Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Users-Banded a year or more

Hello everyone! I thought I would start a place for us slow losers who are a year or more past our surgery. I like the other slow losers thread, but I think those of us who have lost a small amount over an entire year or more need our own place to discuss our specific issues.

I am so glad you started this post. I have been banded 18 months and am still 40 lbs from my goal. I actually stopped loosing about 9 months after my surgery even though i was still getting fills and have stayed the same since. It is so frustrating no matter how much I try I still stay the same.Argggggg

Nana,

Are you exercising? I can't lose at all unless I exercise at least 5 days but it's better if I do it 6 days a week.

I have had my band for over a year but I haven't lost anything since about

September. I am really hoping now that I am back from visiting my dad out of state that I can concentrate on eating right and exercising more.

Those people in the at or near goal thread really had a hard time losing the last bit and had to exercise like crazy. I like exercise and don't mind doing it at all, but like anything else, I have to fit it in. I am not one to go at 5 in the morning, either.

I have been really frustrated because I haven't lost anything since December. I exercise all the time and I haven't been eating junk. My portions are so small, I don't see how it's possible not to lose. I was

down 2 more lbs this morning, but this weekend is my daughter's baby

shower, so I will no doubt have a piece of cake.

It's so maddening that something like that will cause me to gain 2 lbs

which will take at least a month to lose. It sucks being a slow loser!

I am a slow loser. I've been banded 21 months and I am down 105 lbs. 65 postop, 40 preop. I am trying to lose my last 30 lbs. I am 10 lbs from plastic surgery. I joined weight watchers so that is helping me with my calaric intake. I keep my points to 20 points a day which is 1k calories. I lost .7 lbs my first week and I believe I am down at least 2 lbs this week. I am back on track and very motivated for my plastic surgery.

Good job, Julie. I seem to do well until there is some event where there is going to be food.

I did well all week long but had a band weekend of eating the wrong things all weekend. Too many activities around food. I don't seem to have any willpower when it's around me. If anyone has any suggestions, I would sure like to hear them. I can't seem to look at

baked things and watch everyone else eat them. I did good all day yesterday, but caved in during the evening. Then it threw off today too.

I have to get a handle on this or I will never get to goal!

AthinnerDenise: I may have suggestion but take it for what it is worth as I am a slow loser also. Are you eating "hard" Protein every four hours. If you are, then you should not be hungry. If you are giving into your desire to eat sweets because you find it hard to watch everyone else, then you must plan for those moments. Have in your refrigerator an alternative sweet which is low calorie. Take a small bread and butter plate and eat very slowly. Make your treat stretch out. NEVER DENY YOURSELF. If you are anything like me, denying yourself preys on your mind until you end up binging. If you do take a 'normal' sweet, savour it by eating it as slowly as possible. If you know you can eat sweets, more than likely you will find you really don't want it as badly as you thought. I think, we all know the tricks but this time, with the band, we should be able to control the amount we take in. So have your sweet but in moderation. Doddie

Yes I eat hard Protein and I am doing fine. I am 5 lbs from my goal now, and I am avoiding going over to my friend's house that always offers me brownies, Cookies, cake, candy etc. The funny part is she wants to get banded.

I told her she would never lose weight even with the band the way she eats.

I don't expect it to happen very fast. I have lost 7 lbs since I got this fill in Dec. So it will probably take me another 4 months to lose 5 more.

As long as I am moving in the right direction, I am thrilled.

I'm a slow user.

AND a slow loser, now. A "winded rabbit" as we used to call them.

How far away from goal are you? I remember seeing your posts in other threads. Did you make it half-way then slow down considerably?