Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Driving

Just wanting to know how long until you can drive after surgery? Dont know if I should fly or drive to Perth from Geraldton which is about 4 hours away

I couldn't have driven myself the half hour drive home from the hospital the day after surgery, even as a passenger I was a bit of a mess still and every bump in the road hurt. I think I drove on about day 4 or 5 to the local shops, walked around for about half an hour and was too exhausted to drive home. Luckily hubby was with me and drove home. I think a 4 hour drive straight after surgery (even as a passenger - unless you have GOOD pain meds) might be a bit ambitious.....

Thanks girls, I kind of knew what the answers would be but I hate the thought of being incapacitated and not being able to do for myself. I guess I will book the plane flight.

i drove day 7 and it was fine. that is a long way to drive though take someone with u if u can

regards

M:thumbup:

Have u got a date for your op ?

and who is your Dr who will do the op ?

Chez:rolleyes2:

I have a date for the 19th March with Dr Watson in Perth. I am going down on Tuesday the 4th for an initial consult. I think I will fly. I have to go by myself my DH will be working so I just want to get home asap.

I am flying in on the 4th from Esperance ,going to the Rod Stewart concert on the 5th ,my Mum fly's in on the 6th from Sydney and I am to be banded on the 10th at Bethesda by Tony Kierath .

I thought you could have been the same day as me !!

I am really starting to get the jitters and questioning myself if I am doing the right thing .:blushing:

Are you staying down till the op or flying back ?

Hope to hear back soon ,Cheza

I am flying in on the 4th from Esperance ,going to the Rod Stewart concert on the 5th ,my Mum fly's in on the 6th from Sydney and I am to be banded on the 10th at Bethesda by Tony Kierath .

I thought you could have been the same day as me !!

I am really starting to get the jitters and questioning myself if I am doing the right thing .:blushing:

Are you staying down till the op or flying back ?

Hope to hear back soon ,Cheza

I seen Rod Stewart last time he was here it was a great night.

I am flying down Tuesday morning seeing Watson Tuesday afternoon, unfortunately cant get a flight back until Wednesday night (I tried for Tuesday night but no go)

I will go back in 2 weeks have op Wednesday and hopefully will be home on Thursday and recovering over the easter break and back to work. Am I hoping for too much?

I have not had any second thoughts yet I cant wait, I have a teeny tiny hesitation that I am saying goodbye to food as I fondly know it but its a small price to pay to wear beautiful clothes and feel good about myself. Its a big step and Im probably going to wonder what the heck I am doing as the day approaches but nothing will stop me.:wub::lol:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches