Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hope this question isn't too personal. I saw your pics and they are great. Did your insurance pay for your Tummy Tuck? How much did it cost?

Joy

I am trying to find the pictures you are looking at. Can you point me in the direction?

Thanks so much for your thoughts and advice. After giving this the weekend to think over, I'm going to increase my calories. My band tends to be tighter during certain parts of the day so I'm going to eat at other times. And I got that ice cream...orange push-ups. Had 3 this weekend. I also bought honey buns...but after half of one, it's just too sweet.

And I agree, everyone is different and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And for me, thin isn't attractive. I guess I'm a throwback to Renaissance times when big was beautiful. Actually, most time periods found bigger to be beautiful over pencil thin....and it's only western civilization that finds thin in. I've lived around the world and ...well, there's nothing like western culture! That's for sure.

So, for me, when bones tend to protrude...not pretty. And for me that's a size 6... I can't get any thinner or else my collarbone and knees are going to look funny.

For those men and women who can pull it off to be thinner...more power to them as I just can't do it.

If after a few months I still lose weight, I'm going to call my doc for another slight unfill.

Thanks again!

Thanks so much for your thoughts and advice. After giving this the weekend to think over, I'm going to increase my calories. My band tends to be tighter during certain parts of the day so I'm going to eat at other times. And I got that ice cream...orange push-ups. Had 3 this weekend. I also bought honey buns...but after half of one, it's just too sweet.

And I agree, everyone is different and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And for me, thin isn't attractive. I guess I'm a throwback to Renaissance times when big was beautiful. Actually, most time periods found bigger to be beautiful over pencil thin....and it's only western civilization that finds thin in. I've lived around the world and ...well, there's nothing like western culture! That's for sure.

So, for me, when bones tend to protrude...not pretty. And for me that's a size 6... I can't get any thinner or else my collarbone and knees are going to look funny.

For those men and women who can pull it off to be thinner...more power to them as I just can't do it.

If after a few months I still lose weight, I'm going to call my doc for another slight unfill.

Thanks again!

Yes Grace. We are unattractive because you say so. Because you traveled the world, and know it all, we are unattractive.

:) Good to know.

Yes Grace. We are unattractive because you say so. Because you traveled the world, and know it all, we are unattractive.

:biggrin: Good to know.

Ouch! That seems like an overly defensive comment to me. Grace's post says that some people can be very thin and look good, but SHE can't. Perhaps her frame is larger than yours, whatever the reason, it's her reason.,

Her post was started by her and was about her problem. She doesn't want to be thinner and did not ask for advice on how to be thinner or why she should not want to be thinner. But when she responds to people that ask her to examine why she doesn't want to be thinner she gets attacked.

I didn't read anything in her comment that attacked you, so I wonder if your comment is really coming from another place, that perhaps you are hearing from people in your life that you are too thin.

Now please don't start to attack me either, I'm just don't see where your comment came from.

You can be any weight you want to be. Does not matter to me at all. I am just confused as to why a thread about losing too much weight, ends up with responses that sound so confrontational.

:biggrin: Good to know.

You've totally lost me. I've never seen you, I'm talking about me....what I like. For sure you don't think everyone finds the same things attractive or unattractive?

And please don't say you are unattractive, I'm certain you have beauty, everyone does.

Edited by GraceUtah

Hey, shortgal....you are a smart one. Are you really Dr. Phil in disguise?

I didn't take offense to it as I'm not easily offended...but I must have offended someone. And that for sure, I hate to do.

Been on the forum a while and have seen many times where a post goes off into another area... someone mis-reads, or the writer didn't clarify.

I did take a peak at her link and she is thin... and I think me saying that I didn't want to be one w/ bones...I saw her and she does have that look.

It's so exciting for her, though. She's come a long way. So, Chickie, you have done a great job. Sorry we don't think alike and I offended you. You take care of yourself!

Thanks again for the advice everyone, I gained a pound off 1 ice cream and 3 tootsie rolls. So I must be borderline maintaining my weight....so I'll up the calories a tad...maybe more fruit and fruit juices.

Grace: Looks like you found a solution to the problem you were trying to solve.

Nope, no amateur Dr. Phil here and didn't want to start trouble, just didn't understand what I perceived to be an attack at what you said, since it seemed obvious to me you were not directing your comments to Chickie. The comments you made were about you and how YOU want to look.

Overly defensive in my opinion and too thin for my taste as well, but she does not have to please me or you or anyone but her. Same as us. I'm sure she'll think I'm still too fat when I reach my goal, and honestly I will be, but it's my choice, as it's yours.

If the world was all made up of identical size people, it would be pretty boring.

Overly defensive in my opinion and too thin for my taste as well, but she does not have to please me or you or anyone but her. Same as us. I'm sure she'll think I'm still too fat when I reach my goal, and honestly I will be, but it's my choice, as it's yours.

If the world was all made up of identical size people, it would be pretty boring.

See, this is the sort of bullshit that bothers me. I honestly don't give a fuck what shape or size YOU are. You could be square for all I care. But start talking smack about how think people are unattractive, you are going to touch a nerve with a few people around here, not just me.

Yes she may have been talking about herself, but when it was worded so poorly, and painted such a broad generalization, it's hard not to touch the nerves of a few people who are a size six or under.

I did not attach Grace, how the hell you got an attack from what I said, I have no idea. Sarcasm absolutely! And attack, nope. So go analyze someone else please.

And yes, you and all the other people who don't wantto be a healthy weight should look into why you have such a fear of being a normal, healthy size. It isn't healthy to want to be overweight.

And Grace, Good for me but I do have "That look"?

I hope eating tootsie rolls and icecream works out real well for you my dear.

Wow, chickie, bless your heart. You must be having a tough time of things.

I feel you misread my post and you are taking things I said about me...and applying them to you. Perhaps you should not have posted anything to my request for advice.

Take care of yourself and yes, having Easter candy at Easter will most definitely work for me.

The lapband is a way of life, doesn't restrict or forbid foods. Make wise choices and the weight will come off.

But that doesn't mean you can't eat chocolate at Valentines or candy at Easter, or even alot for Thanksgiving.

food should be enjoyed, just like every aspect of someone's life.

Grace, I have to tell you that I'm not feeling your pain. I feel that I'm working like a dog and not losing much weight. Are you exercising?? maybe this is just a really good weight for your body and you just never knew it. I would skip the Mountain Dews. Tsk Tsk. They are probably filling you up and not adding nutrients

I think what we all need to remember is that most of us have a warped sense of self image. And just because I think I am fat, doesn't mean I look at you and think "what a pig". Because it's not about you, it's about me. I think everyone looks great except myself, at any size.

At size 18 I could carry on about how fat and disgusting I am, and I would undoubtedly offend some other size 18 who assumed I was also saying I felt they were fat and disgusting. However, that's not true at all. I think they are beautiful, it's myself I have the problem with.

See, I honestly don't give a fuck what shape or size YOU are. You could be square for all I care.

And yes, you and all the other people who don't wantto be a healthy weight should look into why you have such a fear of being a normal, healthy size. It isn't healthy to want to be overweight.

See this is the problem "you and all the other people who don't want to be a healthy weight". You and some stupid chart don't get to tell "me and all the other people" what normal is.

You like the low end of normal on the chart (good for you), someone else likes the high end of normal on the chart (good for them). You once weighed almost three hundred pounds, so please don't preach to other people about their ideal healthy weight.

Personally, I think you have addiction transfer and have switched your food addiction to exercise addiction. Like most addicts you don't understand how everyone can not also enjoy "your drug of choice"

Sorry, just can't help analyzing again.

I will not post again on this thread. I have said all I want to say and Grace has, for now, a solution to the problem that she asked advice about.

I agree that ice cream and tootsie rolls may not be the healthiest choices but it's her choice, of the many suggestions, to the question she posed.

Grace, I have to tell you that I'm not feeling your pain. I feel that I'm working like a dog and not losing much weight. Are you exercising?? maybe this is just a really good weight for your body and you just never knew it. I would skip the Mountain Dews. Tsk Tsk. They are probably filling you up and not adding nutrients

Hi, thanks for your input. Everyone is different and the band will work for us differently as well. Hang in there. You are doing fine.

No, I don't exercise. The band for me was a tool to help me with my food issue. I used to binge eat and overeat daily. Destructive, of course. The band is helping me get a grip on my relationship with food...but this is a life long thing.

I so wish I didn't have Migraines. But when they come there's nothing like a BC powder and Cocacola. I just use Mt. Dew. I use it medicinally, not for fun. I drink orange koolaid (sf) most of the time and now am switching to juices for the extra calories.

I think what we all need to remember is that most of us have a warped sense of self image. And just because I think I am fat, doesn't mean I look at you and think "what a pig". Because it's not about you, it's about me. I think everyone looks great except myself, at any size.

At size 18 I could carry on about how fat and disgusting I am, and I would undoubtedly offend some other size 18 who assumed I was also saying I felt they were fat and disgusting. However, that's not true at all. I think they are beautiful, it's myself I have the problem with.

Wow, Angie...you are doing great! You are so right! It's what you think of yourself...that's what matters.

Keep us posted on your progress...you'll be at goal in no time it seems.