Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tattoos anyone?

I was thinking about this for a long time. Other than new clothes and a hot new bod, anybody dream of getting something for you once you hit goal?

For me, I would actually like to get a tattoo. Yes, I am 41yrs old, never been inked, but have secretly wanted one for a while. If I lose 100lbs I'd like to get one to Celebrate my loss and my journey.

Have always liked fairies or flowers, so now that we are the Nov. Nymphs it's almost definate that it would be along that lines. Sades I really like the pic in your sig. Think that would make a great tat. Would it be o.k to use it? Now thinking about where to put it. Back shoulder, chest, ankle. Anyone have any? Where are yours? Do you regret getting one? Any advice?

I don't have a problem with you using the pic in my signature Wnt2lose. I found it online but can't remember which site. I don't have any tattoos myself but have a couple of friends who do. One has one on the top end of her buttocks and another one has a couple on her ankle... very tiny ones. Why don't you get some of those false ones on in the areas you think would be good and see if you like them. Good luck.

I am a tattoo girl!

I have three and will DEFINITELY get another one WHEN (notice, there is no IF) I make my goal!

My plan is hibiscus flowers on my arm....one for every ten pounds I lose!

BTW....I got my first tatto at 40!

I have a tattoo on my foot of a flower and I LOOOOVE it. I plan on getting a dragon on my back ( a small one) when I hit goal. That's one of my rewards

I was thinking about this for a long time. Other than new clothes and a hot new bod, anybody dream of getting something for you once you hit goal?

For me, I would actually like to get a tattoo. Yes, I am 41yrs old, never been inked, but have secretly wanted one for a while. If I lose 100lbs I'd like to get one to Celebrate my loss and my journey.

Have always liked fairies or flowers, so now that we are the Nov. Nymphs it's almost definate that it would be along that lines. Sades I really like the pic in your sig. Think that would make a great tat. Would it be o.k to use it? Now thinking about where to put it. Back shoulder, chest, ankle. Anyone have any? Where are yours? Do you regret getting one? Any advice?

I got my first Tattoo at the age of 43 LOL and I now have 5. I have the eternity symbol on the top of my foot for my DH. I have the pink ribbon on the inside of my wrist for my sister. I have a butterfly for my son on my right ankle and a sunflower on my left ankle for my daughter and two butterflies above it for my grandsons. I recently last August had a portrait of my son on my upper left shoulder I love them all!

I have a tattoo on my hip of a shamrock. I love it. I got it for my 30th birthday.

i am not a november person but i do love tattoos. i have 8. i do plan on having more work done. we should post pictures of our tattoos.

I've got two. The first one I got was a gift from my daughter when I turned 45. A butterfly on my left shoulder . The second one I got was last July. I was 51 then. I have a sun, moon and 5 stars on my right ankle.

I can't wait for the next one!

I say go for it!

I always wanted to get a tattoo; I will get a small Buddha sitting on a lotus flower on my lower back. That will be my reward for making my goal weight.

I have eight tattoos. Got my first one when I was sixteen, just got my latest one a few months ago on the back of my neck. I'm 48 years old. So watch out, they are addicting. The one rule I follow with my tattoos is I need to be able to cover them if I need to. No tattoos lower than my elbow or on my hands or feet. The only exception to this is the one on my ankle and they have become pretty acceptable anymore but if I need to I can wear pants to cover it. All the rest of mine can be covered with normal clothing. My tattoos are located on my lower stomach (got destroyed by pregnancy), my left butt cheek, two on my left ankle (one on the outside, one on the inside), right upper arm, left shoulder, right breast (entire circumference), and back of neck.

The only other rule I have is no names. It's bad luck.

Make sure it's something you are willing to live with for the rest of your life. Sort of like the band! LOL

When I lose my weight I want to get a tramp stamp (very lower back) so when I'm riding my Harley and my shirt rides up you can see it :cursing:

Have fun!!!

I am not a nov babie either... but oh do I love tattoos. I have one on my back... and Amy Brown style tattoo Fairy Tattoos: Amy Brown Fantasy and Faery Art: The Official Online Gallery (for those who love fairies and all things fairy orientated). I am finishing up and arm sleeve with plans to contine and finish my back. I do not regret my tats. I waited until I had my kids (31) before I got my first one. It was a big one 4x6 area. If you do go get one... Please share the pic of it.

I got my first tattoo when I was in my 40's. Do you see a pattern here? It's a Celtic cross with a rose and it's above my ankle. I have my next design picked out and I really want it on the inside of my wrist but I'm struggling with having a visible tattoo. I think I'll go ahead and get it done for my 50th birthday this summer. I think it's a great way to reward yourself especially because they are so personal.

I think it's funny that my identical twin daughters, who never dressed alkike while they were growing up, got identical tattoos when they were about 21. :)

For me, there's nothing I love so much that I'd want to keep it the rest of my life. But for those who like them, enjoy!

ooooh tats are a secret love of mine...too bad I know that I cant over do it because...well, it doesnt look very professional. I have 4 already in coverable areas...well except my first one, which happens to be my favorite!! I got it on my ankle for some God forsaken reason, I guess I never saw past me being big and not showing my legs (I never wore shorts until I lost a lot of weight, and still felt weird wearing them). I always had a very large lower-body (from my hips and butt down) and never in a million years thought I would even want to wear a skirt or dress. When I lost a lot of weight I started wanting to wear cute little tea-length dresses and skirts, and now I cant where ever I work because its unprofessional...wish I could have seen past my weight at the time and gotten it somewhere more coverable :) I plan on getting more tats, but in my other easy to cover areas. So far I have the one on my ankle (a zodiac Scorpio M, custom-made), one on each foot along my flip-flop line so thats its easy to cover in almost any kind of shoe (a hot pink star on each foot) and a small one on my neck that my hair covers 99% of the time (a cursive J with a small heart above it)....All my tats have meanings and I wouldnt take them back for anything, just wish I could move the one on my ankle...unfortunately its permanent lol! But I manage, a bandage, liquid latex, makeup and pantyhose go along way, but most of the time I just opt for pants....So my warning...DO IT, but think about the placement before you get it done...get what YOU want, no matter what anyone else says, and ALWAYS ALWAYS pick a great tattoo artist :grouphug:

I think it's funny that my identical twin daughters, who never dressed alkike while they were growing up, got identical tattoos when they were about 21. :tt2:

For me, there's nothing I love so much that I'd want to keep it the rest of my life. But for those who like them, enjoy!

My twin daughters are 22.....

I have one tattoe around my ankle, a band of flowers that I got about 8 years ago when DH and I were dating... I want another but haven't decided where and what yet....