Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stuck at 17 pounds!!!

Hi all, was banded on Feb 26th and have been very good sticking to liquids. Started on mushies a few days ago and my weight loss just stopped. I'm probably eating less than 1000 calories per day. Weight loss has been stuck at 17lbs for the last week.

Now I know I shouldn't be complaining as 17lbs in 2 weeks is great but I'm slightly afraid that this is where I'll stay and I'm not due a fill for another 4 weeks. How can I not be losing weight???? I'm being so good, have good restriction and am eating 3 meals per day plus loads of Water.

I haven't started excercising yet as I'm still a bit sore but I do have more energy and am always up doing something.

Did anyone else get stuck?

LOL all I have to say is read my journal! Link is below. Once I started on mushies everything just stopped for two weeks! Drove me crazy! I was barely eating anything. Suddenly, since a week ago Monday, I have dropped eight pounds! Just like that. So hang in there. I think your body just goes through an adjustment period after being on liquids for so long, and just having surgery and stuff. I can't tell you all the posts I have read of people getting stuck on the scale between two and four weeks out from surgery. It's VERY common and it WILL end!

Yes.. I feel your pain. I'm "stuck" too. I haven't lost any weight in a week. OH, I lost .2 pounds this morning.. that's POINT 2. LOL. My doctor told me yesterday that I'm doing great though and not to expect any more weight loss until my first fill.

I'm right there with you and glad to know I'm not alone. I was on Clear Liquids for a week and dropped 14 lbs. right away. My doctor moved me to mushies and soft foods early and the minute I started on those, I gained 2 lbs back and that is where I've stayed. It is nice to hear this is typical. I have started exercising, so I'm hopeful that will get things moving again.

Thanks all. Good to hear I'm not alone! Have great restriction which I am truly grateful for. Ate mashed potato and swede last night and should have eaten slower as I only had a tiny bowl and was so full 5 minutes after.

Hopefully something kicks off soon and the weight starts coming off again.

I think I belong right here in the "plateau group" with you ladies! Yes, I'm experiencing the same thing ailbhe . . . I'm currently stuck at 22 pounds. Later this week I'm supposed to be starting to introduce some "regular" food, so maybe things will start changing then.

Just keep swimming all! :thumbup:

I'm glad to not be the only one....I was banded 2/25 and was on full liquids for one week then purees/mushies. I lost 8 pounds right off the bat and then have been stuck for a week. It is driving me crazy!!! I get on the scale every morning (no obsession or anything) and it is the same every day. UGH!!! I really am not eating much and certainly very little carbs like I was previously.

Shellie, just give it time, it will come off. One thing I changed up was to make sure I was getting enough calories. I was only doing about 700-800 a day and I bumped that up a couple of hundred. When I did it seemed to shake things up a bit.

Hey ladies.....

Same thing happened to me....My body is still adjusting. I haven't gained...but kept gaining and loosing the same 3-5 lbs after mushies and solids....hang in there.....

I did just as Karen said she did too...I increased my caloric intake by 250 calories....and voila...! I lost like 6 lbs again....

but remember....Doctors say if you loose during this phase ...that is great...good for you!....if you don't it's ok too....this is the healing and your stage of developing a relationship with your band...not a weight loss phase....

Weight loss phase begins ....officially day of first fill....

this info was given to me by my surgeon....not making it up ..I promise..

just keep floating in the deep waters....until first fill....

Some days are tough...and you might need to confess a thing or too...but the important part is to make your new lifestyle banded ways a guideline of your everyday life....

I've been stuck for about a week. I think I've actually been not eating enough. My body tends to hold on if I dip below 1000 calories a day. So, as crazy as it sounds, you might not be eating ENOUGH!

Just keep the faith, it will come! Right now your body is going "WHOA WHAT THE HELL!". Once it makes sense of the surgery and the new eating habits, it will start to let go :smile:

So, my friend told me yesterday morning that I needed to eat something "bad" because my body has gone into starvation mode.. that I'm just not eating enough calories and "bad stuff" I guess. So, yesterday for lunch I had one fajita and three chips. And guess what... this morning I lost 3 pounds!!! I finally got off the week long plateau of not losing anything and I feel so much better. Then today I can get back on my regular diet plan of eggs, tuna, soups...ooh, maybe I'll try a banana!!

I haven't been counting calories but at a guess I would say I am averaging about 600-800 calories per day so I think I'll increase that. Maybe have a glass or two of vino and some ice cream! :huh2:

LOL, or maybe some more Protein or veggies! :cool2:

I can tell right now I'm gonna have to be cracking the whip with all you ladies!! How am I gonna depend on you guys during my weak moments when you are all out there eating ice cream!!!!! :huh2: I'll be asking you to pass me the bowl!

LOL, or maybe some more Protein or veggies! :tongue2:

I can tell right now I'm gonna have to be cracking the whip with all you ladies!! How am I gonna depend on you guys during my weak moments when you are all out there eating ice cream!!!!! :drool: I'll be asking you to pass me the bowl!

Ladies, try the low cal ice creams from Breyers, and the new 100 Calorie Klondike Bar... Soooo goood!!!