Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

ugggghhhh! I think I ate too much tonight! Aunt Flo just visited, and uh, wanted me to eat more! Now I'm paying. I can't imagine this after I have my first fill! This experience should be a good deterrent!

I gotta lay down now..........:)

hello all,

i'm 9 days post op. things are going really well. i had my post op follow-up & have lost 15 lbs.-not too bad, i'm happy with it. i'm still on a liquid diet and am getting anxious and can't wait to start pureed foods next week. i'm walking on the treadmill and doing pretty good. my fill date is july 7th, seems kind of long but i can call and get in sooner if i feel like i'm able to eat more than i should.

i'm in a size 18 and tried on some of my old 16's and i'm able to get into them but i'm really liking the loose feel of the 18's. i've noticed my shirts fit better. i think i've lost of my weight in my face and stomach area. everyone tells me my face has slimmed down, guess i lost most of it there.

good luck to everyone, keep on keepin on!!

1 week post surgery and I'm moving onto the next eating stage which is creamy.. I must also have 2 Protein shakes/drinks a day. Can anyone help me with a powder or drink that is not chalky or leaves a nasty aftertaste? Open to suggestions, ideas, recipies... Gail

Weezie102, I bought a big thing of Protein Powder at Sam's Club. It was with all the body-builder type stuff. Can't remember the name right off, but it has LOTS of protein....maybe 24 grams? It was like $32 for a 72 serving pouch, which is a lot up front, but not too bad when you divide it out. You either have to shake it very vigorously, or use a blender to get a good mix. I like it a lot.

Weezie102, I bought a big thing of Protein powder at Sam's Club. It was with all the body-builder type stuff. Can't remember the name right off, but it has LOTS of protein....maybe 24 grams? It was like $32 for a 72 serving pouch, which is a lot up front, but not too bad when you divide it out. You either have to shake it very vigorously, or use a blender to get a good mix. I like it a lot.

Is it Six Star™ Muscle: Professional strength?

I got a container of that at WallyWorld and it's pretty good, but you do have to mix it well also.

Not a fan of Protein powder, :eek:but a friend told me about

Jay Robb Egg White protein powder. It comes in non-flavored, vanilla, choc. and strewberry. This stuff is great,:blush: it leaves no film, gritty after taste Just blend it in my magic bullet w/ skim milk or Water and add my own flavor, like banana, strawberry I even added a little cup of Jello to it. Not bad. Not sure where to buy it, :confused:I went on line to jayrobb.com. Check it out, he also has other things w/protein. I just started using it a few days ago and its really not bad. They even say you can sprinkle it on your food. Hope this helps.

Carol16_5_20.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNfox000

YES, its the EAS powder. I have vanilla, and as big and expensive as the bag is, I don't know when I'll be trying chocolate!!! Have you tried the chocolate? I like the vanilla. Sam's also has a non-carbonated drink called "Slim Lite" thats very good. Its stronger than the flavored water drinks with 0 callories and 0 carbs and reasonably priced.

DR.K in Denver CO. is for $9500 or $9700. This is the best price in the US. I've been searching. You could also Michiegan for $11500. You should really shop around exspically if you are paying out of pocket.

get my first fill on today may 7th. when they say to be on liquids does that mean clear or can I have a Protein Shake for Breakfast? can't believe I forgot to ask this before...it's just I'm so excited to get that first fill. I've thr read posts about lllong needles and multiple sticks, so pray it works out ok. I saved a little codine just in case.

36_22_24.gif Hey all you April Avengers, how is everyone doing. I'm just 16 days post-op and feeling better every day. Just wish my port site would feel better. Still keeping everything down.

Well I was just checking on you guys. Keep me posted. I still have till June 9th for my 1st fill. I hope I'm giving myself enough time to see how I'll do, since I have a 5hr flight 7_2_116.gifon June 18th and won't be back until July 2nd. I'm heading back east for a few weeks to visit my family.

Carol

16_5_20.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNfox000

get my first fill on today may 7th. when they say to be on liquids does that mean clear or can I have a Protein Shake for breakfast? can't believe I forgot to ask this before...it's just I'm so excited to get that first fill. I've thr read posts about lllong needles and multiple sticks, so pray it works out ok. I saved a little codine just in case.

How did it go??? I have my first fill on Tuesday. My instructs are liquids the first two days and them mushies for two days after that.

I had my first fill on Wednesday and Protein Shakes are o.k bc if it was Clear Liquids it would have said clear but best to check with you Dr everyone is different. I had my Dr numb the site first. the stick couldn't feel but the meds stung for a few seconds and then I didn't feel anything. I was glad because it was hard finding it the first time. I am bruised from it. AS for restriction I felt almost the same I can tell a little bit but not that much so I guess it will be another fill or so before I can only eat 1/2 cup of food at a time until then I have to do my best. My next fill is scheduled two weeks out.

Just thought I would check in with an update. I am doing great still I can't feel any pain. My incisions since they are glue are barely noticeable. I am back to work full time. Post op appt the other day and the doc told me to eat anything I want just in small portions and chew. My weight has stalled since switching over to food obviously. I am not regaining so thats a definite plus. I will just have to really watch the food intake for the next few weeks close. I have a fill on 6/12... seems like forever.. I have made it this far though so I will try to be patient.

If I follow the rules and eat slow I definetly find I eat alot less and fill up faster.

My guilty pleasure right now is my craving for grapefruits with salt... don't ask me I don't know where it came from.

Brandy hi!

You're doing great,36_1_34.gif I start regular foods this Monday, I'll be 3 wks post-op, and like you I'm really gona have to watch my portions, my first fill is not until 6/9. I'm down 9lbs since surgery, it's slow going but I've been on full liquids the whole time(soaps and cream of wheat, yogart and puddings) Not really hungry much, just trying to eat 3x aday with Protein Drinks, ice tea and Water inbetween.

Good luck and let me know how you make out on real food.

15_3_36.gif sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNfox000