Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I am deeply and passionately in love with my new blender! Being a guy, I splurged and picked up an Oster Professional Blender - it feels like you're starting up a 200 hp engine on your counter! But what is REALLY cool was the Oster Mix'n'Go Cup (I don't think that's the real name, but it's something doinky like that).

It's a heavy plastic cup which is double thick with air between the two layers of plastic like a Thermos, so Soups or shakes stay hot or cold for a good while. But what's cool about it is that you unscrew the top of the cup, load it with eg Slimfast Optima shake, banana, Peanut Butter and Protein Powder, then screw on the BLADE attachment of the blender as if it were the cap of the cup, then turn it upside down and plug it into the blender. Then you blend the contents, unscrew the blade attachment, and screw on the normal lid, and you're good to go with your perfect shake.< /p>

It's great! Indeed, I shall make my lunch shake in a minute and carry it in to my office for consumption...

Congratulations to all the new bandsters! You've listened to us whine, now it's our turn to listen to you whine.

And we're going to tell you to STOW IT, because you've already listened to us and you knew what to expect!!!!

DO TELL?

New source of Protein for early bandster stages, I'm all ears!

I went out to GNC and bought chocolate, vanilla, and Stawberry flavored Protein Drink so I would not get tired of them. Good luck to you Harley on finding something better!

Though I have another problem, I have been stuck at 6lbs. for 3 days now and I am really not happy about that. This would be the time on a normal diet I would change back to my old eating habits. I know, I know I need to stop weighing myself everyday.

I know, I know I need to stop weighing myself everyday.

Wow, I could never weigh myself every day, I would be way too anxious!

Once a week is the way to go. That way, instead of seeing it come off at what seems like a slow crawl (even though it's definitely not!), instead of going "oh only half a pound today", you go "YES! SIX POUNDS THIS WEEK!". Just more of a boost i think. Plus your body fluctuates so much through the day, with extra food in stomach, Water retention etc so you would need to do it precisely the same time evey day, having consumed exactly the same amount of Fluid and food blah blah blah for it to be anywhere near accurate.

Too hard basket!

Once a week is the way to go!

Incidentally, I have joined weight watchers (again.... but this time i have my secret weapon), and so i'm only ever going to weigh in once a week at my meeting. Sweet! :ohmy:

I am having a hard time with the scale thing....i need to hide my scale because every morning after i pee i jump on that scale...and NOTHING but maybe a .2 difference......so i am going to make my hubby hide it from me and only bring it out on sunday mornings....

Well i did a menu plan and that seems to be helping me today with not going crazy.....and it is helping me know how much to eat so i dont over eat and i make sure that i am eating healthy....i just cant get the scale to move...

253,252.6,252.4,252.8,252.2 GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR i just want to drop those 3 pounds and it can sit at 249 all it wants till my fill LOL but i want under 250 dangit!!!!!!!!!!!

frances... i totally feel your pain. i've lost and gained the same pound for the last two weeks. i so want out of the 270s, which i am about every other morning. but just when i started getting frustrated, i remember how disappointed i was with the constant gains i'd racked up in the last year or so. happily, my first fill is scheduled for tomorrow. my doc put in 3cc during surgery and i'd felt some restriction. but i could pretty much eat anything after about 2.5 weeks after surgery. hopefully bring me up to a 4cc fill will help get into the 260s and lower. fingers crossed. good luck to all the newly banded and to all those awaiting their first fill.

Every morning after I pee!!! That's me too. And it has started to kind of control my mood for the rest of the day!!!!!

Haha.. Every morning after I pee too.. lol.. I think it's an instant gratification kind of thing.. You had this surgery, and are working hard, you want to see results now!! I am going to hide my scale as well.. I started on mushies today and don't expect to be dropping as I have been which in the past has set me onto a bad path.. Bad scale results= bad eating behaviors.. So here I go.. I am off to hide my scale! Good luck everyone!

:)Kerri

Frances- I have also found that meal planning is key! I have rid my house of everything I know I will want to eat, and went shopping for only items I will need to make my next few planned meals.. I did this pre surgery a few times and it worked well, so I am hoping that I will have the same results, and stick to it!

Good luck to you!

:)Kerri

Greetings Shamrocks!

Well I am now an official bandster! Too funny about the Rubick's cube. I am a licensed adjuster and went to a meeting in early March. We love toys and the vendor who sponsered the night gave us all a couple of rubick's cubes. I mesed one up and left the other one whole. I did play with it for a while. I figure it will take me a while to get the hang of it.

Well.....my story is that I arrived at the hospital at 7:15. Got sent to the waiting room, they brought me to another waiting room to stripe and put on the gowns and little socks and robe. Sent back to waiting room. ***** warning Fenton, TMI******I was totally embarassed because people could see my hairy legs......oh well.

They took me back and put me in a lounger with a tv and a nice warm blanket. Very cool. Then I was moved to a bed, they took vitals, started an iv and I waited, until 11ish when they wheeled me into the pre-or area. They asked a bunch of questions. Then they wheeled me into the or. Boy was it cold in there! They hiked up the bed. I scooted over onto the tiny OR table. I put my arm out and thought I hope I don't fall off. The next thing I know I am in the recovery room.

I also managed to get the realize band. I asked my doctor about it and he seemed real excited that I was interested and made it all happen.

I was one of the lucky ones, I recovered quickly, no real pain and no nausea. They moved me to my private room. I have to tell you that I loved that! I was on a pain pump, loved that as well. It was a good thing because they were a little overwhelmed. I was bummed because my tv didn't work. Well, I had sound, but no picture. The tv guy came and said "yep, it doesn't work". They could bring me a new one on Wednesday.

I did listen to Biggest looser. I really like that show. It was a bummer that I couldn't see it. I slept in about 45 minute cycles. I'd wake up, hit the pain pump and fall back off. At times they were in to take the vitals. I enjoyed the young cute male nurse. It was nice to look at a pretty face. :) I walked as much as I could. I didn't see any of the other patients in the hallway. I don't know if they weren't walking or were on a different time table.

Today was OK. It just took forever to get the x-ray thing to move me onto fluids. Fortunately, I wasn't hungry or thristy. The ice cubes were good enough. Finally, at about 12ish I could have fluids.

Got to tell you that I (at this point) have minimal gas. The worse part is the stupid hiccups. I get them and they last for a few minutes. Yikes!

I really love the lack of hunger. Is this what skinny people feel? I finally understand "forgetting to eat".

Hi all, Congrats on your new band Hope.

I had my 1 week follow up today and they took the staples out. I can now each mushies. I tried to eat some plain mashed potatoes, but could only eat about 3 spoonfulls. Oh well. Back to drinking. I'm ok with that for now.

Glad your home and on your way. I returned to work today and found my desk under a mound of folders. Needless to say I spent the day in front of the computer trying to get caught up. I walked outside during my lunch (pretty outside) then returned to the computer. About 2:00 p.m. the shoulder pains returned with a vengence. At 4:00 p.m. I finished my day, came home and took some pain medication to relieve the shoulder pain. I plan on hitting the treadmill in a few minutes then I will hit my homework (will have my BA b4 I die) and crawl into bed. I did reach out to shut the car door this afternoon and my port area screamed at me, thought I was going to cry!! It was rather a good day.

Note to Shamrocks: When you're feeling a bit hungry, when you're on mushies and unrestricted, it's probably not a good idea to watch TOP CHEF.

Plus: Yay Hope, JDub and Busy!

ok, so my big day is tomorrow!!! it's finally real to me and i'm questioning myself. Did i choose the right band? Am i doing the right thing? This is exactly what i want and can't wait, so i think it's just last minute jitters getting to me. Anyone else go through this? So i can't wait to finally start my "new life". wish me luck...:thumbup:

Yesterday was my first day back to work and it was a piece of cake since I work at a computer most of the day. No pain at all here for me. I feel blessed for that.

Something I haven't seen anyone post on is that my doctor has me on Coumadin for a month post op and a acid reflux medicine Protonix for about that long too. How about others?

And finally for FENTON-- the saying still goes -- boys and their toys! a blender with all the gadgets!! Congrats!