Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Users-Banded a year or more

Good Morning everyone! I am up and heading out to the gym this AM for the first time in a very long time. I hope I can keep this up and make it to goal.

hi everyone slow loser here. banded in oct 2007. lost 64 pounds. have not lost anything since june 2008. need to lose 40 more. i excercise 4 days a week and eat right 90% of the time. i ave not gained anything so i should be happy but i am so frustrated. this platuea is killing me. has anyone broken through a plateauand if so please help. thanks!!!!!

I had a 4 month plateau that I broke through by going back to the liquid diet. It was hell but I did it. 4 Protein Drinks per day. I can count calories until dooms day, but some how some extra calories manage to sneak their way in there. Somehow telling myself I am on the liquid diet, 4 shakes per day, gives me the willpower to not put anything else in my mouth. I need to do it again.

Hi all,

I definately consider myself a slow loser. I was banded February 2007 and to date have only lost a total of 37lbs. I haven't even broken the 200lb mark which frustrates me the most. I go through spurts where I excercise a lot but got a little lazy over the holidays. I have seen my surgeon pretty regularly every other month and have always gotten a fill. I asked at my last visit what I could do about it and the suggestion was to add a Protein shake to my diet. Miraculously I found one right away that I like and I add Peanut Butter and skim milk to it and drink it for Breakfast. i never ate Breakfast before so I know this is a move in the right direction. I have been doing this for almost a week now and to my dismay i have actually gained a pound. Should i be concerned that these shakes are going to cause me to gain weight? i am just so tired of being stuck at this plateau. I have been hovering the 210 mark for probably 6 months now. i know I should be glad i am not gaining. but i really want to break 200. Any words of wisdom?

Sincerely,

Tina

No, the Protein shake in the morning should not make you gain weight. You do need to eat breakfast.

Are you eating a lot of carbs during the day? I lose the best when I stick with meat and veggies only.

I have had a hard time even eating carbs since I got the band. i don't eat rice, bread or anything like that on a regular basis. I don't think i get enough Protein since it is really hard for be to eat meats. What are good sources of protein that are easy to eat?

If you can't eat meat, you are too tight. The band is meant to work with hard Protein. People who can't eat hard protein, don't lose well. Even having the tiniest bit of saline taken out, will make a huge difference.

Hi tdosal,

In the meantime, while you are waiting to get a de-fill (if you should decide to do that) you can have things like hummus, or a combination of rice and Beans, milk, yogurt and eggs or egg whites if you can't handle whole eggs.

I would see how you do over a couple of weeks, as sometimes adding food makes our body have to adjust and then it will realize you aren't starving yourself and use those extra calories.

At least I'm certainly hoping so! And that's the theory I've heard.

Mary

I have just found this forum and I can appreciate it. I am 22 months having my lapband and have lost about 60 pounds. I workout regularly and do have an occasional back track however I had hoped I would be like gastirc bypass losers at this point and have lost another 60 after almost two years. I am getting discouraged and know that like tonight I had a piece of chocolate cake and shouldn't have. Just good to know I can tlak aobut it.

I know what you mean, Me-Me. It is easier to stick to a strict regime of eating if you are seeing results. But if after a while the weight isn't coming off, it is much easier to eat inappropriately, as you wonder what the point is of "being good".

I'm still working on it, because I so desperately want this to work, want to be thin, and want to stop thinking about this and my weight.

Keep up your resolve. I've started to track every thing I eat to see if I am not eating as much vegetables or fruit as I think I am. I'm hoping it will make me choose better food (even if I am already eating quite healthily, there may be room for improvement)

Mary

Great web site! I, too, am a slow loser. It was frustrating at first, but I am not where I used to be. Banded April 2008, lost 55 pounds to date.

Hi: I consider myself a slow loser. 80 lbs in over two years. The only thing that keeps my sanity is to track on Fitday all food and to chart my weight. I think I have had a great week if I post a .2 loss. This link really encourages me from saying "to heck with it". To be positive, I have been taken off all diabetic pills and had the blood pressure pills reduced by 75% so in that area, I guess I should be happy.

Anyway, it is nice to be on a site that has similar problams. Whoever started it, my thanks.

Oh gad! I'm super slow compared to many of you. lol I've only lost 30lbs since 11/14/07. But I'm not letting that get me down. I'm back and in effect!!

I agree Doddie,

I bought a program too, called Diet Power, and I track all my Water, food and exercise. It keeps me accountable, and I can see why I may have not lost anything one week or perhaps even gained another.

I'm happy to have lost what I have and consider myself a lot better off than a year or so ago, so I'm still in it for the long haul!

Keep your chin(s) up!

what yall 2? i tought it was only me...... wow theres actually other slow loossers....i had surgery 2/8/07 i have lost 65 pounds only i thought that by this time i would be at goal....o dear im still fat its so hard to loosse this weight......we just have to keep on trying...lol