Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So how are the March Banders doing since surgery???

I was banded on Tuesday March 28. I'm having trouble sleeping, could be fear, or the gas is keeping me up. Any suggestions for the gas, and just some encouragement.

I was banded on the 18th. I had a few very restless nights. I wasn't in pain and surprisingly could maneuver in to any sleeping postion, but I just couldn't sleep. I quit trying to fight it and would just get up and have a nice cup of chamomile tea and read a bit....I figured I didn't have anywhere to be for the week, so I'd just sleep when I could.

I napped a bit during the day...but now, a week out...my sleep routine is pretty much back to normal.

This too, shall pass!!

Share with us your surgery date and loses since....

I was banded on 3/19/08 and loss to date is 19 pounds. I haven't weighed myself today. I'm gonna just do a once a week weigh for now on.

Ups? Today I feel is the first up. Today is the first day where other than my sinus infection, my body feels good. No cramps so far, no gas, no pain from stiches. I'm getting those taken out today.

Downs?Getting down my Protein and liquid. It's been very hard to get it down, due to gas, I always feel full. I went to work Monday and Tuesday and felt like crap and my students could tell. So I took off today. Maybe that's why I feel better.

Things we should stock up on? I just tried the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury for the first time and the strawberry pack was great. There is really no real taste and for 8 oz-20g of Protein is great. I've been trying to drink those Isopures, haven't finished one yet. I'm still confused about my Vitamins, so I will ask the doctor about those today.

I was banded yesterday! I'm feeling pretty good - better than I thought I would. The heating pad has been a life saver. I've been drinking the Kashi Go Lean Protein Shakes. They're actually tasty. I'm excited about my new journey.

JD - you are a teacher too?? I was banded on the 18th. I feel pretty good today. Click on your ticker and then put in your passcose and click the "edit" option. Then you should be able to change it. I bougth the whey protien from Sam's and have been mixing it with skim milk, it tastes much better than mixing it with Water. I've only lost about 6 pounds since surgery, but that is 6 pounds!! I'm not going to have any "downs" anymore!! Everything is "UP UP UP" from here on out!

hi

i didnt have trouble sleeping but did have trouble with gas,i found sipping peppermint tea helped me . it will pass honest mine did but can understand what u going though its so painful, stick with it and u will be fine.

:) Hello everyone. Congrats to all the people who have been banded in March. I was banded on March 1st with the new Realize band from Johnson and Johnson. Things are going great since surgery. I had surgery in the morning on March 1st and was walking around the mall Saturday night trying to help the Co2 gas disapate. I am on a pureed diet now. Not bad. I am living on black bean Soup with baked chicken ground up using the Magic Bullet - they are awesome. I have also been using Protein drinks from unjury. It is awesome! I am looking forward to returning to soft foods as of April 1st. I am really looking forward to the first fill. So far I have lost ~30 lbs since the pre-surgery diet. I love this new life style.

Good luck to everyone.

I was banded March 14 and have had no trouble at all, except that I don't feel very restricted. I am eating just soft foods, but have had no problems with anything I have tried.

I have lost about 19 pounds so far.

I am looking forward to getting a fill at the end of April!

Hi everyone! Just discovered this forum today and I love it! Wish I knew about it pre-surgery. Banded 3/25 - down 15.7 lbs since then (no pre-op diet). Start pureed/mushies tomorrow - excited but nervous! Also returning to work tomorrow - nervous about that because I have been EXHAUSTED and don't want to get overwhelmed. Waiting to get my first fill date from my doctor's office.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone!:frown:

I just found this forum today too! I had my surgery on 3/4 and am down 25 pounds to date. Had my first fill last Monday 3 cc. I am not too hungry now. Just getting hungry about an hour before meal time. I will probably get one more fill and call it quits for awhile and see how I do. Good luck everyone!

Hello all, I'm glad to see that everybody is doing weel. I will get my first fill on May 1st and can't wait. I am hungry all the time. not sure if it is a mental thing, but I can eat with no problem at all. I am try to stick to my diet but it is really hard. Does anybody else have itching around the incisions? Mine are driving me crazy! so far down 17 lbs YAAAAHHHH!!!!!

Greetings all. I was banded on March 1st with the J&J Realize Band. Today I saw my surgeon for the 2nd post surgery consult. I have lost 30 lbs - awesome!!! I feel great. I am learning what to eat, how to eat and most importantly how long to take when I am eating it (30/30/30). I will be scheduling my first fill on Monday for sometime within the next 2 weeks. I came to a realization today - you can only measure your success by your own journey and goals. Not by the success or failures of others. Keep up the great work and spirits everyone!

Best regards!!!

My surgery date was March 21st, so today I'm exactly 3 weeks post-op.

I've lost about 20 pounds since i started the pre-op diet. (2 week liquid pre-op)

Ups: Weight-loss, knowing i'm healing, feeling like i've taken charge of my future, no heartburn, no "stuffed" feeling, food seems less important

Downs: shoulder pain and gas pain made worse by the hiatal hernia i had, avoiding lunches at work (easier in mushie phase), got a bad rash near all my insisions (itchy, swollen, red, and mean lookin'), sitting up at work used to hurt, using up lots of vacation to recover.

Things to stock up on: I got Protein shakes but bought WAY more than i needed. In mushies i've survived on cottage cheese, hummus and creamed Soup, but the newest thing i've started doing is pureeing Lean Cuisine meals. They don't look great, but they make me feel like i've had a meal so i don't keep grazing.

I'm not worrying about limiting myself right now but i the scale continues to move in the right direction. I'm a strong believer in "now is the time to heal".

hi all

quick up date i have not lost any weight for nearly three weeks now but have dropped a dress size so not really sure whats going on but i shall keep going its the only way forward now

good luck every one