Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Know what the best thing about this site is? ALL OF YOU! We have no family in town yet I still had four visitors and a lot of the rest of you praying for or thinking about me during my surgery. Thank you!!

Nothing eventful to report. Everything went great. No naseua, no gas pain in shoulder. My mid back is killing me so maybe thats where it is for me. Dr. H was 1/2 hour late and I thought he was standing me up but it turned out to be a good thing as I couldn't wait and finally asked if I could go to the BR and when I got back he was there and no foley! He said my liver looked great. I lost 8lbs on Phase 1 but feel like i gained about 100 I am so bloated. It is hard to get all the liquid in. I never would have imagined that 4 oz an hour would be hard! I drank coffee with a scoop of vanilla Protein Powder in it and then a Protein Shake a few hours later. I feel stuffed. I also took four pills and one Gummy Vitamin and one viactiv. Eveything went down well.

I used ice on my belly in the hospital and now that I am home I have a frozen veggie bag on it. It conforms nicely to my swollen belly. Posner doesn't suggest it but I recommend it anyway. Another thing I recommend is to stand as straight as possible when walking. I learned that from a Lamaze instructor who told her patient who was having a C secion to do that. It feels good and makes me feel and look proud that I am a bandsters.

I am finding it hard to drink an oz of liquid every 15 minutes. I have some Special K ice tea with 5 grm of Protein in it so that is good to drink also. Gotta get that Protein in to heal!

The gas is starting to make itself know but is also coming out of my body which is good.

I am only using Tyelnol for now although I hate to drink it as it is more liquid and I am full!

Maybe I will see some of you tonight. Maybe.:regular_smile:

Liz, welcome. I hope you go to the support meeting tonight at 6pm on the first floor of BGH besides the coffee cafe by the gift shop. (hopefully answerd a lot of peoples questions there.) Please don't be freaked out about peoples comments. We tend to talk about the bad and not the good since it is kind of boring to say everything is fine. I hope to go tonight and I am only 2 days post op.

hey Linda! Great to see you up and about...it was great to meet you and your hubby yesterday. Glad to see you are feeling as good as I did. Remember to keep walking!

GIRLSSSSS :) :smile: :thumbup: I'm so sad that I won't be at support tonight :tt2: :mad: I have to go back to Albion to give my mom dinner (she's had a few strokes, she's fine but really can't cook anymore or anything) because my dad has emergency court. He didn't have anyone to help out and doesn't have the time to make her anything so I've got to do it. Usually I wouldn't mind, and I even told him I've got support group and he really needed me. :( I'm so sad because I was really psyched to meet a bunch of you in person. :( :( :(

BUT that said...I *will* be walking at the park on Saturday, but can someone give me the exact location where we start? Like cross streets or something? I'm familiar with the area obviously but for the life of me I can't figure out where The Juicery is. I hope y'all don't walk too fast, remember I'm a bigger bandster than most!

Linda---you sound GREAT!!! And lucky duck, no shoulder pain! Jealous!

Again, I shall miss you guys. :( When are we starting our own groupy group?

Welcome back Linda, I can't believe you even contemplated going to the meeting tonight...Wow, your an amazing woman. I felt like crap for a few days after surg. Anyway I coudn't make it tonight because i didn't get home from a function i went to today till 7:30P. I am still pb-ing and sliming but it does seem to be a tad better, maybe it is stretching somewhat...talk to you guys later, vicki

Linda, So glad you are doing so well. I new you would! My thoughts ane prayers are with you. I'm finally on track! Seminar is tomorrow. I can't wait. Hope to see you soon. Remember I live close so if you need any thing let me know. Take care Debbie

hi all,

synergy is pretty quick...i could have a sooner surgery date, but i wanted to wait...my co-worker and i started this process at the same time, his surgery will be early november, we both started in July....so yeah...pretty quick!!!

i don't know linda, but glad to hear things are well :D

i'm going to a support group meeting tonight to hear from some people, even though i'm like 98% sure i'm still going through with it....i am going to miss my chicken wings tho:sad:

I eat chicken wings and I have been losing 1-2 pounds a week. Moderation is all you need. I dont eat them often and I do not eat a lot, but the cool thing is I can eat them. What diet ever allowed that?

But I do have a question...can we have coffee? I forgot to ask..

Hoffman told me that coffee is ok, as a matter of fact, right after my swallow test I walked to the coffee shop in the main lobby and had my fix!!

glad u did well linda- hopefully i will see u saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

val

NoBuffGirl I have been thinking if I have leftover Protein Powder you can have it. Unless someone tells me we use it after the beginning weeks. I know others have leftover powder also. I will know better about what is left after this week and if I will be using after Tuesdays appointment. If I have anything it will be chocolate. I use the vanilla in Cereal and coffee.< /p>

I know it is too soon to worry about but when should I look into the fact that I am constipated? I am not eating anything but the Protein Shakes, was cleaned out before surgery, but have pains which is probably just the gas. Don't want to take anything until I really need to. Would it be alright to wait until 8 days post op when I see Dr. H?