Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Voluntary removal?

I was banded last week and although I know that several bandsters have had that feeling of regret, I am having a really hard time with it. I have cried every single day that I've had this band. I don't know what is wrong with me. I really researched this and wanted it sooo bad! But now I feel like I have made a huge mistake. My DH was little less than supportive on my first day and made some comments about how he didn't think I needed this and how he had issues with me having a device inside my body. He has since apologized and has been sooo supportive, but I feel like that messed with my head. And now I'm absolutely miserable. I just feel like I want this out and I want to go back to how I was. What in the hell is wrong with me?

Sweetie, give yourself a little more time to recover. Just the fact that you were put under general anesthesia can mess with your emotions, hormones and brain chemistry. Let that all settle down before you panic and make up your mind you've made a mistake.

I'm six months out, and while I never felt quite as desparate as you sound in your post, I did have some moments of great anxiety. Still do on rare occasion.

But for me (and I have no idea your situation) I have to look at the reality -- at least I am ALIVE to have regrets, or anxiety......and the road I was headed down BEFORE being banded, I didn't have much time left in this world!!! I had to decide which was worse, living with a device and possibly never eating certain foods again. Or being dead before I'm 50 and my grandkids never knowing who their Nana was....?

Not too hard a choice when you think about it.

You're in my prayers!

Thanks, Pam. I knew when I did that post how truly irrational it was. I just came back from seeing my doctor and he thinks that my glucose, electrolytes, etc. were so out of wack that it started affecting my hormone levels. I've been on Clear Liquids for 5 days, so he is moving me to mushies slowly. He told me to have gatorade on the way home and I already feel 100% better. It is weird how it was seriously messing with my head.

allykat I am soooo glad you are doing better. I was told after leaving the hospital on same day of surgery to drink some gatorade g2 in between Protein Shakes because of the electolytes (sorry for spelling) and to help balance some hormones...I did follow directions but thought it was weird..after reading your story...I am glad I did as told...

Hang in there..you will feel better once you start to eat solids...you feel well...human again.....and it is thrilling to go out to a restaurant and have such self control....all because of our secret weapon(the band)!

I was banded last week and although I know that several bandsters have had that feeling of regret, I am having a really hard time with it. I have cried every single day that I've had this band. I don't know what is wrong with me. I really researched this and wanted it sooo bad! But now I feel like I have made a huge mistake. My DH was little less than supportive on my first day and made some comments about how he didn't think I needed this and how he had issues with me having a device inside my body. He has since apologized and has been sooo supportive, but I feel like that messed with my head. And now I'm absolutely miserable. I just feel like I want this out and I want to go back to how I was. What in the hell is wrong with me?

Hey allkat,

OMG!!!!!!!!! you just discribed my life!! Its been 6 days since I was band and i feel awfull. I want this damn band offf :biggrin:

this is normal...we all feel it in the beginning. it might just be a passing thought that is driven from our minds immediately, or it might be a horrible lingering foreboding feeling that we can't escape. whatever it is, i believe it is normal.

They'd have to fight me in mortal hand-to-hand combat to get mine back!!!

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep chewing.

Ulysses S Grant

((ok, so he did not say chewing...))

They'd have to fight me in mortal hand-to-hand combat to get mine back!!!

I gotta say.. that's how I feel. Except I'll cheat and bring weapons. And then the scissor leg throw thing that Sonya did. Right? :thumbup:

OP.. Hang in there, it gets better!

I'm much better. After my dr. moved me to soft foods that next week, it made a huge difference. He thought that the liquid diet really messed up all my hormone, glucose, and electrolyte levels, and that was probably why I was feeling so freaked out. I felt immediately better after getting some more solid nutrition. I don't get a first fill until 4/16, but I feel good about my decision. I haven't lost any additional weight since right after surgery, but I know that is normal and I'm not freaking out about it. I think my success is too soon to call with the band since it isn't working for me yet, but I have every hope that it will. Can't wait to be an 'after'!

allykat,

I'ts great to hear you're feeling better. I'm getting banded next month and have a feeling I'll be feeling the same as you and Yazmin afterwards. I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better once you started soft foods. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Allykat...so happy that you posted to let us know that you are doing better. Good luck to you and hoping you see weight loss results soon