Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Hey Val, Say congratulations to Donna for me. You hit the nail on the head. I was going to bring it up today. Next week, the Saturday after Thanksgiving I am certain the mall will be full of shoppers even at 8:30. We will discuss it today while walking. Any suggestions?

Judy, I would think my weight loss is sufficient but my intake is food is more than it should be. The NP at the meeting (Kim) said if I am able to eat a whole bag of popcorn I need a fill. Whatever happens, happens.

After surgery I had pain in my left side for about two weeks. Last night afer horribly overeating I had that same pain. I can't wait to ask about it.

My port is right at my waistband and some pants rub against it so bad. When I showed Kim she pointed out there is very little area between my bra line and waist so there wasn't much choice. She is correct.

eastern hills is not as busy and does not open up as early as the galleria- boulevard is prob pretty busy. i cant walk next sat i have to work 8-12- but the week after i could walk but i prob wont go to galleria

NBflo Girl, Dr. Posner gave me the realize band also. Did he put that wonderful "glue" on you also. I've unfortunatley have "tested" my band a few times eating normal food and have become uncormfortably full. I have been eating with my mind instead of stopping when I'm full. Has anyone else had this issue. Please help. I guess old habits are hard to break.

Its kind of hard to tell when I am full mostly my fault for not mastering the eating slow method... By the time its too late, I'm very full... Maybe that is the tight feeling I have below my boobs... Yes, Dr Posner put that glue on the incisions but now the glue is almost gone and getting closer to the incisions. Its almost like the sand wearing aware from the sea shore !! Is it normal after 1 1/2 weeks that the glue is almost gone ? I am dying to take a bath but I have another 1 1/2 weeks to go to shower instead.

I had a meatball crushed with sauce last night and in the afternoon I had a few pieces of chicken that I fryed up and chewed about 150 times.. all was well... Tonight we are going for chinese and I am going to try the shrimp.. This is going to be hard to pull off because the people we are going with do not know about my surgery. Wish me luck.

shar

I am dying to see what the Realize band ports look like installed, hopefully one of you will show us. My port is not too bad, but I still have plenty of blubber over it. Not sure if it will be a problem or not. Dr. Hoffman did tell me that they can put in a low profile port down the road if necessary. I can only hope to one day lose enough that the port shows (or that I can look down and see my feet, LOL!)

Judy, remind me the next time I see you,, I will show you my band site. Don't know if its much different than your though.

shar

judy,

i dont think i will go to the mall tomorrow. is the galleria the smart place to go with the holiday season coming up?(i avoid the galleria during holiday time)

val

Actually it was not bad at all. Unfortunately I stayed and shopped, bad move.

Judy, remind me the next time I see you,, I will show you my band site. Don't know if its much different than your though.

shar

I took my glue off after about 4 days, just little by little as it started to peel away. I was healed closed very fast though. There were a few spots that I could not peel off. By my one week visit though it was all off. I can not remember when I started my first bath, but my tub is not that deep, it does not cover my suture areas anyway.

Yes, NBG, that is the tight feeling you feel below your boobs, that is actually where the band is. So if you have pain there you went too far with the eating. I am surprised you can eat that much so soon. You are not throwing up or anything? You will learn how to stop one forkfull before the pain. sometimes I take that forkfull anyway. I am getting much better.

Edited by JudyAnticola
add more info

You did so well on the SB diet before the surgery. Actually you lost more before the surgery right? I just wonder since we have the band that we are not eating well because we think the band will make the calories disappear or something. I am surprised my weight loss is slow, as I am eating much less then before. Maybe try to figure out what you were doing before the band, I remember you were having a hard time keeping your weight up to meet the BMI or what ever it was called. You will probably get yelled at for eating popcorn, as I would think that would be in the no-no category, not sure. Seems like it could swell up and get stuck. I have had a little popcorn I think, but not a bag. Well, you will get the best advice from the doctor that's for sure, the rest of us can only guess. I am determined to do a good job before I see him next time. I really hate to disappoint him. He has reminded me not to eat after 7 pm, I have a hard time with that as I usually eat dinner at 8 pm or so.

I guess the good news is you will be able to eat a good Thanksgiving dinner. I guess we did not talk about Holiday eating strategy at the meeting, I think we were supposed to. I liked Kim at the seminar, I have really not had much interaction with her.

Judy, I would think my weight loss is sufficient but my intake is food is more than it should be. The NP at the meeting (Kim) said if I am able to eat a whole bag of popcorn I need a fill. Whatever happens, happens.

After surgery I had pain in my left side for about two weeks. Last night afer horribly overeating I had that same pain. I can't wait to ask about it.

My port is right at my waistband and some pants rub against it so bad. When I showed Kim she pointed out there is very little area between my bra line and waist so there wasn't much choice. She is correct.

guys, don't forget that you have the most weight loss in the beginning, and then it slows down. that is normal.

Linda, I could eat a lot of fooduntil 5weeks ago and I had my surg. june 9th. I finally said all the weight loss i had achieved was old fashioned will power and when I got my last fill, I finally feel a difference. Just let them know how you are struggling with the food issue, and dispite the fact you lost 1 to 2 lbs you will get a fill. I also will be there tues. at 11:30, what time is your appt.?

Well I'm only 6 days into the SB diet & I have not cheated. I really think that is a personal best. I was even feeding my daughter waffles this morning & normally I would take a bite or 2 but nothing. I still think about "other" food all the time, its really difficult at work, but I did turn down a brownie & a cupcake. I really wanted that stupid cupcake so bad I could taste the frosting (the sugary sweets are my downfall if you couldnt tell)...but I still said no thanks.

You know whats really been a surprise, is that my husband has been so helpful. He is missing the rice or potatoes we normally have for dinner every day. But like friday I got home from work & he was actually making a salad & cooking chicken on the grill...I almost passed out from shock. I think he'll be losing weight along with me whether he likes it or not:)

oops the last message probably made my husband look bad but he's not. He's incredibly supportive of the surgery & weight loss. It's just that he loves food as much as I do, especially all the starchy stuff. Its a tough habit to break.

Daniella, you didnt make him look bad, most of us were or are married, we know.... I am very pleased that he is jumping in to help you. I liked your story about the chicken and salad. When my husband was alive he could be a real pain sometimes, but always rose to the occasion. He would have done something like that. I, however, was many times too stupid to acknowledge it. Please let him know it meant a lot to you while you have the chance to do so.

Next, it was a pleasure to meet you. Hopefully we can get together to walk sometime.

That is great about not eating part of the waffle. I did not have kids, but I spend a lot of time with nieces and nephews and in the past always felt that I had to eat what they left. I feel that if I was a mom I would have had an even bigger problem with food. Way to go saying no!

I think we are a lot alike, as the dessert is what kills me. The one good thing about the band is that you can still have some dessert, but you wont be able to eat a lot of it.

I have had the band five months and I can tell you I finally do not spend every minute thinking about food. for the first two months that is all I thought about. It is better now. My problem is that I do not have to plan meals so I do not always have groceries in the house. I have to change that.

I think one of the misconceptions I had about the band is the amount of work I would have to do. I am ok with the exercise, but healthy meals are still a problem for me. I have had small weight losses so far, but my goal for my next appointment is to lose 2 pounds a week until then. I want Hoffman to know I take it seriously.

Have a great week!

Vicki, you are so right. I still have days when I can eat more then I think I should (but we spent a life doing that), but now I am getting to the point where I am not thinking about food as much, and I can not eat as much. The sad thing is had I combined SB with the band I would have been close to my goal by now. But so far I have lost every visit. I just hope I can get the loss to be a little more consistent, as I would like to not have to go to the clinic so often, I would like to push it to 12 weeks at least.

guys, don't forget that you have the most weight loss in the beginning, and then it slows down. that is normal.

Linda, I could eat a lot of fooduntil 5weeks ago and I had my surg. june 9th. I finally said all the weight loss i had achieved was old fashioned will power and when I got my last fill, I finally feel a difference. Just let them know how you are struggling with the food issue, and dispite the fact you lost 1 to 2 lbs you will get a fill. I also will be there tues. at 11:30, what time is your appt.?

I think we are a lot alike, as the dessert is what kills me. The I have had the band five months and I can tell you I finally do not spend every minute thinking about food. for the first two months that is all I thought about. It is better now. My problem is that I do not have to plan meals so I do not always have groceries in the house. I have to change that.

Hi all:

Glad to hear that I am not alone.. I too think about food very much of the time even though I am not hungry most of the time, I see it and want it no mater what. I have not lost weight they way that I think I should with probably under 1000 calories a day. I can tell in my clothing.. Not so much that I need to drop sizes but the clothes I am wearing fit me like they should instead of looking like a stuffed sausage all the time. Maybe when I start back with the gym, I will loose more. I can go back tomorrow on the treadmill only. Maybe that will make a difference.

shar

No not yet. Did you?

no not yet i'm gonna give them till tuesday being its a holiday week. I did make my pshyc appointment though as well as started reading the south beach book. so hopefully we hear soon.