Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Goodbye

I agree Leatha, this board is not only a supportive and informational board, it is a fun board too. I certainly don't think any of that should change! I rush to my computer every morning before I go to work just to see who posted!

Whipple please don't leave. You will never understand how much you being here has helped so many.

What ever you decide I understand but just please know that there are very few people in my life that have made as big of an impact as you and your writing as done for me. I will always treasure your great words and your silent memories. Thank you for sharing you with us. May you and Patty live long and healthy lives together. Please come back!!

I really don't know what went on, and all that-but as a relative "newbie" I haven't come across a post that was objectionable. Also, conflict is a part of life. If we can't express our honest thoughts here (whether controversial or otherwise) as anonymous people, well then where CAN we express our thoughts and opinions and gripes.

Conflict can help us overcome our own obstacles. Consider why you are running away from the board? What is it about conflict that drives you away?

Joan

First I found LBT and began reading ('lurking'), later I got brave, joined, and began posting, as a newbie, I found acceptance and wonderfully priceless support. After I had surgery a different light was shined on my choice of doc's. Did I become suspect because he did wonderfully by me? Because of varying responses to my posts after banding, I kind of felt like that a bit, and l left the yahoo boards, and felt like maybe I'd leave LBT too.

After about a month I realized I really needed to focus more on my band, and came back to see if I still could benefit or be of benefit here. I find myself much more band successful when I am involved here, and realized that I do need the support of those of you who share my journey because I am a rare breed in my physical community. While I answer tons of "what's a band?" questions, there's nowhere else to go for answers I need. So I find that, in spite of differences in opinions, (and how boring life would be without that), I need this site.

So, now I read new posts, but only post when I have something I hope is useful to say, or need some opinions on my thoughts and feelings about things. I know that I'm posting to a wide and diverse group and in no way feel I have to accept every response as gospel.

Every now and then the topics don't appeal to me, so I take a few days break from here. I usually find a whole new set of names, a whole new set of questions and experiences, and a whole new opportunity to give back some of the wonderful insight I've gleaned from LBT.

Maybe you all will find a little vacation more appealing than completely leaving the site? I know Ryan that your words are often deep, uplifting and inspiring to many, many members and I for one would hate to see you go away forever.

For all of you considering leaving for good, please try a vacation first, and see if you feel differently on a new day. I know I usually do.

Oh Please don't go - this is coming to an end & if you just check back in a couple days it will all be gone. You know us women - "can't live with them.. Can't live without them" or was that men-hhhhmmmmmm?? anyway I hope you reconsider & stay - maybe just take a little vacation ;0)

If you are still reading this then there is still a chance. Maybe just take a vacation and come back. Your post are so thoughtfully written and so inspiring for everyone that reads them. I do hope you can change your mind!

Ryan is a very intelligent man, and I'd like to think he started this thread to get us to open our eyes to how childish some of us acted. Point well taken. But by saying you're leaving LBT because of conflict, you may as well say you'll never watch TV or open your front door again because there's too much conflict in the world. DeniseG makes a good point about seeing the world through rose colored glasses - if all you want to see is happiness and joy, short of a Christian website, the internet might not be such a safe place.

There are eleven forums on LBT that provide information and support. According to the "ugly" posts, only two of the informational forums were affected, and for that I owe a deep apology to the entire board. I am truly sorry that I didn't stick to my original plan of resolving my issues in private.

I wish I could take back what I publicly wrote, so I deleted a lot of it. Penni, Betty and I agreed that we wrongly infected "Sabotaging the good work" and we each deleted our arguments so it's a safe and informative thread again. I was wrong, so I personally apologized to the girl who started that thread. I've also deleted my participation in the "How much weight have you lost" thread.

As far as the very heated, "LBT Censored" thread, I intentionally placed that away from any informative forums. I put it in the "Suggestions, Feedback & Questions" forum because I wanted moderators to come up with fair guidelines to eliminate any questions of taste and/or censorship in the future.

I think only two of the eleven informative forums were splattered with distasteful diatribe, and I humbly apologize to each and every one of you for my participation and lack of good judgment.

There will always be disagreements, which is why I started a special thread called, "LBT Disagreements, Spats and Miffs." I put it in the Lounge Forum. In the future, that's where I'll air my grievances, and I invite you all to use that place if you have issues. This way every single post won't go astray.

I urge everyone to visit LBT often. Just a warning, the LBT Lounge is usually where a lot of the offensive stuff and silly stuff takes place, so if you are looking for Rated G information that deals directly with the Band itself, the following forums offer a wealth of knowledge:

General Lap-Band Discussion

Support

Insurance

Doctors and Hospitals

food

Fills

Fill Doctors

Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery

Again, my sincere apologies for taking my private disagreements public.

Whipple don't go I among many will miss your sense of Humor you add so much to LBT as others do, I enjoy coming here through out the day to see what is new. Obvioulsy I missed something somewhere.

I believe every road has it's bumps and this may be one of those. I think only postive thoughts of everyone and would like to reply to everyone's questions or comments or even add to the joke thread but sometimes I do not have enough time when I am suppose to be working. But I wish everyone well if they feel they must leave I understand. I wish you and Patty well and that everyday is a good day for her and You..

Best wishes

Mary

What do I keep missing? I haven't seen any name calling and very little bickering... Whipple I hope you really don't say goodbye. I don't think this is too "clicky" either. I started on here about a year ago (a bit less) and have felt a part of the core group who got banded about the same time but I always try to take time to share and welcome newbee's too. Best wishes everyone, Teresa

Yeah Ryan, please come back! You are so valuable here - poor greg and Leo will be all alone, drowning in all the girl talk!

Ryan, please come back!!! We miss you! Besides, who else you gonna ask about washing bras? You need us!

Betty I agree with you, most anyone who leaves will be missed. Princess you've been here a month, Ryan since July 04 and we've (LBT as a group) have shared a lot of thoughts with Ryan through out those 359 post..some happy and some sad. He will be missed by me and a lot of others...good luck friend.

I'll miss your Honey-suckle blowing in the wind.....

Don't let your Hulk Underoos get in a bunch.

Princess I think all Pat was saying is we all have really gotten to know and grown to care for Ryan and his wife Patty over the months, We have been with him through alot of ups and downs with himself and his wife's health problems while he has been here. His posts are the most inspirational. Nothing bad against you Princess, you being a member here is important, what you have to say is important, we just have not gotten to know you yet in the month you have been here on a more personal level is all. Please do not take offense to any of this :)