunscreen don't get it nearly as often as people don't.

Isn't it better to wear the sunscreen, than to say "I don't have to wear sunscreen because even people who do wear it can get skin cancer"?

And as to "G" (LMAO) She called ME unattractive. She said I have "that look" The one she finds so ugly that she is eating junk and puking it up into the skink to stop herself looking like.

I think you will find if you pull your head out of Graces ass for a few minutes and look around most people feel the same way about Graces bullshit as I do.

And I do dammed well respect people. More than a few. But acting like you are morally superior to me because you didn't get as heavy as me, and calling me ugly is not the way to get it honey. I don't respect YOU. And that is your problem with me.

And I don't find myself needing to approve of anyones weight. I think I have said that more than enough.

What this comes down to is some people don't want to, or are afraid to get to a normal weight. Rather than owning those feelings they attack people who they feel show them up. It is their problem. Not mine.