Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

I eat a lot of fish. Some dark meat chicken or light meat if I'm using mayo with it.

I use a Protein Drink if I'm under on Protein and need liquids as well.

I've also found that if you use a protein counter (book or on-line) you'll find you're getting in more protein than you think. The milk you add to coffee, even some of the wheat crackers, have protein. And it all adds up.

Howdy y'all! Just checkin' in... how is everyone?

I'm doing better. My fill is still pretty tight, but I am getting used to it. I'm not losing any more though this way. Funny, you'd think I would.

Hope everyone is doing well!

~carol

that is what happened to me....the fill dr didn't prime the tube leading to the band...long story short the saline was in the tube not in the band....

I had my second fill a week ago and now have some restriction in the morning, but it's gone my afternoon. Hopefully this will help since I'd actually gained back 2 pounds between my first and second fill. :smile:

Guest Leslie2Lose

It sounds like most of us are still in band hell. I have some restriction in the morning, but it lessens as the day goes on. My next fill is scheduled for July 2nd. I'm hoping it'll be a good one.

Poor Turler! Girl - I'm sorry you're still tight. That's gotta be awful. Hopefully you'll weigh next week and have a 5-6 pound loss. Your body is probably freaking out on you - lol. ((huggs))

Hi,

After my port revision, I only ended up with 3.0 cc -- .5 less than my first fill. I just started getting a little hungry again...hope I can make it without starving until my next fill, July 18. Seems like a long way away! Although, Turler, too tight is definitely not fun! :-( Hopefully you'll loosen up soon!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi Lizalee - I had port revision too - on June 13th...my doc put in 1.5 cc at the time. I really think I need another fill. Doc said he was scared to do more than that with me asleep. I can understand, but am ready for some restriction. I need that tattood on my forehead - That's all I've posted for two months - lol

Hang in there! You have to wait longer than me - so it's easier said than done.

I just went for my first fill on 6/18. I was on fluids for 24 hours and could tell there was restriction. Then last night for dinner I had 1/2 cup of food and was full! This morning I had a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and got this full feeling so I stopped right away.

I don't have any hunger pains just some head hunger so I just keep feeding my mental urge with a drink of Water each time. I can't wait to see if the scale is going to finally start moving.

The doctor told me I could come back in 2 weeks if I wanted another fill. If I am still feeling like this I wont be going in. I have a feeling it will fade some and I will need to get another fill. I am at 2.0 CC in a 4cc right now.

Hey!

Okay, today I got the strangest feeling in my chest and throat. I finished eating lunch and I felt like I had a big burp in there. Everytime I 'burped' these little baby burps would come out and they came with Fluid. I just couldn't get a good burp to move the air/food. It started to feel like I would vomit, so I made a bee line to the bathroom for a just in case. I decided I needed to get back to work and I just couldn't get any change to happen. I leaned over the toilet and out came this big ball of slime!!!!! EEWWWWW! It was so weird. I felt better in my throat and chest, but now my throat is sore. Has been ever since.

I hope to God I didn't hurt anything by doing that. Sorry for the details!

BTW: Too tight sucks as bad as no fill. Just sayin'.

~Carol

Hey!

Okay, today I got the strangest feeling in my chest and throat. I finished eating lunch and I felt like I had a big burp in there. Everytime I 'burped' these little baby burps would come out and they came with Fluid. I just couldn't get a good burp to move the air/food. It started to feel like I would vomit, so I made a bee line to the bathroom for a just in case. I decided I needed to get back to work and I just couldn't get any change to happen. I leaned over the toilet and out came this big ball of slime!!!!! EEWWWWW! It was so weird. I felt better in my throat and chest, but now my throat is sore. Has been ever since.

I hope to God I didn't hurt anything by doing that. Sorry for the details!

BTW: Too tight sucks as bad as no fill. Just sayin'.

~Carol

Ouch. Been there... done that... Its not fun. You may have gotten something stuck or ate too fast.

Now THATS the deterrent I had before my first fill! PB-ing! Since my fill, I feel less restriction! So strange..........

That is strange. I am starting to be able to eat lunch now. Breakfast is still liquids only and still uncomfortable. Must go really slow! I am learning to deal with this though. Guess the "behavior modification" is working! LOL

~Carol

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing well in loserland! :blink:. Just wanted to check in and say Hi.

L2L- How ya doing girlie? All the soreness gone?

Turler- Um, YUK, ha! just kidding, I bet that was miserable. I'm glad it got better.

I am ready for another fill, next appointment is the 17 of July, I just hope I don't get too much.

Wow Karly! 41 lbs is amazing!! Good for you!

oh...and I know it was YUK! Sorry for all the details!

~C