Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

1st, great weight loss Scrappy, you have really been working that band!

2nd, some hair loss but not enough to really worry about. My hair dresser did notice that some of my hair was coming out but my hair is really thick so she said not to worry about it. She also said it would grow back in. I know that does not help...what are you suppose to do until the hair returns?? Keep up the positive attitude.

I too am experiencing hair loss. I too have PCOS and am thin on top to begin with. It's been getting worse the past couple of weeks. Thankfully my hair is curly, so it's a bit easier to hide.

I have variable restriction through my day and there are some daysI am really tight and others where I feel almost nothing. This week is a good week....last week, not so good. I have 6cc in a 10cc band.

I have been skipping Breakfast and have lunch around noon. I do try to have an Isopure clear drink in the AM to increase my Protein intake. This morning I have a chocolate medifast blended with 1tsp of Peanut Butter and some ice. It was nice, and probably about the same calorically as my Isopure.< /p>

Christine

Hey thanks for the reply! I have also talked to my nurse who has told me the same thing, she said on the 18th when I get my third fill that I probably wont get 2 cc's or I will be too tight. I sure hope so. She said not to worry that it is working and even if the weight comes off slower than others, it is still coming off. She said also that the less you have to lose the slower the loss....well I was 115 over and I have lost close to 15, but two sizes jeans....guess for 10 weeks that is okay. Just crazy at how fast some on here are losing! A lady in my church has lost 60 pounds in 3 months. She eats salad all day. So I am hoping they are right, I just want to be too tight for awhile! Then I think I would really start seeing weight loss....but at the same time, don't want to lose my hair either. Havent had that yet! Yikes! Again, thanks....and how much have you lost and when were you banded?

I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I, yes I, am offically under 300 lbs. Yes, you heard correctly! 298.2. Thank you, thank you! It was an honor to just be nomiated! You love me, you really, really love me!!!!:thumbs_up:

First of all, I would like to thank my dear surgeon Dr. Choban, who is officailly guilty of Assault and Battery on my poor, still healing Port during my second fill. I am pretty sure that she pushed it so hard that it popped out of my Azz, but hey, I still won! I would also like to thank Restriction, Good Good Restriction. Without you I would still not know that dry chicken breast, full of Protein and flavor, will move to a state of total liquidity when chewed for 17 minutes. I would also not know that siad tangy, spicy chicken breast could morph into a softball studded with Titanium nails, that likes to make camp in the middle of my chest for 9 hours. Softball of Death. Good times. :party::party:

Ok, I am through being a smart ass. I am eternally grateful for the help you all have given me! I am under 300, and I am in a size 22 for the firat time since I can remember. I read everyday, but do not post NEARLY enough. I vow to pass my old timer wisdom to the newbs from here on out. After all, I weight 298.2. Does that not now qualify me as an expert??? teeeheee

Luv you all, and thanks again from the bottom of my heart! I can not wait to send my next update!!!!!

Sorry in advance if this is a dup post, stupid puter went down on me. Thanks y'all!

Loved the humor on your posting here! I can't wait until I join you in the Twoterville numbers! running a few behind ya! so you better work hard to keep on going down! Dr. Miller did my 2nd fill this week at MCW and it was a piece of cake, in and out in just a couple minutes really.

If you haven't checked in on the Ohio forum in awhile, come on over!:frown:

My hair stylist suggested using Nioxin products and it helped before. I know Walmart salon sells their products, as do most beauty shops. It is formulated to "feed" your scalp what it needs for the hair follicle to grow healthy hair.

Tess

I've been preventatively using Nioxin since 3 months before the surgery, and this Hair loss is still happening. I dread to think what it might have been like if I WASN'T using it....

I think the take-home message is that hair loss is common in pretty much ANY form of rapid weightloss, and that the hair grows back almost completely.

I got some peculiar combination of Hair and Nail Salvaging Vitamins from the health food store, but it hasn't worked. Probably mostly because the pills are so bloody big I don't have the energy to choke them down.

My nails are great btw. And today, my lunch date, who raved about how great I looked, praised the glow of my skin!

Of course, with MY luck, I'm probably pregnant...

In truth, my skin is good for a couple of reasons: 1. Better nutrition 2. Much more time spent out walking in the sunshine 3. A girl I have a crush on is visiting town, so I've been extra good with my skin care regimen.

Actually, this is the first time I've really HAD a "skin care regimen". After googling "summer skin care men", I fully expect to receive an automatic visitation from my gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgendered brothers and sisters to invite me to participate in this month's Pride activities.

(This month in NYC is Gay Pride month - elsewhere too, I think.)

Anyway, my jojoba facial scrub seems to be doing the trick! (Apparently, crushed fruit pit scrubs are too brutal on the skin for summer use.)

In truth, my skin is good for a couple of reasons: 1. Better nutrition 2. Much more time spent out walking in the sunshine 3. A girl I have a crush on is visiting town, so I've been extra good with my skin care regimen.

Hmm, so essentially you're dolling it up for the ladies!

I was under the impression you were L.T.R.'d? (Long-term-relationship'd)?

Anyway, whatever the cause, looking good is always a happy side-effect!

My hair is thinning a bit....and it's horribly, horribly dry.

I usually like some blonde highlights in my hair for summer, but I'm avoiding bleach for a while.....I will still color it....refuse to play the gray that nature dealt me!

My hairdresser warned me it would likely happen with rapid weight loss.....makes me sad, no matter how I've felt about the rest of my bod, I've always loved my hair.....BUT this too shall pass!

Well, it's summer - can't you just slather a lot of product on it? We tend to shed more in summer than winter anyway - when the cool weather comes (and, judging from your spring, in Utah that should be in a couple of weeks time), your fur will grow back in time for hibernation...

Spring? Not sure what that is......

It was 42 effing degrees today!

Supposed to warm up significantly this weekend though.....sure hope so.

Hey Fenton,

Who loves ya?

Unfortunately, can't start reading until all my papers are submitted. If i'm reading a good book, I literally cannot put it down until I finish. Seriously, I don't even stop for food or sleep! Therefore it is being shelved until next wednesday.

I wait in eager anticipation!

post-233338-13813137190473_thumb.jpg

Also to Fenton --

Someone sent me this, and it immediately made me think of the "classiness" debate.

Millions of men are suddenly rushing out to buy Wii Fit for their girlfriends....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v31qxrXsxv0]YouTube - Why every guy should buy their girlfriend Wii Fit.[/ame]

DISCLAIMER - (depending on your employer) THIS VIDEO IS PROBABLY NOT SUITABLE FOR WATCHING ON YOUR WORK INTERNET!

Edited by anniedub

loved the video... but still no Wii fit here for me.

but I did go to a Water aerobics class last night, "Deep Water Workout". I am feeling it in parts of my body this morning, but will go back for the next class. It was a hoot.

And I have also noticed my hait being a bit dryer than before weight loss, but no issues with Hair loss.< /span>

Wow! You people are BUSY on this board! I went away for several days and had to read like crazy to catch up with you when I got back! A LOT has been going on with you!

DIVA????!!!!! Are you lurking out there??!!!!! PLEASE come back!!!!

Congrats Lisa!

I'm losing hair too but not as much as when I did total liquid Optifast diet a number of years ago. It freaked me out then but now I know that it will grow back.

I'm very interested in knowing if the people using Wii Fit feel that it is helping them with weight loss. I'm seeing some reviews say that it really is more about toning than weight loss and I'm wondering what you all think.

MEANWHILE---I've had quite the experience with an attempted second fill! It couldn't be done! The M.D. stuck me at LEAST a dozen times and was not able to get the needle in. :teeth_smile: It was hard on the nerves for both of us and I think I felt worse for him that I did for myself. The port is twisted and he kept hitting metal. There were no problems with the first fill. The nurse says that the port could be in a different position every time we go in. What was even worse is that they couldn't schedule me in for a fluoroscopy fill until JULY 10th!!! So I had only 1 fill 4 weeks ago and now I can't get the second one until July 10. The only positive spin I can put on this is that since he will be doing it by X-ray I know he will be able to precisely see how much fill I'll need. Hopefully, that will mean that I can get to my sweet spot more quickly. I guess it also means that I'll also get up to date verification/reassurance that the band is positioned right etc. Sigh.

Anyhow--the scale says I have FINNALY (6 weeks!) begun to lose again after a stall. I have to admit that even though the scale has only gone down 3 lbs in the last 2 months I keep going down in clothes size. For some really odd reason that I just can't understand I started looking like Charlie Chaplin in my size 14 jeans last week and I am now into size 12. I just don't get it. We're only talking 3 lbs. I switch to 14s only 3 weeks ago and they were snuggish. Now I could swim in them. Of course women jean sizes are smaller than our regular clothing sizes but at least I know something is happening.

You are all doing well. I really noticed a difference in your progress in the 7 to 10 days I was gone. Keep up all your hard and wonderful work.