Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Users-Banded a year or more

Most anit depressants do cause weight gain.Birth control can cause weight gain too.

The only thing you can do to combat these medications is lots and lots of cardio. See my post above to see if you are exercising in your target heart rate for weight loss. You need to do at least 5 days a week in your target heart rate for at least 45 min each time. I had to hire a trainer to get me there and learn all of this, but it was worth it.

Thanks for your reply. I have discontinued my birth control and am working with my doctor to wean myself off the Paxil. I'm hoping that once I get off these, the weight may come off easier - though I'm not hoping for a miracle, as I don't exercise like I should. That's one thing I need to REALLY work on.

Hi Everyone. This is the best thread I've found for myself due to the fact I will be celebrating my 1st year band-aversary the 29th of this month. I have only lost 42 pounds and most of that was within the first 4 months. I have had some real issues with plateaus. It is great to finally know that I'm not alone with evil issues of slow weight loss. It's great to hear encouragements and ideas for continuing the fight for success. Keep up the good work.

Hey slow losers - anyone out there tonight? How'd your weekend go? :eek: Let's see if we can encourage each other to keep up the excercise routine or am I the only one who is on again and off with that topic?

hi i am new at this even though i had my band done in jan 2007 i have lost 40 lbs and yo yo'd even though i eat less food, have all meds and Proteins suggested and no sweets or junk -- i am STUCK! -- i have gone back up ( not quite to pre op but getting there--!!! ) and i am noting but frustrated. I am not givingup but looking for a way to jump start this without killing myself. Thanks for starting this tread-- i am so computer stupid i hope i can find you guys again -- this lifted my spirits!

i had problems with the fills but reading some of this makes me think i need to go back up in fill and re adjust the liquids first and formost-- maybe i moved to fast from one to another.

Hope to you all again here on this with ideas and thoughts-- anything helps you not feel so alone. Keep thinking somethingis wrong with me inside not to be able to drop weight easy enought when I went thru the whole 10 bit-- dr's and surgery and it is still hanging on me!

Hi Motormouth! I would suggest going to Portion Control or back on liquids for 2 - 3 days and make sure you are getting in 30 minutes of excercise. It does sound like you might need a fill. Hang in there:) Make sure you're getting your Protein.< /p>

diva4--

thanks for responding-- it does help to knowothers out there are trying and doing to get the same results. just never thought it would be something that we do and then it "doesn't work" or we got something screwy going on that is stopping that "little" bit every month, that we look forward to.

It is quite depressing and a real struggle. I know life goes on but with thisi feel like it is going on without me! maybe we can catch each other in here and find a way over the hill and make it just a bump.

Was thinking about that fill tonite. i had to cancel my last appt but i went up to a 7 amd it was like restricting but i cuold not keep Water down. --then went to 6.5 and the next timei was in they had this survery asking you if you throw up-- i said yes because sometimes i did --thinking i was not chewing right or too much -- getting signels mixed etc. but the doc went a head and brough me back down to a 6 and i gained everything i lost back.

So i was thinking to go back to liquids and get appt with the clinic and tell theni have beenon liquids etc. and see if they will put the 6.5 back in or even retry the 7.

is that what you would do?

diva4 -- by the way -- since i cant figure out anything by computers and thisis the frist "chat" thing i have done -- i just found out it went to my email to notify me(?) gee is that new??? LOL!

anyway thanks for 2 lessons tonite! now i know people do respond and do care!

if you don't get an email, go to user cp and it should bring you right to any thread you have posted to.

I was a slow loser too. It was very maddening. do a search on the 5 day pouch test. That should get things moving. Are you getting your exercise in? I am sure I would not have lost anything if I wasn't religious with my exercise.

athinnerdenise,

At the very risk of sounding very stupid--- here goes:

what is the "CP"?

AND

what is a "5 day test pouch" ?

I have never heard of that before. is that something new?

So for me here to another "lesson" day --I think i may begin to enjoy this! "talk" and learning too! you can't beat that! ,aybe with the help of this I can get blessed enought to find a way to beat this "weight issue" and NOT give up!

and YES!!!! right now i am laughing at myself since i can imagine everyone else knows these answers! :laugh::thumbup:

thanks!

Motormouth we all have to start somewhere. This is the best place. The "cp" tab is on the home page on the left hand side right under the picture display. Click on that and it will take you to your client profile.

I think it's best to keep the doctor informed of any problems that are occuring. And it doesn't hurt to let them know the dissapointments either. Every doctor is different and how they handle their clients. I have had as little as a .25cc fill because my stomach swells after the fill and it causes too much restriction. So sometimes a little can be enough. Too much and it can be misarable. The main thing is keep on trying different things and bounce things off of us to see if anyone has the same issues. :laugh:

Thanks for your reply. I have discontinued my birth control and am working with my doctor to wean myself off the Paxil. I'm hoping that once I get off these, the weight may come off easier - though I'm not hoping for a miracle, as I don't exercise like I should. That's one thing I need to REALLY work on.

I just wanted to, as a nurse, that there are low dose birth control methods that you can try that do not cause weight gain. My fav is the NuvaRing. Its the lowest dose of hormone possible and it only works where it needs to and doesn't effect the entire body like oral pills do. Hope this helps because as i want you to lose the weight I don't want you to get pregnant if you don't want to :thumbup:.

athinnerdenise,

At the very risk of sounding very stupid--- here goes:

what is the "CP"?

AND

what is a "5 day test pouch" ?

I have never heard of that before. is that something new?

So for me here to another "lesson" day --I think i may begin to enjoy this! "talk" and learning too! you can't beat that! ,aybe with the help of this I can get blessed enought to find a way to beat this "weight issue" and NOT give up!

and YES!!!! right now i am laughing at myself since i can imagine everyone else knows these answers! :thumbup::lol:

thanks!

I'm not sure what "CP" is but the 5 day pouch test is a meal plan that progresses from liquids to mussie to solids that helps lengthen the time between fills. There is a thread on her somewhere that outlines the plan. I have never tried it but I hear it works. Maybe something good to try .

The user Cp stands for control panel. It's right at the top of the screen on the left side. It will bring you to every thread you have posted on.

The five day pouch test is where you do liquids for 2 days, then 2 days of mushy and one day of solid Protein like chicken breast. up at the right of this screen, there is a place to search. if you put in 5 day pouch test, you can probably read all about it. I will try to find it.

http://www.5daypouchtest.com/

Edited by Oregondaisy