Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I came to the board to see if anyone could offer assistance on loosing too much weight.

I shared my experience and my desire and BOOM! Some took offense, as evident by some of the posters.

Never did I say what others should weigh....or how others look. I said "me" and "I".

Wish I could delete a thread I started as there is vulgar language in some of the posts.

But for everyone...I, me said I didn't want to be less than a size 6 because of knobby knees and such. Me, I....didn't say anything about anyone else.

Thanks for all the support and advice.

Loosing too much weight..... up the calories a tad because you could be like me....borderline losing...if there is such a thing. Just some candy at Easter held my weight. So, an extra glass of juice or some extra fruit will solve my problem.

Edited by GraceUtah

Hi Grace, I would suggest a slight unfill so you can eat maybe a few more calories a day to maintain. Usuall you gain a couple lbs then stabilize. I would just watch the scale closely. Good job getting to goal.

I would talk to your nut...my nut told me that when i get to the maintaining stage to drop Protein a little. in one small chicken breast there is 40 grams of protein. We normally over do protein in a normal diet as Americans. So maybe really look at where your calories are coming from and adjust from there?

I'd skip the Mt Dews (is it the caffeine & sugar that helps your Migraines? ).

I agree w/p3photogal -- can you do a week or two of logging everything on FitDay or a similar site that will give you a breakdown of your nutrition? For example, I just checked my nutritional breakdown this week and I see I'm low on both Calcium and Iron. I've been lower on cals than my doc wants me to be, so my goal this week will be to add in another serving of milk each day. That will bring both my calories and Calcium up to where they should be.

Congratulations on being at goal. You must feel so proud of your accomplishment!!

Personally, I would slip in a few more calories....maybe an ice cream cone once in awhile. (I'm an ice cream freak)

Five Mt. Dews? There is not one oz. of any nutrients in that. Are you eating any healthly food? chicken, tuna, salad? If yes, can you add a little carb in the form of whole wheat bread or a yogurt for more Calcium or even a small bowl of Cereal with skim milk?

What difference what size we are, if we're not healthy? If you can;t eat healthy food then I would get a slight unfill. You can always go back for more fill, if you gain more than 3 pounds. One or two pounds is not a big deal.

So, how do you FEEL? Do you feel good? Are you comfortable? Wearing clothes you want to wear?

Have someone take a few pictures of you from the neck down. Then take a look at them and see what you're first reaction is. Maybe even put them away and go back to them after a week or so. The idea is kind of like seeing your reflection in a window or a mirror and wondering who that (__blank__) person is. It's too hard to look into a mirror and see good, bad or ugly. Taking a picture (bad enough but God forbid I catch a reflection of myself in a window!) makes you really SEE yourself as others see you. At least it does for me. Asking people who know and love you doesn't help b/c they are used to fat (sad but true) and anything smaller is great and in some cases, to them, too small.

I'm 5'3" and my ideal goal is 130 mainly b/c of the BMI # but I seriously doubt I'll ever get down to the 120 I weighed at 17! We'll see how I feel once I get down to 140 but not really planning on stopping there. Heck, I'm not even sure I can GET down to 130 but sure as heck am going to try!

Although you're still losing, 1lb a month doesn't seem out of control. I would maybe up your calories some, maybe milk or something but if you're really worried, your best bet would be to talk to your doctor or dietition and see what they say.

Take care and best wishes.

I too think you can tweak your diet to get to a maintenance weight. I do understand the caffeine from the Mt. Dew for migraines---and I get that, that is not your normal intake!

Getting a clear picture of what you are eating is an excellent plan. It might just be that you can make a couple of simple, yet tasty changes, and level out the loss. Switching back to regular milk vs. low fat. Adding back some of the starchier vegetables to dinner once a week or so....have vegetable lasagna with no meat for dinner one night, lower the Protein in the meal and up the carbs. Not all day, every day, just adjust a bit here and there to re balance your diet.

Do you feel in control of your diet and exercise program? There are bandsters (Chickie comes to mind first) that made it to goal, and had complete unfills, and maintain--with what they have been able to learn with the band as a teacher.

Let us know how you do watching the diet....sometimes we become so used to cutting calories, that we continue it---and in your case it sounds like you might want to look at where you are cutting them, and add a few back in, in a healthy manner.

Congratulations on reaching goal and beyond----good job!

Kat

personally, i'd love to be a size 4/6. i've seen several ladies on here that size (or lower even) and they look simply amazing.

i'd ditch the mt. dews and have something of substance. there are Protein shakes out there with caffeine (muscle milk mocha joe for one).

You could perhaps supplement with some healthy fat containing Snacks that are easy to eat. Like add an avocado a day - healthy, good for your heart but an easy, mushy way to add calories. Protein shakes if you like them etc. All the normal principles for people who find it hard to gain due to small appetites. If that doesnt work, then obviously an unfill is the answer.

Do you need to examine your reasons for why you find less than size 6 attractive? Because I actually bought an Australian size 10 skirt the other day, which is about a US six and it fits (huge sizing, lol) but I'm FAR from skinny, emaciated or skeletal - and I'm 5ft 10!! You can see from my avatar that I still have normal levels of body fat. What is it that disturbs you so much about being what is a very normal, and not exceedingly tiny size, for a five foot 4 woman?

Of course, you should be whatever size you darn well like, but I just find it odd that so many previously heavy people seem to have this intense fear of actually being normal weight and size, or of simply accepting where their bodies decide their natural size lies. I'm musing here and not applying this to you by any means, but the amateur psychologist in me makes me think about such themes as people becoming overweight to give themselves "substance" and fearing shrinking away to nothing, lol, *ducks for cover*.

Edited by Jachut

You could perhaps supplement with some healthy fat containing Snacks that are easy to eat. Like add an avocado a day - healthy, good for your heart but an easy, mushy way to add calories. Protein shakes if you like them etc. All the normal principles for people who find it hard to gain due to small appetites. If that doesnt work, then obviously an unfill is the answer.

Do you need to examine your reasons for why you find less than size 6 attractive? Because I actually bought an Australian size 10 skirt the other day, which is about a US six and it fits (huge sizing, lol) but I'm FAR from skinny, emaciated or skeletal - and I'm 5ft 10!! You can see from my avatar that I still have normal levels of body fat. What is it that disturbs you so much about being what is a very normal, and not exceedingly tiny size, for a five foot 4 woman?

Of course, you should be whatever size you darn well like, but I just find it odd that so many previously heavy people seem to have this intense fear of actually being normal weight and size, or of simply accepting where their bodies decide their natural size lies. I'm musing here and not applying this to you by any means, but the amateur psychologist in me makes me think about such themes as people becoming overweight to give themselves "substance" and fearing shrinking away to nothing, lol, *ducks for cover*.

Thank you. I was trying really hard to find the right words to say exactly this.

Thanks Jachut. You said exactly what I wanted to say, but with much much less brash. I was truly offended and didn't want to post through it!