Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weight stand still

I am so frustrated my scale will not move. In Jan I discovered I had a leak in my port somewhere so I wasnt holding the fill for more then a few days at a time. I think they fixed it (will know forsure in 1.5 weeks) I still feel a restriction. I can understand not having a weight loss during that time. I have had this fill for almost 6 weeks and I play with the same 2-3 pounds. I lose and I gain it back. UGH.

The only thing I can think of is that I started doing machines at this time also but surley I cant have gained that much muscle. I do them 3 times a week but each time is a different section of the body. I also do cardio 4 times a week for a half hour (not including warm up or cool down). I started counting calories and I am usually around 1000-1200.

Any suggestions to get this moving. I set a goal of hitting a 100 pounds by my year annv. I am 10 pounds away and have a little over a month to meet this.

HELP ME!

From experience, I have to say...DUMP the time pressure to lose 10 lbs in less than a month. That will just freak you out and put so much pressure on you that you will be miserable. Instead, have a celebration WHEN you hit 100, regardless of when it happens. OK...I lift all the time. You said you started machines...you are right, you probably are not gaining muscle at the rate of Arnold, but when you lift, your body also hold Fluid because it's supporting the muscles in their time of need! So, it's not all muscle, but it's a reaction to the lifting. It will go away. I'd add another 10-15 mins of cardio per session and/or boost the intensity of your workout. Your body is probably going...Oh I see what she's doing; I'd better CONSERVE all this fat! My body does its own thinking like that from time to time and I could die! HAHHA. Do you need to tweak your diet? Is your body used to eating the same things? Too much fat? Too many carbs in the overall cal count? Just something to think about! You'll move eventually. You might have to cut your cals to 1000 or less for a while and see if that gets you going.

I know this sounds weird, but it worked for me.

I was stuck on a plateau for a week and I was told to eat something "bad" and that will jolt my system to start losing again and sure enough after eating a fajita and three chips I weighed the next day and I lost 3 pounds. Then, On the Biggest Loser the trainer said that once a week the competitors are allowed something "bad" to eat after weigh in and it keeps their bodies from going into starvation mode and quenches thier temptations. So, if you eat good all the time, or undereat, maybe you should have like some pizza rolls or something like that. Obviously this is only a suggestion that worked for me, but it's worth a try.

Thanks for the replies.....I am trying to dump the pressure but it was a goal I set from the begining. I am just going to have to do away with it.

I started to keep a journal of everything I was eating and realized I was eating less then 900 calories a day so that is why I bumped it up. I thought maybe my body thought it was starving. HMMMM

I go for a fill in two weeks. Maybe that will help.