Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twenties NSVs

My favorite store has always been Forever 21. Before it was just, I would buy whatever fit. Now I actually have to pick and choose because I like so much and more and more clothes are starting to fit! I have no idea how skinny people do it!!!! I'm gonna be buying everything! I spent $88 hahhaha...

I have no idea how skinny people do it!!!! quote]

I've always thought that!! LoL, it's so awesome now having more and more choices of stores to shop in and clothes to wear! Man...I'm gonna be on like shopping overload whenever I reach my goal, I think I'll probably just give up shopping cause it's gonna be way too dang hard w/ all those choices!

*edit* i'm not sure why the quote thing didn't work...sorry guys!

My mind is free of Lane Bryant!

My newest NSV, among many (they've become innumerable), is that my sense of style has changed. Or should I say evolved? IDK. I have always been a great dresser...no modesty where that's concerned:cool2:...BUT I find myself gravitating towards different styles now. Variety! Variety! Variety!

Its like Im learning to dress all over again! Fabulous!

Kid+Candy Store=ME!

My latest NSV is...one of my favorite shirts from last summer has now become my nightgown! Its hot here in the city and Ive run out of sleep clothes (too hot for laundromat). So either I sleep in the buff and give my neighbors a free show or wear something from my current wardrobe. This shirt was in the "wear" drawer so I put it on. To my delight it is swimming. No free show tonight!

I have a sort of weird question for everyone...

Now that you've lost weight, do you feel more naked when you are naked? I do.

Edited by chocolate_snaps

Just had a recent non-scale victory yesterday..

I uploaded some pictures to my Facebook account a couple weeks ago - photos of me with friends, and a couple of me just posing and being goofy in this pink dress I was wearing.

A girl I graduated with is on my Facebook friends' list. We haven't seen each other since high school. As kids, she used to tease me for being heavier than she was. As adults, I don't really keep in touch with her, but there's no bad blood or anything between us.

She commented on one picture of me, "OMG! You look great! You look so tiny in this pic!"

It kinda made my day. *lol*

OH I LOVE NSVs: Here are mine (even though I havent lost a lot of weight) my neighbor was walking down the street the other day, hadnt seen her in a long time and she was like OMG you look like you have lost a lot of weight...plz tell me what youre doing cuz I need to be doing it too...lol

2. I had to go get a bridesmaid dress for a friends wedding...we tried on dresses last dec. and I tried on the same dress in a size 24 and it was tight....I bought my dress last week in a size 20 and it has to be taken in!!!!

3. I had this fav pair of jeans that I bought from lane bryant....well I jsut had to toss them bc ppl kept telling me that they were sagging so bad in the butt...lol so now I am back in my old pair of fav jeans but even they are too big:)

4. my boss has been out sick for a LONG time and she came back the other day and said...wow kanina your face looks so skinny......:)

5. I got wistled at by a construction worker granted he wasnt so hot but I havent been wistled at in FOREVER (except for by my hubby).....

SecretStolen and Kaninag those are great! I need to change my Facebook pic.

My latest NSV is that I rode every Roller Coaster at Dorney Park last Saturday. I was so happy because I have never been able to ride everything there EVER! I used to be to fat for all but 2 coasters. On Saturday I rode with no worries, every buckle clicked and needed tightening.

One coaster video tapes your ride, the Talon. My video tape was amazing. I looked so happy, just like I felt. It was pure joy.

For the first time in a long time I am truly happy. I love my band.

The Best NSV ever!

MUCH CONGRATS!!!

I'll give you a funny NSV...I have had the same bathing suit for 2 years.....it has gotten so big on me that the other day I came up out of the Water and the top had fallen down...luckily I was alone...lol Now I cant find swimsuits anywhere!!!

So I have had a couple of NSV.

-My stomach no longer touches or rubs against my steering wheel

-I went to my personal trainer and I lost inches over my whole body execpt for one spot.

-I can now where the low cut sexy bras

These are so inspiring! It's so very important to keep in mind that the number on the scale isn't the only reason we're doing this... I'm sharing a couple of my first 'significant' NSVs.

--The shorts I wore in my "before" photo (which were tight everywhere, and looked like 1980s coaching shorts) are now loose all the way around my thighs, and the waistband actually slips down to my hips! I've never had to tie the drawstring before...

--On my way to a conference this past weekend, I flew for the first time since my surgery. On BOTH trips, I had to TIGHTEN the seatbelt after buckling it! :hurray: I've always had to let the stupid thing out a few inches...

--On the flights mentioned above, my stomach was 4-5 inches away from the tray table when I let it down! :wink2: I didn't have to "suck it in" just to write down my notes.

--My thighs/hips stayed between the armrests in my seat; no more overhang for me! :)

NEW NSV!!!

Even though my scale isnt moving my clothes are still getting smaller. Im so okay with that! But here's the news:

I CAN WALK IN HEELS ALL DAY!

As of TODAY I am an official Gap size 18! "Falling into" the Gap has been a major goal of mine. Really an obsession.

I have officially been evicted from the shoe section at the Avenue. I have been loving the Cloudwalkers for the last few years, my shoe collection is full of the things. Having never had wide feet, I was getting away with just buying a size down but now even the next size down is fitting loose. Its bitter sweet because Ive been eyeing a hot pair of sandals and half of my shoe collection doesnt fit anymore.

this might be a stupid NSV but...I climed though a window the other day! It was awesome to not have my weight hold me back...I was able to climb thought my friends window and half myself inside! lol

I officially can't buy panties at LB anymore!!!!!!

And I shopped their 14/16 tops last time I went, and they are really blousy.. so I'm almost done with them for good!

I really think that we need to establish a thread dedicated to our NonScale Victories. So here it is:

I had the best thing happened to me this weekend. But overall it was a week and weekend filled with NSVs and reassurances. I met 2 successful bandsters. Men are flirting, new ones and ones Ive known for years. WIERD!

I was hanging out at my Bestie's (Jenny) house. She pulled out a picture of me from about 3 years ago. I finally saw the difference. I was a mountain. I looked swollen, full, and SO MISERABLE. Whats sad is that I remember that day and I thought I looked so cute, I looked a mess.

This whole time I havent been seeing the change. I figured that I need 30 to 40 more lbs before there was a perciveable difference. I WAS SO WRONG! I am a new woman, NOW!

Later, a friend of hers stopped by. When she came to say hi to me, she looked at me weird then said, "Did you lose weight? Oh my god you lost A LOT of weight!" I told her about the band (I really couldnt help myself).

Later that night Jenny tells me that her friend said that (here's the best part) I looked like a "totally different person" than I did before. This girl is honest if she isnt anything else which makes it all the more amazing.

It was a that moment that I felt the absolute truth of it all: I do feel like a whole different person. I am a different person.

This one was long so I will write my other NSV later. Maybe Ill start a blog.

Congrats on your succuss!