Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

So what if it is easier to keep weight down with a gastric band?... are we to suffer and strugle just because we are taking control of our lives after years of defeat? I am waiting for my turn at surgery,but, if I thought it was going to be HARDER with the band to get this weight off I have been carrying around for the past 40 years, then I wouldn't do it. No one says that people struggling to breathe with heart problems are taking the easier way out when they have a pacemaker implanted. I can't see myself appologizing to people after my surgery for being brave enough to help myself with the new weight loss technologies available on the market. I do understand what you are saying, because I have heard the same comments as well. .. that's the main reason I have chosen not to tell people I am getting this surgery before I have it done- afterwards, I don't care who knows. I simply don't want to hear the reasons from folks for not getting it while I am anxiously waiting on my surgery. Let's all try to stay strong and be proud of ourselves for realizing we need help from this wonderful new tool that can help us control our weight! :thumbup:

So what if it is easier to keep weight down with a gastric band?... are we to suffer and strugle just because we are taking control of our lives after years of defeat? I am waiting for my turn at surgery,but, if I thought it was going to be HARDER with the band to get this weight off I have been carrying around for the past 40 years, then I wouldn't do it. No one says that people struggling to breathe with heart problems are taking the easier way out when they have a pacemaker implanted. I can't see myself appologizing to people after my surgery for being brave enough to help myself with the new weight loss technologies available on the market. I do understand what you are saying, because I have heard the same comments as well. .. that's the main reason I have chosen not to tell people I am getting this surgery before I have it done- afterwards, I don't care who knows. I simply don't want to hear the reasons from folks for not getting it while I am anxiously waiting on my surgery. Let's all try to stay strong and be proud of ourselves for realizing we need help from this wonderful new tool that can help us control our weight! :thumbup:

:):thumbup::):thumbup::):hurray::hurray::hurray:Well said!

Definately not easy. The only easy part is sticking to it for me, cuz there is no going back...LOL! I can't help but think about what I eat every time I put a fork near my mouth.

You know I have noticed that since Oprah has come out with her struggle again. More people are talking about weight issues. I think that is good. People are afraid to talk about it any more and that is good.

I hate that about your house Kani, at least its still under warranty. Last year we had a new roof put on and I am sooo glad, cuz we had several leaks! And if it didn't leak this month then it was definately put through the test! I did see a glimpse of sunlight a few minutes ago (I might have to get my sunglasses).

Hope everyone has a great day!

Shawna

Well, after it took a week to catch up on all the posts, I finally have a minute to post myself! For the weeks leading up to Christmas, we were working 12 hours a day and then collapsing when we got home. Then, we left Christmas morning for Disney World and got home New Year's Day. Now, we're playing catch up! I sure hope you all had a wonderful holiday, we sure did. I only gained two pounds between Thanksgiving and now, so I feel like I did pretty good (considering what I ate and drank over that period). Of course, I didn't lose anything in that period either, but it's nice to know that I can have an annual binge. As long as I keep those portions small and walk at Disney five miles a day! Exercise this time of year is the hardest for me. I need to get back on my Wii Fit.

So, is the next meeting the 17th? It's been so long, I've forgotten which week they are. And 10:00? I have no obligations on Saturdays for a long time.

It's good to be home......

Yeah Di!! It will be great to see you again! Yep the 3rd Saturday and at 10am. I believe those meetings really do help me stay focused, plus I love being around others like myself....LOL!

=)

Make sure that youre drinking plenty of Water as dehydrations can make you tired...how much Protein are you taking in and are you taking your vitamins....not doing all of this can make you tired...plus youre body is having to adjust to just not getting as many calories!! Good luck!!

THANKS for all of the support. Well I really dont think I am getting as much water as I need, I can drink about 25-45 oz a day but not the 64 as required. I do take Vitamins and I am working on getting my protein up to 64 a day.

I think I overate last night while out with friends. I am still feeling full from this, but no reflux or anything else. Did you feel the restriction immediately or was it a delayed thing?

I am going to try my best and make the meeting if I dont have to work and I look forward to meeting many of you.:thumbs_up:

well, I got my fill on the 5th and that day I posted on here about how I felt blah but since then I had been doing great...I could notice a difference when eat definitely but I was very careful....well that was until YESTERDAY! OMG-I have never been so sick! My friends wanted to go eat Japanese for lunch and I always get a small salad and 4 pieces of suishi (since being banded) and usually eat 1/2 salad and my sushi ( i cut my sushi real small and generally dont have any probs)...well apparently I need to stay away from salad for a while bc I didnt even get to eat my sushi....I was sick ALL day. I got sick 3 times at the rest, once in my car ( I carry emergency supplies) and then 4 more times at home....I couldnt believe it. I even slept on 2 big pillows last night bc I was afraid lying flat would make it worse. LUCKILY I woke up this morning and I am better. I noticed just drinking hot tea that it was struggling to go down. Looks like liquids for me for a few days. I really hope this fill hits the sweet spot cuz I dont wanna do this anymore..nor do I wanna have to have an unfill.

Oh I wont be at the meeting sat. so you all have a great time!!

I thought you weren't suppose to have lettuce with the band? I need to read up on my book more.. but I have stayed away from salad...

I am looking forward to the meeting on Saturday since I missed the last one due to a Christmas function. Do any of you guys get up and talk about your weight loss at the meetings? I didn't last time b/c it was right after I had had the surgery....

Anyway maybe I can meet some of yall at the meeting on Saturday.

I am doing good esp I have had a few episodes with drinking too soon after eating and it hasn't been nice!!!

I thought you weren't suppose to have lettuce with the band? I need to read up on my book more.. but I have stayed away from salad...

!

I was told by my doc (I was banded in anniston) that a lot of ppl have trouble with certain foods like lettuce for example but everyone was different so to feel free to try the foods and see what works and doesnt work for me...since I had never had trouble with lettuce until now I would have a small salad from time to time...but I guess not anymore...Its all good though! But like I hear a lot of ppl say they cant eat shrimp...I have no prob with that but then again I havent tried it since this last fill so that may be off limits now too!

Wow Kani! Just saw your ticker had moved!! Great JOB!!!

You know I made a cool observation last night while watching "The Biggest Loser" - For the first time since that show came on - I weigh less than ALL of the contestants!! =)

Hope everyone is doing well! Look forward to seeing ya'll on Saturday!

Hi Guys!

It took me a little bit to catch up on all of the posts!

Well ~ I went yesterday for my 2nd fill and Lisa only gave me .5 CC - and I could tell right away a difference. For the past couple of weeks I have been wanting to eat everything in sight! I was stuck at one certain weight, but after my fill - I think that is going to change. I weighted this morning and for the first time in 3 weeks it was not the same! WOO HOO!!!

I told a co-worker this morning that it was really funny. I got really hungry last night, and before I thought about it I grabbed a small chicken nugget I had left over from Chick Fil A. I only ate 1/2 of it and I was full. She couldn't believe it. But of course 3 hours later, I was hungry again - so I drank a shake.< /p>

I am really starting to enjoy things now. That might sound funny ~ but I am looking at life differently. I have caught myself holding my head up high, talking to folks I don't know, and even being nice to my husband. :rolleyes: -- He has noticed that I have even been more confident in myself.

I hope you guys are doing good....I am going to try to come to the meeting Saturday, but my parents are coming up to cut fire wood. Looks like I'm going to be doing some manual labor this weekend. If anyone needs fire wood, let me know. When they cleaned off our lot, they pushed all the trees to the back and we have PLENTY!!

Have a great week ya'll!! :tt2:

HAHA, thanks Shawna its the first time that things has moved in a long time...and its going down everyday...since this last fill its been GREAT!! I think it might be a little much though...but Im gonna hang tight for now and see how it goes. I'll miss you all sat. hope the meeting goes well. I'll be thinking about you all while Im having to WORK FOR FREE!!!! :sneaky:

What happened to jason????????????

What happened to jason????????????

I haven't seen him on much lately... JASON!! WHERE ARE YOUUU???? :thumbup:

This is my support group away from support group, I can't stay away for long. I may not be posting, but I am reading.... :thumbup:

Well I talked to him today but forgot to ask him why he wasnt on here lately.......busy bee I guess