Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for May

Allison,

I like bandedgirl's analogy! I too once owned a pinto or two but am happily driving a Hummer now myself. It took me 32 years to feel like I DESERVED such a reliable, loving, appreciative, and honest hummer. I did have MANY unproductive relationships with pintos, or even worse, pacers!!! One lasting over 6 years! I wasted 6 precious years on a pathetic pinto! But NOW I am so happy to be loved all the time, no matter how I look in the morning, or how large I happen to be at the time. I am glad to have someone that worries about how I feel and wants to make sure he doesn't hurt me or my feelings. Now even with a Hummer there are bumps in the road, but at least I know I can count on him to work with me to get through them. You will find the right guy! You are still young and very beautiful. Make Mr . On Again-Off Again Mr Off Forever. He will try to worm his way back in when he needs someone. I know you care about him. It won't be easy at all! Stick to your guns and keep taking care of YOU!!!!

Shelly

Allison we all love you and don't you let the hurt get to you .. Like our old ways this is going to be gone too .. You deserve that hummer and so glad you got the pinto out of the way ..I love that analogy ..

You take care and keep us posted.. Out with the old and in with the new ...

weight.png

HI ya'll! Sorry I have not responded sooner...I went to the cabin in the cool pines of pinetop and do not have internet up there! I am actually going again in a few days...until school starts at the end of July between doc visits...it is Pinetop for me!

So, on July 2nd I got my first fill of 4cc's in my 9cc Realize band. I can feel a bit of restriction...a few times I eat too quickly and go...ugh...I feel that! I am NOT as hungry as I was the 2 and 1/2 weeks before the fill. I think I will have just a bit more fill on August 7th when I go back.

I really need to exercise more...here I was sooo good from Dec. until surgery...however, I am not allowed to go to Inches A-weigh quite yet...too much shaking of the machines....and all core work...so walking is it for me still. My other issue is that I still have a scab on my port scar...altough it is getting smaller finally! I had hoped to be doing Water aerobics by now....'course going to the cabin would have complicated that too!

I am soooo bad about routines during the summer when school is out! OH well, just about 2 weeks left anyway....teachers out there...you know what I mean, I am sure...

food wise, doing pretty well....grilled fish, turkey burgers, canned tuna or salmon, Protein shakes for Breakfast, fruit, veggies, oh...I can NOT forget...Refried Beans....anyway, I just still try and limit my bad starches.....

I had chicken lettuce wraps tonight....

As for my Psoriasis...I went to the derm for the 3rd time since surgery today, now he says, "It sure doesn't look like Psoriasis now! UGH!! Ok...no I do not want an auto-immune disease but then why do I look and itch everywhere with red spot????? GOSH, can I be allergic to something in the band??? I DID break out 2 weeks before the surgery....so we are all hoping that it is NOT from the latex etc....????

OK...I am scared a bit...trying to be sane about it all.

Well, Hope you all are doing great...

ALLISON - I did have a pinto in the 1980's and let my Pinto of a boyfriend (8 years!) drive me in it! I even let him borrow it at college...I am sure he was cheating on me in MY PINTO!!!

So, hang in there and "Kick him to the curb!" You are not in high school anymore but unfortunately guys are well into their late 20's or 30's....sorry any guys!

TTFN, Shelley

USE COCONUT OIL on your skin! Be consistent and rub it on 3-4 times during the day and right before bed.... unless you are allergic to coconut which not very many truly are. I have seen it help several skin conditions.... and if you are having an allergic reaction, it will still help... it is hyperallergenic. You can buy it at most health food stores... or online... it works wonders and your body will also benefit from it internally. I swear by it... if you want more info...let me know!

Kammi in Everett, WA

DOB 5/27/08

335/302/180

Dr. Kuri - TJ Mexico

thanks Kami...I was using it and taking it....can't tell if anything is helping at this point due to so much of it...I went to a different derm for a 2nd opinion....he says that it could be eczema or just a sensitivity to anything...he gave me a steroid shot which I have wanted from the start.....and then said on the next visit, if I am not a ton better he would do a biopsy......He also gave me a new rx for a cream to try.....I have been using coconut oil in the bath too for a quick way to get all over!

This too will pass! Shelley

I also had some kind of skin reaction after I received my band. (If I have already posted about this in this thread, forgive me...didn't want to sift through 41 pages, lol) About a week after I returned from Mexico, I was weeding a flower bed and got into poison ivy. It was so bad, I went to my family doctor and he put me on a steroid pack. It was definitely poison ivy, but once it had cleared up, I still had sensitivity in the area I originally had the rash. For about a month, the only relief I could get was to get in the shower and use the shower nozzle to direct the hottest Water I could stand to my arm, and back of my leg. It stayed red and inflamed for weeks. It has finally gotten better and what seemed to help was to apply moisturizing cream to the areas constantly. I think it could have been a combined reaction to the poison ivy and the antibiotic that I took after I had my surgery...(I couldn't recall ever taking this certain one) Hope it gets better for you...I know the misery, lol.

Thanks for your post Tonyahebert! I am glad to hear you are better....yuk poison ivy! As a kid, I was at camp and was walking across a creek bridge...never touched the poison ivy but the wind was blowing and I broke out all over my legs! So, I guess I am pretty sensitive to things....thanks for reminding me of this....I felt less itch today so maybe the shot is helping!

I finally went and had a massage today...I haven't had one since before my surgery! He used grape seed oil, I think that was the one, and it felt soooo goood to have that really massaged into my skin! Maybe the insr. could cover me having this treatment everyday until it is gone! LOL.....

Well friends...happy loosing! Shelley

So I just found out today that my insurance didn't cover my whole surgery and I have to pay $2000.00 That pales in comparison to the whole surgery itself, and self pays have to pay a lot more, but I'm in college and have a crappy waitressing job, I can barely pay my car insurance where am I going to find $2000.00? My parents are probably going to have to help me out and are not too happy. :/ LAME

Just make payments Allison... tell them that you can only pay $50 a month or whatever you can stretch... they will set up a payment plan... at least in my experience with medical payments they do.... then if you get a little more money, plop a bigger chunk down... but stretch it out as long as you can with the minimal amount possible... I hope since it was an elective surgery they are not telling you that you have to pay in full at once.... that would be a shame! Good luck to you! But in the scheme of things... you are right... $2,000.00 is minimal for what you had done.... let us know!

Kammi in Everett, WA

Yeah I'm sure it will be fine. Today I hit 199! Seeing the scale start with the number ONE will be totally worth every penny :thumbup:

CONGRATS Allison!!! That is amazing in ONEderland will be a wonderful place to be! I am on my way PRAISE GOD!!!

The doctor's office will take payments, what else can they do if you can't pay. Just be honest with them and make all the payments you promise and you will be just fine.

Amsderb - I can't believe summer is almost over. I have one last hoorah in August. I am going on a cruise on the 2nd for 5 days. I am excited, and worried about the food situation. I do great at home because I don't bring junk in the house, don't know if I will be able to be as good as I should with them shoving food in my face allllll day and night. At least I know I will definately not be able to pig out like I did in the past.

Have a super day!

Bizzy Bee the cruise will be great. Just think of all the activities that will burn calories while having fun. I have been on 4 cruises unbanded and will go on my first (banded) in Dec. My advice is to eat in the diningroom as much as possible and stay away from the buffet. The courses in the diningroom come so slowly that you are very full and satified before dessert time. Pick a starter with Protein and by time the entree comes you will be able to avoid the carbs and eat a little more protein and veggies. On Carnival they have a section on the menu called Spa Meals. The calories and fat etc are all listed on the menu. They are quite tasty and there are even low cal ,sugar free Desserts. Have fun I wish I could go too.

Linda - Thanks so much for the info. We do plan to eat our meals in the dining room, and it is nice to know about the "spa" option. We are going on Carnival out of Mobile. I am definately going to check out the activities available, I am really looking forward to SHOPPING!!! I'll let you know how the going banded thing works out. I am scheduled for a fill as soon as we get back, I should get it before but thought that would be just asking for trouble. Have a super day!