Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food log challenge, anyone?

Okay, back to the topic today - I'm jumping off the therapy couch - thanks again for the great suggestions yesterday!

I logged for yesterday and came out around 1200 calories, so I still want to trim things back a bit but I'm getting closer, at least!

How is everyone else doing?

I logged in today with 940. I need to do better. I had a bit of wine yesterday for my birthday which made me feel a bit under the weather today. I will do my 1000 tomorrow!!!

Hi Pizzi,

I didn't log today at all :lol:. I kind of gave up. Tell me how bad this is...I have the sister in law from hell who lives by me. She has seen me walking and started doing the same. Now it is negative competition. No matter what you say she has done it too or more. She stopped by today and boy has she lost a lot. We have known each other since 1st grade and I am now 46. When will I grow up and get over it???? I didn't sabotage myself which is good but geez, I need to stop letting her rent space in my head. Sorry about being so petty...just need to vent!!!!

Jody - So I think you should take it this way...You are somewhat responsible for helping her get healthy and lose the weight. Obviously it was you walking that got her started so without YOU she would still be fat. I mean now you can take credit for your weightloss and part of hers too! Just trying to find a glimmer of hope in there. It always is frustrating when people try to out do you!

So I did do my food logging and I am going to post what I ate so that people can see what kinds of foods you can eat when you are eating out all weekend.

Here is what I ate

Friday morning: 2 eggs and 1/2 cup of fruit (Went to a little diner/cafe)

Lunch: 1/4 whole chicken with a little BBQ Sauce, 1/4 cup baked yam, 2 spears of asparagus, 1 bite of biscuit (got kinda stuck!) (Went to Claim Jumper)

Dinner: Shared an appetizer/fondue taster with DH and had a side of sauteed spinach (went to this wonderful German Restaurant)

Saturday Breakfast: A Protein bar (it was WAY too rich and made me sick!)

lunch (Wedding lunch!) We split a make your own Pasta bowl but I took the shrimp, mushrooms and artichokes with about 6 noodles while DH ate the rest.

Dinner: chicken fried steak and potatoes.

Eating out can be VERY difficult, but I luck out in the DH and I split everything. We just need to remember to have them not split it in the kitchen. We end up with WAY too much food then and they serve it too me on too big of a plate. Here is a tip though. Often times if you go to a place like Chili's or Applebees or something like that, you can get a side of chicken breast. There is a restaurant in town that we go to and I often will order that, eat some of what DH is having and and 1/2 the chicken breast. We can't be afraid to order stuff that is not on the menu. I find that they will work with you more if you are willing to tell them WHY you need specialty items. I can get most waitresses to serve me the kids menu if I tell them I had lap-band surgery. Though like I said before I am very lucky that DH and I have similar enough tastes that I can just eat with him.

Salsa, I bet you got your calories in this weekend, if you didn't burn them off in "other" mroe celebratory exercise (sorry couldn't resist - hee hee)!

I did my catch up logging this morning for the weekend, and it seems like I'm right around 1200 to 1500 every day. I managed to get an adjustment scheduled for Thursday so that should guarantee a few lbs off this week. Nothing like a few days of Soup and a sore tummy to get you in gear! Gimme ONEderland, baby!!

Salsa, I bet you got your calories in this weekend, if you didn't burn them off in "other" mroe celebratory exercise (sorry couldn't resist - hee hee)!

I did my catch up logging this morning for the weekend, and it seems like I'm right around 1200 to 1500 every day. I managed to get an adjustment scheduled for Thursday so that should guarantee a few lbs off this week. Nothing like a few days of Soup and a sore tummy to get you in gear! Gimme ONEderland, baby!!

You would have thought that I would have gotten my calories in, but I still dropped to pounds to the dissappointment of my nutritionist and DH, but I was doing cartwheels as I made it to my current goal and into the 150s.

Ummm.... so consolations and congratulations?? :-)

I caught up my log for today - around 500 so far...

I am not being the faithful logger!! I have to get this down pat. It has to become a part of my daily tasks. I did log today but so far am not going to hit 1000 cal. I will make around 850. I will have to plan for tomorrow!

LBR, welcome back! Glad to see you're recommitted to the logs. I'm caught up, but still sitting between 1200 and 1600 cals a day, so I need to do the next part - actually think before eating and make better choices!

Most of what I pick is healthy, but I'll have one or two things with too many carbs or too much fat and it puts me over the top.

I'm going for a fill today (probably my last time at the hospital where I had surgery - IF I move this month), so I'm hoping we can crank things down and get it back under control. It won't stop me from making bad choices, but if it makes things uncomfortable for the carbey stuff, it will help! I want to use the liquid phase to get back into the groove too. I've been a tad sore after most fills, so I'm going to strive to stick with the liquids and mushies a bit longer to give my tummy a break and adjust to the fill before getting more adventurous. Maybe it will break some of the old habits creeping back in.

We'll see!

Okay... I'm back from my fill and sipping some SF instant Breakfast with skim milk for lunch (cafeteria didn't have any non-lumpy soups). After about 10 minutes of poking around for the right spot on my port (I didn't have my usual doc today) I'm up just over another CC (can't remember if she did 1.2 or 1.4) so I'm somewhere just under 7CCs out of 10. So far it feels good and I'm definitely more restricted! I'll have to pick up some Soup on the way home tonight, unless I get creative and make my own (good way to use up some of the stuff in the cupboard that I can't donate to the food shelf). Hmm... maybe I should!

SO, the new challenge for me this week is to see how long I can happily stay in liquids and kick-start the loss again (been stuck at 205 for a few weeks and being naughtier about food lately). Besides, it will give my tummy a nice long rest after the adjustment since it really likes to swell and get gassy post-fill - I know, nice visual!

Edited by pizzicato66

Holy restriction, batman! I'm really feeling the fill this time! I think most of it is swelling from the adjustment (always takes a few days up to a week for my stomach to stop complaining post-fill), but this is probably the best restriction I've felt in a long time! It's 10:30 am and I've managed to nurse in a travel mug of coffee and just over half my 8 oz light yogurt smoothie. That's a whopping 120 cals so far today. Wowee!

Lesson learned last night - instant mashed potatoes are NOT liquids, no matter how much milk you add. And coolwhip is a BAD idea right after a fill! No pb's or other trouble, but it felt really weird.

So far, I don't think I'll have any trouble being good this weekend. I'd be shocked if I don't get darned close to onederland this week. If I keep this restriction, I'll be there by the end of the month, if not sooner! I'm riding this post-fill restriction for all it's worth!

It really helps me to log in my food. It reminds me of what I am putting in my mouth. It amazes me how different people lose weight. I tend to look at people's amounts and think what am I doing wrong? However, I feel so much better and not having to take blood pressure meds anymore. So even if I have only lost 40 pounds, that is 40 that I didn't gain. This is a maraton, not a race.

How many calories do you all try to stay within? I use the daily plate and it says to lose 2 pounds a week I need to eat 1600 or less. Is this too much?

My Protein Shakes are like 400 calories. My doctor says they are a must. That kinda sucks!^_^

Mary

Ahh.... the Protein shake debate. My doc says no shakes after the initial liquid phase, and even then it was SF instant Breakfast with milk.

Everyone's different, but I find I do best if I keep my calories in the 900-1100 range. The past few months, I've been straying from the standard diet from my doc (3 small Protein meals and 3 glasses of skim milk a day, minimum 56 grams of protein a day) and have been ranging as high as 1700 a day, and I've slowed down, a LOT. Because I just had my fill done yesterday it means my cals are a lot lower because it's just Soup, instant breakfast and sugar-free beverages for me.

Good luck on your path!

Hi all....

I've had excellent restriction since my early March appt. And, since we are going on our cruise in May, the dr did not want to do a fill until we get back. At the moment, I am munching on a Panera small ceasar salad.....probably ate 3 forkfuls so far and I am full! I may let it sit there for a few minutes. I've become so wasteful lately. It is terribly embarrassing. Last night when I mentioned that to my DD, she said "better wasteful than waistful....get it?" Yes, I know...bright girl!!! LOL!!!

Anyway....even with good restriction, my weightloss is slow. I've picked up the walking and moved it to the morning....doing it 5:30-6:30 am. Still doing the curcuit training at the gym 2 nights a week and trading off and on with the bike & walking machine one night a week. So, hope that helps.

Can anyone help me with what I could possibly do with my food intake to move things along quicker.....here's my food diary from Wed & Thurs:

Wednesday April 9, 2008

(drink Special K Protein powder--5 grams--added to my Water all day)

7 am--Chai Latte--Fat Free

9:30 am--1 slice Activa cheese

12:30 pm--1 rice cake, 2 spoonfuls lemon pepper tuna, 1 slice FF cheddar cheese

1 small container Y+ yogurt

3:30 pm--3 orange sections, handful almonds

5:30--Chai latte--Fat Free

7:30--Pot Roast Nacho (small amount of pulverized potroast, cheddar cheese & pinapple salsa on 4 multi-grain tortilla chips--under broiler)

9:00--Child's size portion of DQ vanilla soft serve

Thursday April 10, 2008

(drink Special K Protein powder--5 grams--added to my Water all day)

7 am--Chai Latte--Fat Free

9:30 am--1 slice Activa Cheese

12:30--1/2 Salmon pattie (~3oz), small container Y+ yogurt

3:00--3 orange sections, handful of almonds

6:00--Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup, 1/2 bag Panera potatoe chips

9:30--Fat Free Chai latte

Boy....after I pasted that in there, I realized how boring my days sound!!! Anyway.....any help would be so appreciated. Thanks for keeping this thread alive!!

Judi

I seem to have fallen off the wagon with this! I have been so sick the last 2 days I just laid around. I will start today with posting again