Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Could you do Jello the first 10 days or was that too solid?

What did she say about yogurt and pudding? Are you able to do those?

Orange juice and bananas sound yummy to me! Blend them up like a smoothie and a little vanilla yogurt to it to make it taste more like a creme cycle:tongue_smilie:

Why not buy the chicken Soup and beef Soups with the clear broth...strain them and just have the broth. Even go to the Chinese resturaunt and other the egg drop soup and strain it.. Or that dumpling soup and remove the dumplings.

she did say plain yogurt thinned with milk, i would imagine same holds true for pudding, and yes you can have sugar free jello, i just didn't, even though i do have it, just jello'd out...i did have v8 juice today and orange juice yummmmm, and coffee YAY. got downstairs in the lobby and smelled that coffe and forgot to ask, so i called back up there and told melissa to ask someone and she asked barb and she said decaf.....:eek: ive heard alot of people on the vst.com talk about going straight to chinese rest. and getting wonton and drinking the broth, it does sound goooood....:rolleyes2:

Now, whats this about nerves, your the one who told me not to worry about anything, so whats your beef. hmmmm, beef. :blush:

you know, talking about won ton soup.... I usually make my own by buying the won tons frozen and using low sodium chx broth with those long green onions.. I would just do that (w/o the won ton )and cook it awhile to get the onion flavor and strain out the onions.. If thats the basic clear diet.. Is Protein Shakes considered clear diet also ? I would probably live on that and maybe beef broth flavored with onion too.. and maybe jello.. I think I could get thru it.. although maybe easier said than done at this point !! But, I really do't think I could get into the watered down cottage cheese.. If you need the Protein, throw a couple of egg yolks into the Protein Shake to add to the protein and drink it like an egg nog..or Isn't there a low fat egg nog out there somewhere ? Is Jeannie the dietetician ?

Oh My !! am I being a pain to you guys ?????? My mind is just going all the time about this new surgery.. 2 years ago, I really thought my weight problems would be under control !! But, believe it or not, I am still not sorry I got the band..

Oh My !! am I being a pain to you guys ?????? My mind is just going all the time about this new surgery.. 2 years ago, I really thought my weight problems would be under control !! But, believe it or not, I am still not sorry I got the band..

Well NBG, its the shock of a new sugery unexpected, all of us were given the news of a new sugery and not expecting it. we all seemed to just go in for a fill and were hit with the prospect of a new surg. and scheduled within a few weeks, so your mind, like mine was, is spinning, so much to absorb and think about and learn and its exciting and scary, so i get it...

the clear diet is broth, Jello, watered down juices, skim milk, protien shakes, Vitamin Water, diet gaterade,crystal lite popcycles, and drinks, etc.... watch what u read online because the post op diets are all over the place depending on the doctor.

some doc's wont let their pts drink flavored protien shakes, but hoffman does, i had the chocolate fudge eas myoplex from sams club...

you will have to check because u have Posner and he may be different, but i would thing they are the same since they hand out the same paperwork.

Your not driving me crazy, I had soooo many questions too..:rolleyes2:

Now, whats this about nerves, your the one who told me not to worry about anything, so whats your beef. hmmmm, beef. :blush:

Well, its always easier to be brave for others like I was for you than being brave for myself :rolleyes2:

Now is the time to ask questions.. I'm sure i'll more questions too. I'm def. not sorry I got the band.. It just made it more easier to decide on getting the sleeve.

well, its always easier to be brave for others like i was for you than being brave for myself :rolleyes2:

well, let me say, that the pain was not worse than the bands, the only thing that hurt was where he took out the port, i never felt any internal pain like where the stomach was stapled, ever. You can check with val, but even the other site says most people say not any worse..so dont worry about pain, cause you already experienced and made it thru that. i Didn't even have any gas pain at all,,

Edited by vicki s

just liquids the first 2 weeks, u dont want to put any pressure on the suture line

the only baby food i used was fruit and veggies....the meat would be too gross for me

i think i had a little more pain then when i had the band, but it wasnt bad at all. i think the biggest thing for me was being very fatigued

i think i had a little more pain then when i had the band, but it wasnt bad at all. i think the biggest thing for me was being very fatigued

How long does that last val, until you start eating more solid food?

well, the band was not bad for me a far as post surgery.. only took tylenol 2x after discharge and thats it so its not the surgery that I am worried about.. I am just worried about what is going to happen 2years out.. Its 2 years today for me.. I don't want to have to do the bypass in 2 more years.. I would rather be fat.. as long as I am healthy.. I think if I did not have this insurance issue at this time, I would take more time to make a decision.. I think at this point I have no choice..

well, the band was not bad for me a far as post surgery.. only took tylenol 2x after discharge and thats it so its not the surgery that I am worried about.. I am just worried about what is going to happen 2years out.. Its 2 years today for me.. I don't want to have to do the bypass in 2 more years.. I would rather be fat.. as long as I am healthy.. I think if I did not have this insurance issue at this time, I would take more time to make a decision.. I think at this point I have no choice..

I do understand what ur saying about another surgery, i dont think i would opt for another surgery after this one. I try and think about this too, but if we are not chasing Cookies with milkshakes, i dont see how we could gain it back, with out stomachs being 80% smaller. but I guess you never know, our bodies are amazing and could adjust I guess, I dont know, but they have been doing this surgery for 7 years in the us, it is not new, its just that they were doing it as the first part of the duodenal switch when patients were to big or sick to have the whole surgery at once and they seen that the pts were doing fine without the second part of the surgery, hence the sleeve was born. so they have at least 7 years of data, why dont u talk to Posner and see exactly what the stats are? I would be interested myself. :)

I am going to talk to Posner on the 29th about the stats.. I think Barb is also a good one to talk to.. I wish I was going to the meeting next week... then I guess there isn't one in december so we wait til january ... I think I remember you at the last one.. you were sitting next to BGX ? Blond ? well, have a good week.. I won't post until the 22nd.. I wil let you know about the cruise.... I am going to eat lots of seafood if I can... hopefully I won't gain.. I think Posner will be PO'd if I do so I will be good.. see ya..shar

I am going to talk to Posner on the 29th about the stats.. I think Barb is also a good one to talk to.. I wish I was going to the meeting next week... then I guess there isn't one in december so we wait til january ... I think I remember you at the last one.. you were sitting next to BGX ? Blond ? well, have a good week.. I won't post until the 22nd.. I wil let you know about the cruise.... I am going to eat lots of seafood if I can... hopefully I won't gain.. I think Posner will be PO'd if I do so I will be good.. see ya..shar

Yes Shar, that was me, i wish i had known who you were because i know so many by name and not face, since i never attended the meetings before...have a great cruise, i hope you enjoy and fill us in when u get back...:(