Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for May

you both just gave me a great idea: i'll clean out my closet & dresser. not only will it make room for new smaller clothes, but i know i'll find some "treasures" too!! oh im super excited now!!!:Angel_anim:

Glad we could inspire you! When you are done..come help me at my house!! LOL

Hi Ddem!

I was wondering how you get in your 90 grams of Protein a day. Would you share an example of what you eat in a day? Are you eating just three meals a day, or are you adding Snacks? I'm having a hard time eating enough protein. Thanks for you help!

I need to clean out my closet too! I did before surgery but I still wear like, 10% of the clothes in there lol. My mom said that once I hit my first goal, (which is to finally be under 200 lbs!!! Only 4 pounds to go!!!) she'll take me out to go shopping for some new outfits!!

That is great Allison...I I was excited to go under 300...puts it all in perspective doesn't it? You'll be in smaller sizes in no time!

What helps me to get my Protein in is high protein meals plus I do protein with milk. 1cup already has 8gms...so adding more makes it easy! And I luv milk!!

Can I ask why you are eating 90 grams of Protein a day.... the required healthy amount for an adult woman is 65-70 grams.... banded or not. Here is what I do.... I eat Kashi Go Lean Cereal for Breakfast, it has 13 grams of protein for one cup... I drink it with coconut milk as I don't do milk and I want the extra health benefits of coconut milk.... then I try to do tuna fish or canned turkey or chicken.... that stuff is SO HIGH in protein.... between those two meals, I almost get my whole days protein requirements.... then I usually have Beans or meat for dinner and get even more.... cottage cheese has a huge amount of protein as well if you like that. It's also really important to get 35-40 grams of Fiber a day too.... the soluble and insoluble types are both essential.... the soluble types are things like fruit fibers and they are important for binding to the bile in your intestinal tract and pulling out things like cholesterol so it can't be reabsorbed into the body, thus lowering cholesterol levels... then you also need insoluble fibers from things like grains, nuts and legumes.... it softens stools and increases transit times.... if you don't (excuse me) poop often enough.... you should have bowels movement times of 18-30 hours... if not, you are not getting enough fiber (mostly insoluble) in your diet and this can lead to serious health issues... many banded people are constipated.... due to eating pretty high protein... that is why fiber is even more crucial.... sorry to talk about this so bluntly, but fiber is really important and most americans only get a fraction of what they need..... hope this helps some of you!

Kammi in Everett, WA

335/302/180

DOB 5/27/08

Dr. Kuri - TJ Mexico

My physician's grp (his nurse, his nutritionist, him and his 2 surgeon partners) all say 60gms of Protein during the 1st 6 wks then up to 90 after that. It is essential for weight loss to go after all stored fat over the yrs. They've had more documented weight loss success following these guidelines for yrs. Eating hlthy, good choices for my 3 meals a day keeps my fiber intake going. Per my nutritionist, pooping every 2-3days is what I should expect since only eating 4oz each meal. I'm not supposed to snack between meals and if I should need a bedtime snack, then a protein bar/shake is allowed. But for now, a cup of skim milk does the trick! I do love coconut so perhaps I may invest in trying some of that...may keep my kids out of it-HA!!

Good advice gals...I see the nutritionist today...I'll see what she says...when I was doing weight loss before...at Inches Away...they had you do 2 Protein supplements a day equalling 30 grams of protein on top of your 3 meals w/protein like deck of cards sized chicken or fish...about 4 oz.....That was based on the American heart/Diabetic guidelines....it did help me loose...that is the hardest part I have about my banding guidelines because they say no Snacks so no extra protein???

My doctors group says 90 grams of Protein right from the start. Average women may get 65 per day but we are not average women anymore. With the band, all protein goes to maintaining and keeping muscle but we need the extra to keep our hair healthy as well. With this amount of protein along with Biotin supliments, my doctors group has had a high rate of their patients maintaining healthy hair with minimal lose.

I do it because my doctor told me to. I also do the high protein breakfast as well as the tuna, chicken and tofu (there are great flavored tofu in the markets today).

If I still fall short of my 90 grams a day, I will do a New Whey protien bullet (this has 42 protein in a 3 oz drink) or I will do a Protein Bar.< /p>

ugh so I need to vent. This guy I've been dating on and off for the past 5 years, well, sucks. I slept over his house Tuesday night, left Wednesday afternoon, and went out with friends Wednesday night. I woke up this morning, and I found out he asked this friend of his out, and now they are "in a relationship" according to his myspace account.... I felt so pissed off and hurt I went to the gym and had a great workout. Now I'm finally going to try to spend some more time on myself. I feel like I'm in 6th grade again. Apparently hes just not that classy, and I thought I had him pegged after 5 years... 1/4 of my life... Sigh, just needed to vent...

Allison, you are a beautiful girl with a whole new life going on right now! I know this doesn't cure the anger and disappointment, but I also know a yr from now, you'll have new friends you didn't expect! Keep your head up and focus on YOU!!

Hey Allison,

Just stopping in to share my thought about your sitiuation with your guy. Try to remember, If you choose to park a "pinto" or some other "small" car in your driveway, then the "Hummer" or some other "BIG" car cannot fit in your driveway.

Just a thought for you to grow on.

I drove a pinto for seven years and got now where. I had "Him" towed away and now I have the best Hummer in town. He treats me like I deserve to be treated and loves me for me.

Good luck and remeber you deserve a "HUMMER" too!

Hi Ddem!

I was wondering how you get in your 90 grams of Protein a day. Would you share an example of what you eat in a day? Are you eating just three meals a day, or are you adding Snacks? I'm having a hard time eating enough protein. Thanks for you help!

tuna, I get these snakesfrom wally world, small can of tuna, crackers, mayo and relish, 22grams protein.

and we get whey shakes.< /p>