Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggling with OptiFast!

How much jelly do you put in the shakes? Is it ok to have your daily vegies and mix it with Soup? I cant get hold of the pudding up here but Im off to Perth n Tuesday so I will look there. If you have a pudding in the day can you still have soup at night? Sorry for all the questions but suddenly it has hit me this is really happening and in the next couple of days!!

How much jelly do you put in the shakes? Is it ok to have your daily vegies and mix it with Soup? I cant get hold of the pudding up here but Im off to Perth n Tuesday so I will look there. If you have a pudding in the day can you still have soup at night? Sorry for all the questions but suddenly it has hit me this is really happening and in the next couple of days!!

Check with your Dr, but if it is the strict Optifast version you usually have one Optiproduct for each meal + 2 cups of non-startch vege and bonox, stock cube, jelly etc.

So for example you could have a shake for Breakfast, a bar for lunch, a soup with veges for dinner with jelly for desert.

If you go to the following site it will tell you what you should have each meal.

https://www.optifast.com.au/template/get_started.jsp?visitedGetStarted=_2

Just remember that the first 3-4 days are the hardest, after that you shouldn't feel so hungry. And the most important thing to remember is just how lovely and small your liver will be for the op.

Good luck

Danna:thumbup:

Check with your Dr, but if it is the strict Optifast version you usually have one Optiproduct for each meal + 2 cups of non-startch vege and bonox, stock cube, jelly etc.

So for example you could have a shake for Breakfast, a bar for lunch, a Soup with veges for dinner with jelly for desert.

If you go to the following site it will tell you what you should have each meal.

https://www.optifast.com.au/template/get_started.jsp?visitedGetStarted=_2

Just remember that the first 3-4 days are the hardest, after that you shouldn't feel so hungry. And the most important thing to remember is just how lovely and small your liver will be for the op.

Good luck

Danna:thumbup:

My Dr has requested a total optidiet only. 3 Optifast products a day. No extras. Unless starving then a cup of veges but only if you can’t handle just the 3 optimeals a day. So far I've managed just the optifast for the past week. I have all 4 products so I don't get bored of just the milkshakes. The bars are good because you're actually eating something. Not just drinking it.

I think we get the raw deal, I know in america they have the Optifast stuff as well and I have heard so many times of people that have something starting with Mc or Mu and they say it's good, when I do eventually go on the optifast I think I'm going to be screwed, I mean can you add vanilla ice cream to the vanilla one? lol and the same with the choc? Lol probably not. Or can you try finding sugar/fat free yoghurt and doing that and making it into a kind of smoothie?

I think we get the raw deal, I know in america they have the Optifast stuff as well and I have heard so many times of people that have something starting with Mc or Mu and they say it's good, when I do eventually go on the Optifast I think I'm going to be screwed, I mean can you add vanilla ice cream to the vanilla one? lol and the same with the choc? Lol probably not. Or can you try finding sugar/fat free yoghurt and doing that and making it into a kind of smoothie?

Sarah,

If you are on the strict 3 times a day diet, sorry no dairy products - no milk (icecream) or yoghurt (not even soy based ones).:thumbup:

Try adding calorie free essences - coconut or rum to the chocolate etc You can add vanilla essence to the vanilla to give it more taste, or use a diet lime cordial and have a lime shake. Just have to be inventive.

Danna

Celebrity Slim is much better in taste than Optifast, and I think substantially the same.

Yes it is similar as is Tony Ferguson, but some Drs want you to do Optifast and nothing else because apparently at the moment it is the only one proven to have all the nutrients etc. Always check with you Dr before you vary the pre-op diet.

Danna

Day 1 of Optifast and shouldnt I still be excited about this new journey and loving this crap? NOOOOOOO I am hungry

Day 1 of Optifast and shouldnt I still be excited about this new journey and loving this crap? NOOOOOOO I am hungry

It does get better, after 3-4 days the hunger really drops, so you really need to try to last that long without cheating. :)

Believe me, it really is worth it to be able to have the op safely and it's a great kick start to your new life.

Hang in there you can make it. :):thumbup:

Danna

I thought the Cappuccino bar would be much nicer than it is, but I was pleasantly suprised by the coffee shake. I feel a little bit panicked I think that my security blanket has been removed from me. So many of my weekly routines revolved around food, tomorrow night would be takeaway night now what. I can do it, I have chosen this path its just taking some getting used to.

I cant get hold of the pudding up here but Im off to Perth n Tuesday so I will look there.

How did you get getting a hold of the desert. I thought it'd be quite nice but out of everything, that's the one thing I don't like - it's like swamp sludge. eugh.

I love the choc bars which is good when you need to chew something and feel like you're eating & I really love the mixed vege Soup. Thought I'd died and gone to heaven the first time I had one of those.

I think we get the raw deal, I know in america they have the Optifast stuff as well and I have heard so many times of people that have something starting with Mc or Mu and they say it's good,

Are you thinking of Macleods?