Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Hi all! I think that I am one of the last ones left to go, I have a banding date of 3/31! So close, yet so far. I am in preparation mode, making lists, buying supplies, things like that. I think that I am just trying to stay busy, because I am soooooo ready for this! I swear that this is going to be the longest week of my life!!!!! I can't wait to finally start posting about my progress. Nice to meet you all!

Welcome to the group, Lisa! So great to have you and congrats on your surgery date!

I also use the daily plate.

What is the daily plate?? Web site??

Ahhhhhhhhhh.....it really feels like spring here, FINALLY!

There is still one big clump of black, ugly snow in the front yard......but I suspect it will be gone by Monday!

Did a lot of walking today....went to the grocery store....UGH....forgetting that Saturday is sample day AND root beer float day....the Special Olympics sells floats on Saturdays to raise money...hell, they'll probably go broke now! NOT REALLY, I still gave them them $2.....but the kid just didn't get why I didn't want the float!

Then took a quick walk to the corner and back.....the neighbor's horse should foal any time, I keep hoping to catch it!

Daughter and I took a spin around Sephora, too.....the SECOND happiest place on earth.....

Feeling really good, if I could shake the shoulder pain....I would be pain-free! The heating pad helps when I'm sitting down, though!

TMI Time.......haven't pooped since Tuesday.....I don't feel really cramped or bloated...I guess it's just because there's nothing there!!

Still feel fairly satisfied on my 1/2 c. cream Soup or cream of wheat in the am, so that's good!

All in all, so far, so freaking good!

Yay, Lisa! Way to slip in under the barrier! Last of the Shrinking Shamrocks!

And Harley! Way to grab that exercise! I'm really impressed with you trying to catch that foal!!! I don't know much a baby horse weighs, but I doubt *I* could catch one! And once you catch it, what do you do? Carry it around the paddock a little bit? Hold it in front of you and do sets of Colt Curls?

I tell you, we city types love our gyms, but I'm beginning to think that it's the country folk who really know how to get a great workout.

Also: BENEFIBER! The sooner the better...

Yay, Lisa! Way to slip in under the barrier! Last of the Shrinking Shamrocks!

And Harley! Way to grab that exercise! I'm really impressed with you trying to catch that foal!!! I don't know much a baby horse weighs, but I doubt *I* could catch one! And once you catch it, what do you do? Carry it around the paddock a little bit? Hold it in front of you and do sets of Colt Curls?

I tell you, we city types love our gyms, but I'm beginning to think that it's the country folk who really know how to get a great workout.

Yes, yes...that is it COLT CURLS! They are much better than conventional curls as you have to contend with hooves and an angry mare!

Last year, we were there right after the foal was born and got to watch it take it's first steps....hoping to do that again this year!

Here's last year's baby:

foal3.jpg

HI fellow March bandsters. So how are you guys doing on the mushie food diet? Me...... not good ..... :) .....and that says it all. Had a terrible day today :thumbdown: but tomorrow going to get back on track!

When I run my hand across my stomach or even look at it I can see my port sticking up, not in full detail but it's def. a bump there...kinda creepy but I'll get used to it. :) Can you guys?

Happy Easter to everyone....

heres the link to the daily plate its a free program. You can pay for a better version, but i find the free is good enough for me. Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate

Is benefiber safe? I feel so bloated and have been think about putting some Benefiber in with my Protein drinks. Which brings me to another subject that I am having a real hard time getting all my Protein and Water in. I just feel so bloated and it hurts if I try to drink. Also I tried SF Jello and that hurt going done eventhough it was almost liquid. One more question: How much excersise is safe after 3 days post op? I went to Target today and got really dizzy. I really want to go to church tomorrow since it is Easter and obviously God has been really good to me this year. Thanks All and Happy Easter.

Good morning to everyone and Happy Easter.

I am officially on my 1st day of Clear Liquids and I am enjoying some sugar free Jello right now. I cannot believe that I am being banded on the 26th it is right around the corner. I am excited but yet a little nervous all in one. I am hoping my excitement to have the surgery will get me thru the clear liquid stage without any difficulty.(yeah right) I am working on Monday and Tuesday so that will keep me busy during the day.

I am so grateful for everyone on this site for all their advise good and bad. Wish me luck!!!

Hansy, Benefiber is safe - anticipating that little problem, I asked the medical team before I checked out of the hospital. Indeed, they recommended it long term, noting that it can be hard to get in enough Fiber with a band. Go easy with it, and do your best to take in a good amount of Water.

For the first few days, when you're not 100%, intake of fluids and Protein is a bit challenging, but you'll find that you rapidly get better at it. I do believe that walking helps your guts get moving, get back to normal. Someone posted that their doc insisted that everyone do at least 30 minutes a day walking - I think that's a reasonable goal, and I think that you'll find, once you're up and at 'em, you can go longer. Just keep sipping slowly at that glass or bottle of Water throughout the day.

As far as weakness or dizziness goes, I think it's just your body getting used to exercise again after having been resting for a few days. Go slow, one step at a time, and focus on getting in your fluids and your Protein. I promise you, you're doing a lot better than you feel right now!

Just take it easy - if you feel dizzy, sit down again - but I'd bet you'll feel much better today.

As far as church goes, you could go a little early to avoid the crowds, and, if you have to, stay sitting throughout the service. And whether you go or not, God will understand the situation. Whether you're giving thanks at home or in the church, the message will be received...

Happy Easter!

Day 1 of clear fluids........OK, I bought some vegtable broth yesterday. I opened up the carton this morning and put some in a cup....oops, not clear, poured the broth back into the carton and put in the fridge. Got out the chicken broth and started again.....

I am dealing with head hunger I know. There is no way that I am really hungry this early in the morning. I have had a ice pop and some Water and broth, no way is my stomach empty. OK, I am trying to keep busy and occupy my mind with other things. I'm off to catch up on some paper work. I'm sure that will keep me busy for a while.

Happy Easter and here's to a healthier group of Shrinking Shamrocks!

Hope, have you found Isopure pre-mixed drinks? I'm a real believer in them because

1. Good source of Water

2. Excellent source of Protein - drink one and you've almost got your Protein intake for the day taken care of

3. They're clear

They're not tasty, but they're also not any worse than most sports drinks. I'm a believer!

Hi Fenton:

Actually I like the Isopure drinks. I can't have them yet though. I asked the doctor and the dietician and no Protein today or tomorrow. I will be sure to use your suggestions for when I get home from the hospital on Wednesday. (I can drink "full" liquids then)

I am REALLY glad I will be at work tomorrow. Since it is my last day prior to being out for over a week, I expect to be busy. I'm sure the time will fly then! Today I will attempt to keep myself busy. Heck, I may take a few walks!

Day 1 of clear fluids........OK, I bought some vegtable broth yesterday. I opened up the carton this morning and put some in a cup....oops, not clear, poured the broth back into the carton and put in the fridge. Got out the chicken broth and started again.....

Well, from all the supermarket research I did, the best thing about chicken broth over veggie broth is that with chicken broth you get some Protein built in vs. zero grams Protein in veggie broth. :wub: