Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

List your lapband confessions here.

Yesterday I had an icecream sandwich. And I tried to get a dipped cone from dairy queen but they were out of icecream thank god.

Maybe that next fill tskelli will hit that sweet spot

Night before last I ate a "Love It" size ice cream from Cold Stone. I fully intended to only eat half and save the rest for another day but..... Damn delicious stuff. I feel horrible about it too. At least it wasn't the large which is what I would have done in the past. Did much better yesterday and intending on an even better day today.

Oh, mmmmmm....

Coldstone

Gotta just put that outta my mind!

And I tried to get a dipped cone from dairy queen but they were out of icecream thank god.

Dairy Queen was OUT OF ICE CREAM?? That is crazy talk! :) Oh yea - that was a sign from God.

Dairy Queen was OUT OF ICE CREAM?? That is crazy talk! :) Oh yea - that was a sign from God.

yeah they even had a sign on their menu that read

We Is OUT of Icecream

yeah they even had a sign on their menu that read

We Is OUT of Icecream

:glare: heh, another good one for the "words that annoy you" thread. Don't get me started...

I ate too many carbs yesterday...I really have to get out of my mood since gaining the 5 pounds that I thought I would lose because of TOM..wrong..they stayed:(

I ate too many carbs yesterday...I really have to get out of my mood since gaining the 5 pounds that I thought I would lose because of TOM..wrong..they stayed:(

I'm right there with you B2ce, I've been carbing out lately too. I gained a few, but have been hovering the last few days. I have to get out of my funk... I just want to eat them so bad! I'm not a carb hater by any means, but I know too many will surely pack on the pounds or keep you from losing.

I have TOM coming by next week. I know it's a losing battle with that so I'm going to take it one day at a time and hopefully I won't blow it too much.

I haven't wanted to do my workouts either. I do them, but I know I'm not giving it 110% like I should either. :thumbs_down:

I have been carbing out as well. It is a viscous cycle. Eat carbs, don't feel like exercising, feel guilty, eat more carbs, still don't feel like exercising........ I am getting a fill today and picking myself back up!! Aren't we glad this doesn't have to be a perfect journey.

It's obvious that we have had lap band surgery because of weight problems. This is my 3rd month and still only 24 lbs (YES, I lost the 1 1/2 that I gained plus another 1 lb). My recent doings............eating HEALTHIER because I am fuller with this band!! HELLO?? Finally it's sinking in my head that if I eat healthier, I feel better. SO - I don't think about "what" Im going to eat anymore - I just eat to get full and nourish - so I measure now - and I pick healthy choices. I've made a deal with myself that if, after eating veggies and soft Proteins, I still feel hungry, I can "cheat" but so far, I haven't. The key for me NOW is realizing - there are some things I simply can't have anymore - like Buns or certain breads. And if I start pbing....................the band is full...stop eating!

Lets just pray I keep up this mentality because I sure do feel good when I get off that scale and it's less than before..........it's encouraging to me.

I pray that everyone (including myself) can get to the weight we are comfortable and healthy for us. I have changed my goal weight and now I'm not so "overwhelmed". While I'd love to weigh what the "charts" say I should weigh, I'll be very happy being a little heavier but feeling successful. And who knows, maybe after reaching THAT goal...I may start another.

God bless and lets take care of us!!!

I know that so well Janet!

I also feel so great when I'm eating right and doing the right thing for my body. For some reason though, I just get off track and the cycle begins. I'm slowly starting to get out of it, thank goodness. My surgeon still says I'm losing very fast, and should be proud of my efforts! :thumbup: I am well above the average 1-2 pounds per week. I'm sure the majority of it is because of my exercising.

My fill this afternoon is already helping out. liquids for a day should break the cycle completely. Then next week I'll be travelling for work and I won't be anywhere it would be easy to eat unhealthy food. Yah!

Well ladies, I am in the same boat! I have been eating chips and salsa when I get these hunger pangs and I felt so guilty that I told the old doc that a little fill my help me get over this after work craving I picked up!:biggrin2: He said I was doing real well, but since I was conscious of my downfall he agreed to a tiny fill! :thumbup: Thank goodness!:w00t: He is just the coolest doc and I am very blessed to have him!:biggrin: Rock on Dr. T. :frown:

I am such a nice mom!!! I picked up a package of Reese's Peanut Butter cups for each of my two boys. And since I am almost to my half way point, I thought I would just have one. Then I realized that if I had one, then one boy would have a whole package and one wouldn't. So, in the name of fairness, I ate the other one. And there was no logical explanation to open the other package. In fact, it was open and one was in my mouth before I realized what I had done. So, I had to eat the other one too. Damn kids. They are partially the reason I am in this boat to begin with, now they are like chocolate/peanut butter pushers. I feel bad about eating their candy. I think I am going to run back to the store to get them some ice cream sandwiches. They love those. I think.

Hello Victorious Valentines~

I absolutely suck... seriously. I was banded 2/29 and I have lost a whopping 12 lbs (and that includes the 6 I lost preop). Yep... 6 pounds lost preop and the next 6 came off the first 2 weeks after surgery. By week 3 postop, I felt no different than preop so I just ate like I used to since I had "suffered for 7 weeks. Went in for my first fill 3 weeks preop. Felt full the first day and by day two I cheated and ate normal food instead of liquids. Didn't have a problem with that. Went in 3 weeks later for fill #2... 6.5 cc in a 14 cc band now. I still haven't lost weight and can still eat most anything. For example my favorite lunch is a Jason's deli turkey wrap with steamed veggies. I can eat the entire thing if I go slowly. I have times when I eat steak or chicken and feel like I am gonna die. It is like I can feel it going down bit by bit. I tend to eat less when I eat those types of things. Unfortunately, I can eat chips and salsa with no problem what so ever. This is my weakness... I am addicted! Mexican tostados just go right down. What the heck???

For all that read this site, the head is so hard to change. Mentally, I am no different and I fret about not eating as much and worry about getting really hungry later. I am a wacko for sure.

Now, here is the weird part. My last fill was 3 weeks ago. I feel like I can eat less now than right after my fill. Isn't that backwards. I think I have had a few bouts with sliming. Not really sure. But last night I was at a restaurant and felt like I was going to hurl. Then a bubble came up and the food went down. I was surprised at how full I was and I stayed full. My question to you all is why didn't this happen right after my fill? The feeling full part.

Right now I am out of town with DH at a seminar. Each morning I have ordered spicy turkey tacos for Breakfast. The first day I ate all the filling out of the tacos and I ate the hash browns. The next day I ate all the filling and only half of the hash browns. Today, I could barely get down the filling of one and ate 3 bites of hash browns. This scenario sums up my last three weeks.

Leave it to me to be the weird one of the bunch and for my experience to be exactly opposite. I am scheduled for another fill next week. Do I get it and risk not being able to eat anything. Of course, I am feeling the mental anguish of not being able to eat.

I think I need a 12 step program for food!:frown::wink2::)