Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:eek:i was banded yesterday.. not too bad today. here's how it went. i get there 6 am. they bring me back to start . they need blood count? i was stuck 4 times before they could get 2 viles. IV line hurt like hell. differnt gal had to find the IV line twice. So i'm go in. surgery went great. morphine drip all night. up and moving. last night. sugar sticks in three fingers. more blood drawn today. more sugar sticks. started heperin in my belly. more sticks so far. i only gave my self one shot could not do it tonight, husband did it. he was great, it did not hurt at all. i'm home, bruised like crazy, feel ok. started Protein 2 ounces with one ounce of ckicken broth.

Oh and the kicker- I have a anesestic (sp) bal hooked up to my belly to keep my belly numb, 2 tubes that gone in and in 3 days when its empty i pull it out.

he was through and kind, the staff at the hospital was wonderful the hospital is brand new and it was beautiful, private room.

so i'm doing well drinking my Protein ok, not nausaus (sp)?. what so ever.

just having trouble with shots in belly. meds making me sleepy. some gas pains but not out of control. just walking around.

so thats my story... lol.

so far so good!!!!

i have not weighed my self yet.:eek:

Good job Michelle! Sounds like you are doing great!!! You will be back to your old self in no time! Keep us posted how you are progressing!

I'm right behind you! Tomorrow at 7:00 a.m.!

Hope all goes well Mechelle, just curious what is heperin? JohnC

Heparin's a blood thinner. To help make sure you don't end up with blood clotting after the op.

Do you have a clotting disorder so that you need to do the shots at home?

I'm on warfarin so they'll probably do a heparin bridge when I have my op next month. I have previously given myself clexane injections so they may do that instead.

That's the good thing with belly injections, they don't hurt so it's easy to do yourself.

Welcome to bandland!!!

I had to have a heparin shot too. My "adventure" was just like yours. except that after the 5th time they poked me to try to get blood (to check if I was pregnant), she spilled the entire vial of blood on me and my gown. What a site!!! The bed, my gown everything was covered in blood and this was before I had surgery!!

:)well today i'm still stiff. cant give myself the shots. DH is doing it for me, i just panic and cry. no regrets i know this is just healing time and your emotions are all over the place. his sisters are nurses and there coming over tomorrow while my husband goes back to work to help me out. good support system. i just want this bag of anestestic (sp). out of my tummy. almost there. i want to put on a bra. sounds silly but i'm needing the support. just tired. it takes so much out of you when you just go bathroom or eat well drink. no problems there. no issues whatsoever. thats good. i'll check in tomorrow. taking big breathes are hard. i have a little excersise that i have to do once or twice a day to keep my lungs clear.

all is going as expected...i have not weighed yet. maybe tomorrow.

michelle:sleep:

Hello.

I was banded yesterday as well. I've have a little bit of pain but mostly in my back because of gas pains. The pain meds work great. My whole procedure happened pretty quickly. I'm a self pay so when I decided to do this everything went very, very quickly. I called on a Thursday, had my pre op and nutritionist on Monday, Psych and Dr. appt. on Tuesday. Then had the surgery yesterday. I've been on liquids for 2 1/2 weeks. Yuck!

I feel like i'm in a whirlwind! LOL

I look forward to reading others posts.....but right now I'm going to sleep...again! LOL

blessings,

bzymom320

ruby, michelle, bysmom - congrats to all of you!

hoping all pain goes away quickly on your road to recovery!

Congrats on the band!! Got my surgey date today for 2/20 they didn't even ask if that date was ok just sent all the aperwork have to see if I can get off work now. of course my boss is on vacation and I have to have a few weeks off because of lifting. excited but nrevous I wont get to do it because of work...We'll see