Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

How is everyone doing with the weight loss...I have lost almost 50 lb since I began the process in Sept. Slow process but it is working! I have only had .5 added to my band.

Anyone else have an update they would like to share?

Hi Dee,

Well Im down 63.5 since I started and like you said. Slow and steady!! I wish it was faster but hey anything is better than nothing.

hi all!! HELP i'm getting frustrated!!! i feel no resriction whatsoever, and i don't know if i'm supposed to. i've been eating the right things, trying my best not to splurge, like i ate a whole grilled chicken breast for dinner tonight, and i'm HUNGRY! i'm trying to keep full with nuts and cheese and protiens but i find its not working. i know its real soon i was just banded on the 9th of march but can anyone share what they did. besides the incisions i dont feel any different.

Akirrastar,

For some it doesnt really "work" until you get some fill in there. I know you have your appointment coming up so I guess you will hopefully get a fill. Have you lost any weight? It seems like you are working on sheer willpower. Make sure you tell them that at your appointment or they will be tempted to tell you that you dont need a fill.

Good luck

Rain

Akirrastar,

Rain is right, if you don't have a fill, for some of us, its not enough to have the band alone for work for us.. Also, if you have the Realize Band, they don't put anything in at the time of surgery either..

So far I have had 4 fills and I have felt little restriction with every fill but not really for very long. After the last one about 1 week ago, I am feeling some restriction now thru-out the day. I hope it lasts. But next month at my next appointment, if possible, I am going to try for another fill, maby just a little bit more should do it.

Just remember, everyone is different. That's one of the truest things I have learned at the support meetings. Also, everytime I go to a meeting, I walk out of the meeting with more encouragement and faith that I will eventually achieve my goal than I had when I walked into the meeting.

Good luck..

shar

my dr. is aaron hoffman also . i had my surgery 3-2-09. i think hes great. i was in for 28 minutes was all. lisa is awesome. shes aggressive with the insurance companies. funny story about dr. hoffman. he was in the gift shop buying gum he chews alot of it. well anyway i was in there buying Water on one of our last visits before surgery. he walked over and said "i hope your not in here for candy". scared the hell out of me.. you never know where your dr may be hiding out spying on you.

Akirrastar,

For some it doesnt really "work" until you get some fill in there. I know you have your appointment coming up so I guess you will hopefully get a fill. Have you lost any weight? It seems like you are working on sheer willpower. Make sure you tell them that at your appointment or they will be tempted to tell you that you dont need a fill.

Good luck

Rain

Hey ladies thanks for the advice, i def. will bring it up. i've gained 2 lbs rain which is making me crazy!! i think its because i'm afraid to eat tooo much so i'v been really watching my calories, maybe i'm not eating enough for me to burn calories. i've been at the gym, on the treadmill 45 min the elyptical 10 min, i took a step class today, i'm not gaining anymore. the nurses told me not to stress out about it, i would gain a lb or two before i start to lose again, but HELLO this was the point of my band, to lose weight. i know its a learning process so i'm trying to be patient. thanks for letting me vent. hope you guys are doing well.

Hi everyone, great job Rain and Dee on the weight loss. I too have probably lost 50 lbs but keep gaining the same 3lbs back - lose 3 gain 3.:thumbup: Seriously, does anyone recommend a therapist/couselor/pscyhiatirst who specializes in food issues? I asked my husbands psychiatirst who coincidentally had GPS and he suggested someone but the nurse forgot to give it to me. I think it was Lelitto or something similar. Is that the one who BGH sends patients to for pre op? Does anyone know him or recommend him? HELP! My band is working, I have restriction but my head is not working.

Linda,

Lelitto is the Psych that Caruanna sends his patients to for pre-op. I did go to him at the very beginning of my process because I wasn't hearing from BGH at all after about 2 months and I was getting discouraged so I was acturally going to go thru the Caruanna process for Gastric Bypass. Wow, just saying that scares me.. THat's how despirate I was at the time ! Lelito was nice. He is right on Main Street in Williamsville.

shar

Hi everyone. I was just banned last Monday, and I feel great. It was a rough start. I was back in the hospital Thursday night after throwing up all day, so I had to be UNFILLED! I felt grat after that. I really don't know who I'm going to eat food when I am full after drinking a quarter cup of tea. I'm not aloud to take any meds or Vitamins, not even my Protein Shake. I see him tomorrow. So we will see where it goes. I still feel restricted but not like I did on Thursday.

Hi everyone, I don't know if you heard but my Lapband conference in NYC was cancelled and I lost my airfare. Most importantly I was upset over not going to the conference. I am trying again. Obesity Help.com is having a conference in Chicago and I just booked a room and bought my ticket. Anyone else interested. Check out the website and click on events. It should be interesting.

why was it cancelled? Im glad I didnt sign up now

The NYC Lapband Conference was cancelled due to lack of partipants to sign up. Only 25 signed up. I feel the chicago one is a bigger forum and sponsor. I am still waiting to book my airfare.

i booked the conference...will do my airfare and hotel this weekend

What number do you guys use to get an appointment? I have my next scheduled appointment in May but I want to go in now to get some Fluid taken out. I can only get one or two bites of Protein in before feeling it. I called 859-4024 and spoke to a live person but she transferred me to the center even though I told her what I wanted. Of course at 859-1168 I got a machine and no one returned my call. It makes me fear what I would do if I had an emergency.

If anyone is considering the conference in Chicago I just got a one way non stop airfare of $58 on US Airways one way and $109 the other. The conference is only $59 registration (or close to that)