Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Hey Yall,

Nice to read all the talk posted recently.

Jason--keep it up, You are doing great.:cursing:

Yesterday, I went and had the staples removed, no pain just a slight pinch. i am wondering if anyone has nagging pain-sensation where the port area is. I do not know if it is gas or what but it is bothersome. ANY suggestions?

I met a few folks yesterday at the office and urged them to get online and meet with this fine group of folks in our thread.

Hey Yall,

Nice to read all the talk posted recently.

Jason--keep it up, You are doing great.:cursing:

Yesterday, I went and had the staples removed, no pain just a slight pinch. i am wondering if anyone has nagging pain-sensation where the port area is. I do not know if it is gas or what but it is bothersome. ANY suggestions?

I met a few folks yesterday at the office and urged them to get online and meet with this fine group of folks in our thread.

I am still having some issues with my port area. Sometimes when I get up off the couch, I can feel it pull a little bit and sometimes it burns. I just rub it a little bit and it goes away.

Great to see you are doing so well!

I am still having some issues with my port area. Sometimes when I get up off the couch, I can feel it pull a little bit and sometimes it burns. I just rub it a little bit and it goes away.

Great to see you are doing so well!

Glad to see I am not the only one,

Thanks, I am trying to do everything I was told to do, but this is a little bit annoying.

Hope your day was GREAT!:cursing:

Yall my port site is still hurting at times also, so yall aren't alone. I wonder how long it will be tender?

I am ready for the mushies stage that is for sure, bout had all I can take of cream o chick with no chick.. lol

I remember my port being tender for a couple of weeks at least. Its like if I would stretch or something I could feel it pulling and it was just totally uncomfortable that all goes away! The only thing I have now is when I lay on my left side i feel something rubbing...its like my tubing is rubing on my ribs or something...it is the strangest feeling.

That sounds painful in a way Kaninag ~ but I know what you mean. I sleep on my left side and when I get out of bed in the mornings, my port area is numb. That is a strange feeling I tell ya.

debbut, i will have to say i didn't feel anyway different until i got some new clothes and had to go down 2 size in shirts and 2 sizes in pants. bow i can look in the mirror and see a new me already. i feel like im more outgoing person now. and i hope i keep feeling that way as i lose more weight. and don't worry debbut you will feel like a new woman when you start losing the weight and know its not coming back this time.

Thanks Jason, I was kicking myself yesterday for letting my weight define who I am and keeping me from taking advantage of a wonderful opportunity. I just can't wait to have this surgery. I've begun to have problems with my hip joints and I know it's because of the weight. I just can't wait to feel better physically and mentally.

This is such a great support website and it's nice to be a part of a group of people who are in Alabama.

Ford--I actually live in nectar. Are you around Trafford?

Deb

Hey gang! Gosh I skip a few days and it takes a while to catch up lol.. That's great! I see the thread is growing and that's awesome! Glad to hear that those recently banded are doing so well. Those first few days were ROUGH for me! I walked every 2 hrs and slept in the recliner for about 4 nights.. Looking back I guess it was more of a bad soreness than pain but at the time.. I thought .. "someone lied" lol.

My weight is STILL at a stand still. uUGGHH I did go today for a fill. First time in a couple of months. After listening to my daily routine, Lisa didn't think I needed an adjustment but after driving 2 hrs., I was like.. yea give me a little one. Stress has been an overload for me lately and exercise hasnt been in the routine at all. I know that's my problem and with the PCOS, I MUST workout to loose. I purchased some Vitamins today and hope they help too. I haven't been taking any.

Shawna -Did you get Neomi's email? I've got it if u still need it.

Everyone keep up the good work. I look forward to posting great results as I begin working out again!

Hey gang! Gosh I skip a few days and it takes a while to catch up lol.. That's great! I see the thread is growing and that's awesome! Glad to hear that those recently banded are doing so well. Those first few days were ROUGH for me! I walked every 2 hrs and slept in the recliner for about 4 nights.. Looking back I guess it was more of a bad soreness than pain but at the time.. I thought .. "someone lied" lol.

My weight is STILL at a stand still. uUGGHH I did go today for a fill. First time in a couple of months. After listening to my daily routine, Lisa didn't think I needed an adjustment but after driving 2 hrs., I was like.. yea give me a little one. Stress has been an overload for me lately and exercise hasnt been in the routine at all. I know that's my problem and with the PCOS, I MUST workout to loose. I purchased some Vitamins today and hope they help too. I haven't been taking any.

Shawna -Did you get Neomi's email? I've got it if u still need it.

Everyone keep up the good work. I look forward to posting great results as I begin working out again!

I know what you mean about weight being at a standstill....it seems like I havent lost in FOREVER but I barely get 1000- 1100 calories per day but I dont work out that much...I dont have time...yeah I hear jason saying make time...lol

But honestly right now between finals at school, my job and trying to find a new job I really have no time....it sux:confused_smile: I gotta get on track....I love my Wii...its great when I get to use it!

I got my 2nd fill Wednesday. I got 2 cc. I now have 5 cc in my 9 cc band. I can feel a difference when I eat but I dont know if its restriction. We shall see ...

Yall my port site is still hurting at times also, so yall aren't alone. I wonder how long it will be tender?

I am ready for the mushies stage that is for sure, bout had all I can take of cream o chick with no chick.. lol

I hear ya!! I too am ready for the mushies. I have taken a few bites of creamed potatoes really smooth and tolerated this great and this made my tummy stop growling. Its been so embarassing at work to hear it rumble. Has anyone else had this problem?

I hear ya!! I too am ready for the mushies. I have taken a few bites of creamed potatoes really smooth and tolerated this great and this made my tummy stop growling. Its been so embarassing at work to hear it rumble. Has anyone else had this problem?

I had my surgery on Oct 27 and by that Friday the 31st I was eating pickled okra and mashed potatoes! LOL...I was getting so hungry that by the time I realized I was actually hungry, I was getting sick. So, needless to say I have been eating solids since then. I have tried rice (no problem) toast (no problem) and flat bread (no problem). I know though once I get my first fill I will have to go back to liquids and mushies for a couple of days...but I can't wait! :)

Ford--I actually live in nectar. Are you around Trafford?

Deb

I live in Remlap - just over the Blount County line on 79. Not that far. We will have to meet up sometime!

=)

Shawna

I live in Remlap - just over the Blount County line on 79. Not that far. We will have to meet up sometime!

=)

Shawna

I know where that is! I go through there when I go to B'ham. :drool:

Deb

Edited by debbut

=)

Shawna

I grew up just down the road from you, my parents still live out there. If you are coming from Pinson to Remlap they live on Wilson Rd, just past Massyline Church and over the bridge. I live in Clay so still not far from you guys...