Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Have you been hitting the sauce, Teri?

I kid, I kid!

What motivates me is the success of others, so just keep on losin'!

I just unpacked my new blender and my new blender cup, and made a Protein shake - it was actually delicious! One of the horrid Slimfast Optima vanilla shakes tarted up with some banana, Peanut Butter and Protein powder. It actually tasted quite good, had tons of Protein. Not low cal, though.

Still, not TERRIBLE...

I'm not going to track my sodium, btw! Watching the damn calories and Protein is enough!!!

It's a good lesson, though: just because you have a band doesn't mean you're automatically going to lose weight!

Thanks for the positive vibes. As the Lone Dude here, I admit I did flee the conference for a little while you gals were sorting out your undies...

well tomorrow is the big day I am scheduled to be there at 8:30 and I am ready. This is also day 3 of my clear liquid diet and the headache are a *&(*&! I am hoping everything goes as smooth as possible and that I am in and out. I was never really given a list of what to do the morning of except wash with the soap they gave me anything else??

nothing much to do, just "scrub" god and no food or drink after 10pm-midnight the night before.....even though you wash yourself well they are still going to wash you begore surgery..

one word of wisdom. when i was discharged they disconnected all the leads for the monitors, but left the sticky pads all over me. when removing them I accidentally pulled off one of the steristrip bandages....do you want to say PAIN....so be carfeul..luckily it was the smallest incison and I just put a butterfly bandage on it when i got home and it is just about healed now after 1 week.

good uck tomorrow

and Hope, you still have a rubik cube!!!!!!! I didn't feel like doing anything but try to get comfortable and sleep. the waking me up every 4 hours for BP, temp and pulse ox got old real fast lol

How long b/4 your strips over your incisions came off? I have been keeping bandaids over mine so they have not had a chance. Do I need to stop the bandaids??

I've got staples and go tomorrow to have them removed. It's a week tomorrow for me, I'll be glad to get them out, I think that is most of my discomfort right now.

I swear that I need to stop reading these boards! I keep getting so excited for everyone going, and I still have to wait until Monday! Will it ever come??? Congrats and good luck you guys, I can't wait to join the club!

I swear that I need to stop reading these boards! I keep getting so excited for everyone going, and I still have to wait until Monday! Will it ever come??? Congrats and good luck you guys, I can't wait to join the club!

Lisa, Monday is just around the corner!!:thumbup:

I was banded on the 13th of March. My strips were off 10 days later. I saw my dr the next day, he said everything loked great. He had said if they haven't come off in two weeks I could remove them.

We were told to remove the dressings covering our steristrips after two days, then that the steristrips would fall off by themselves in a week or two. After two weeks you really don't need the strips anymore, so I just peeled mine off. After, maybe 12 days.

You don't need to put bandages over the dressings, I don't think. Although you should ask your MD. But I really don't think you have to worry any more.

I am now an official Bandster. I was admitted yesterday at around 11 AM. The nurse that came in to take my BP and temp and such, was really harsh about the fact that our 7yr old DS was with us. We got quite the lecture about bringing children to the hospital.

They made short order out of getting me in to the OR and before I knew it I was in the recovery room in A LOT OF PAIN!!! I was really surprised by how much pain I was having. It was mainly in my chest and arms. I was burping a ton and nauseous. They gave me something for the nausea and took a bit of time before getting me something for the pain.

I felt bad because my DH could only run in while my DS waited outside the doors (they would not let him in, which is understandable). My DH pretty much saw me writhing in pain and then he left. Once they gave me the morphine, I felt better pretty quickly. Still had pain, but could stop writhing and moaning. DH had to leave to get back in time to pick up our other 2 kids for daycare. I was then moved to a room with a nice view of the East River. I got the window seat, and was happily relaxing until they moved my room-mate in.

She and her mother stayed the night. They were so loud, had the TV on all night and their cell-phones were ringing at all hours on full blast. It was horrible. By 3AM when the phone rang for the thousandth time, I told them they really needed to turn the volume down. They said they could not find the button. I did not respond well. It told them they could either turn it down or I would turn it off for them. It did not help, but I asked for more pains meds and finally drifted off after that.

In the morning the docs came and checked out the incisions and told me I could shower when I got home...I was surprised. The nurse gave me the discharge papers and told me I could shower today...I was still surprised. So, I came hoem and took a shower. Well, a little Water got under the clear plastic dressing that is covering the steri strips. This clear plastic is to be removed Thursday.

The incision where the port is definately got wet and there was a lot more blood on that dressing when I finished showering. I guess time will tell if I really did any damage, but I'm hoping all is good.

It's been hard keeping my belly protected for the kids. I actually had to show them my belly to get through to them that they really need to give me a bit of space for a few days. My 7 yr old is being very helpful, which is great.

Today most of the pain is in my shoulders. Been up and walking so hope for that to pass. I have had half a bottle of Isopure clear and half a cup of hot chocolate with skim milk. I had a little broth before I left the hospital this AM and I've been sipping Water through the day. I really don't think I'll be able to get down the rest of my Isopure, but I am not concerned.

Christine

Fenton, you have lost 38lbs. I think that is very impressive. Don't be so hard on yourself. When is your fill scheduled for? Not too far off right?

Lisa, Moday will be here before you know it.

Harley, you must have been so psyched to heave your jeans be loose. My belly is so distended right now 1 day post op and I weigh 2 pounds heavier that yesterday, but I know it has to do with the surgery. Even my fingers are swollen.

Christine

Today was back to work day....I didn't feel good when I woke up, just really dizzy and sweaty. I got dressed and tried to put down a Protein shake, but it just didn't work.....

Got to work at 9am and lasted until 11am......they sent me home. I guess I didn't look much better than I felt. We have a huge event on Saturday and my manager said she'd rather have me better for the event than try to knuckle through today.....so I obliged and came home.

Slept for a couple of hours, woke up and tried another shake....much better this time.

I actually feel okay now....it was just a really weird morning.

I did find out that I had a hiatal hernia repair at the same time they did my band.....and HOW did I find out about this? Hmmmmmm, when the billing office called for my insurance information. She got an earful because I wasn't happy that I didn't know about the additional procedure. I understand that it's fairly common and I'm certainly glad that it was fixed, but I just think someone should have mentioned it while we were there......

Anyway....that's my day!

Yay Christine! I'm sorry the nurse bitched you out - it's really not her place to lecture you once the dead has already been committed! What did she think you were going to do, excuse yourself and drive the little nipper home then come back for her to take your BP?

It sounds like you had a rough ride of it. I had a nice view of the East River, but it becomes a little less nice at 2 AM, and even less nice at 3AM. Less nice still at 4 and 5AM, but come 6AM, when release time gets closer, it starts to seem a little nicer.

I wouldn't bother weighing myself until you go back in for your follow up visit. And I wouldn't sweat a little Water getting on the steristrips.

I'm pleased with the 38 lbs, but I'd lost that 10 days ago! I just gained a pound! Eating twigs and leaves! I know, I know, it'll get better, but STILL! I want to see that red needle moving aggressively downwards...

I guess after my fill day things'll move again (April 14 - call tomorrow and book yours, because they're so damn busy there that they couldn't see me for my fill until then! Then again, I think they inject through the scar, so, ok, I don't mind if the scar has a couple extra days to heal. Although maybe they only inject through the scar after you've had a few months of healing...)

I'm so happy you're done - a Bandster at last!