Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Im living in Rome right now. I start a new job in a couple of weeks so Im waiting on my house in Jacksonville to sell so I can get my own place near marietta or somewhere.

Im going to try my best to make it...

We used to have a dear friend in Rome but he has since died from cancer. Hubby is from Warner Robins, which is more South of Atlanta. Hope you enjoy Georgia. It really has some beautiful areas and you are so close to a lot of fun type things to do and go too.

NOVEMBER 20, 2010----Saturday Support Meeting

Please come if you can! Come early if you can volunteer to help Veronica....she needs some help.

Hello Everyone, I haven't been online in a long while. I am doing great. I only have 36 more pounds to go before I am at goal weight. I had a slow start and just couldn't get the pounds to come off. Went in for a fill in Sept. and I guess I finally hit my sweetspot b/c since then the pounds are shedding. I am gonna have to start back coming to support group. I am in nursing school and my weekends are dedicated to studying but I miss you guys and will have to come soon.

HI Y'all...

Thanks for your fill levels..I go to Dr. Schmitt's for a fill next week...I believe 6cc's is just too low for me..i can eat house..well, maybe not the house, but the backyard shed for sure! I also hate this chat thread is going down...I get so much from reading everyone's post..I hope we can get it active again...TIANA, what is your fill level? Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and wish me luck on my fill...I hope it will get me to my sweet spot..after almost 20 months post op and only 60 pounds, I need something to work!

Hey Bandofhope if I am not mistaking I think Lisa told me I am at 7.75 or 8.25 its one or the other. That is how I was. I couldn't get it to come off for nothing. After my last fill though it started coming off so I think you just haven't got to that sweetspot. You will get there though. Good Luck on your fill.

I really liked the plastic surgeon that was at yesterday's meeting. Now to lose the 60 more pounds I wanna lose them maybe get that last roll removed will be WONDERFUL!!!! I have lost 98 so far but still not the size I wanna be. I don't really have a goal weight, I just know the size I wanna be.

I am gonna have to get back on the exercise wagon!!! I am gonna try the Zumba thing with my friend Julie soon! If only this sinus mess would go far away....

Anyway I wish this thread would pick back up...

What happened to this thread it is dead!! Did everybody get to goal and decide they no longder needed support??? Anyhow im dont talkng about getting ps so ive decided to start with my arms.....any recommendations? I WANT THE BEST SURGEON!!!

Well, it not completely dead. I'm still here sometimes. I stopped posting for awhile because no one was here. Can't help you on someone to do your arms but I did like Dr Cohn that came to talk in January. I was impressed with his information.

Veronica is thinking of combining the gastric & lap-band groups together. The lap-band group is almost dead. We had 8 members there this past Saturday and it's been that way most of this year so far. She works hard to keep it going and people don't come. I told her it's like church......you can announce the meeting time but it's up to the individual to decide on their priorities. She said a lot of the lapband patients are now coming back in to have the gastric by-pass done because insurance is paying for it and they want to lose faster. Go figure!

What happened to this thread it is dead!! Did everybody get to goal and decide they no longder needed support??? Anyhow im dont talkng about getting ps so ive decided to start with my arms.....any recommendations? I WANT THE BEST SURGEON!!!

I have been living in ga but am looking forward to being back in bama soon so i can start coming back. I too have thought about doing bypass im stuck cant lose anymore. The band took me far but i wish i had bypass i think it would have taken me furthee

I forgot you are in Georgia! I can't have the by-pass according to Dr Miles, my family doctor and my pulmonary physician. I'm 69 yrs old, a long-term history of asthma and long-term history of low blood count. They won't sign off on it for me. However, I am happy with my band. I've lost 95 lbs total (need to update banner) and have50 more to go. I think I can do it...at least I'm still trying. Time will tell the story but so far my health situation has turned around for the better and that's a great thing! No more C-pap, no more 19 pills a day. I take one synthroid and my inhaler daily. that's it!

Take care and if you move back to Alabama, please come to group.

I have been living in ga but am looking forward to being back in bama soon so i can start coming back. I too have thought about doing bypass im stuck cant lose anymore. The band took me far but i wish i had bypass i think it would have taken me furthee

You're doing great on your weight loss keep up the fabulous work!!!!

Thanks. I do get down about it sometimes because it is not moving at all right now. I have been at the same place for several months now. At least I'm not gaining!!!!!

You're doing great on your weight loss keep up the fabulous work!!!!