Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bathing Suits?!

I just bought mine at Target. Granted I ended up there, because here where the snow is still flying, it is the only store with them out yet, and I needed it immediately! Granddaughter had a swimming party!

I got a halter style top---with a FULL bra in it, that is not totally connected to the top. Meaning if the top floated up--which it didn't, or if my granddaughter were to pull wrong--I would not be exposed! It was part of a separates group. I am also totally different sized on top & bottom, but since it required black bottoms, I was able to go over to the misses and juniors and actually found junior boy cut short bottoms I liked a lot that worked with it.

The top is longer, which works with my height, and is in a flattering aline type of cut--they also had some with embellishments---wooden center rings etc. they were just too short for me.

I have swam in it twice now, and it washed well, it did not sag or droop with Water weight. It stayed in place through the Water slides, and the lazy river things----all in all, it worked out well, and each piece was like $16.99.

I plan to look into other top options as the other stores come out with swimwear, so I have some changes. I already bought a second pair of the shorts---in the next size down!!!!

Good Luck---there is nothing to prepare you for the 360 degree mirror and swimsuits---know we are with you in thought and support! LOL!!!

Kat

Target came through for me! I found a suit that was seperates. I looked pretty good in them if I do say so myself.

:)

Kat, even with a reduction, if I tried wearing a halter top, I'd break my darn neck! The girls are still heavy :).

As for the high cut suits, I do prefer those as opposed to the tight around the top of the leg suits.

Pat this suit I bought, has a full bra--on the idea of a shelf bra built into it, which is snug---so it eliminates a good part of the weight off of the neck. BUT they do have the separates with the wide shoulder straps--they were just made shorter, and with my height, they showed my belly flab!

The shorts I bought to wear with them, are boy cut. Right now my belly hangs as we discussed, and high cut legs, just let it sag in the opening---how gross is that!! Gross but true. The boy shorts, corral all my excess skin! I have fairly thin thighs, so the boy shorts are even loose on the leg---but more coverage in the area I needed it.

I'll tell ya though, those mirrors, and facing the huge amounts of skin....has thrown me into a massive depression regarding it. I hated being fat----but nothing like I hate seeing this belly on me now....hoping to work past it quickly, I usually choose to be happy, I am just having trouble doing so here lately.

Kat

The bottoms that I have is one of those "inches off" ones that are really good at sucking in the stomach. without being so tight you cut off circulation. and they come up over my belly button. The top I have is long enough (even after doing the arm alterations) that no skin is showing.

I have a really hard time with suits. REALLY hard. My chest is small so most one pieces are out just for the huge bra in them. Not to mention I'm an overall smaller size on top than bottom. I've been watching for a suit, and so far no luck. I've tried Penny's, LB, Target, Sears, Macy's and Nordstrom's and cannot find a single one that looks decent. The cutest so far was at Sears - shortskini with a cross top that was actually cute, and lined board shorts style bottom that fit miserably. Two pieces, but they weren't mix & match. I *think* they had some plain black suits, so if you haven't checked there yet, give it a try. Sears Grand did not have them, just regular Sears.

Maybe two years ago I bought a simple, modest black suit from either Penny's or Sears online. The online measurements were true. I prefer to avoid online ordering, but I was desperate. I also bought some shorts to go with them. Not attached, just separate nylon (dry super fast) shorts that I could put on in the Water if I wanted, or wear as a cover-up out of the Water. Of course it's all way too big now, but they may still offer the same.

Good for you - go for it girl. I would suggest a sporting goods store where you can buy a good Nike or Speedo that has bra cups and they feel like hold everything in if you know hat I mean Many times they have "last years model" on sale/clearence. Good luck!

I've got boobs too, I will only buy separates and ONLY buy cup sized tops. I've got 2 swimsuits atm and they give as good support as a bra does.

I've discovered after a 30 pound loss, that my cute suit that I found at Wal-Mart doesn't fit anymore. It took forever to find that one. I dread starting to look again. I dug up one of my old suits that's closer to my current size, and all the elastic had lost it's stretch. My butt about fell out in Water aerobics once it got wet. I like the ones that have wider elastic at the legs, so everything stays put and doesn't ride up, but they are so hard to find. I like the firm stretch too. It kind of holds the tummy in and you don't jiggle when you walk. Also hard to find. My boobs are sagging now so one with a bra would be nice. Are we just asking to much here???????

Well my 22 size suite is history after 50 pounds gone I can no longer deal with the sag everywhere. I do Water aerobics three times a week and the bouncing is killing the GIRLS...LOL

I found as suit after looking everywhere for just a regular tank suit, that would tighlty support my breasts. LOL that is a joke. They do not make them for D cup women...LOL

I found my suit at Walmart and it fits great it is a size 18......I imagine in another 4 months I may need a new one again.....oh the price of becoming thin.....LOL I think I can live with it!!!!!

My biggest issue is feeling droopy in suits. Now I'm finally at a size where I shouldn't feel uncomfortable, my legs jiggle and my boobs droop! I need a suit of armor to hold everything in place! LOL!

You should also try Torrid. I was there the other day and they had a bunch of suits. I was shocked to see that they weren't "granny" like and were actually nice.

I was helping one of my friends pick out a suit this weekend. she ended up going with a Work-out top Those tight spandex tops with the bra built in super tight and a swimsuit bottom. It looks real cute on her. and she was bouncing up and down and nothing bounced out. So she is set

Target and Walmart have great mix and match tankini style suits. They are cheap and you can find tons of solids (browns and blacks mostly) in different styles. I like to buy one bottom and a couple tops to mix and match. They are only about $10-20 per piece, so you can get three or four different combos for the price of one suit at other stores. This way, you aren't spending $100 every couple months when you grow out of the "old" one, and you don't have to worry if your top half is a different size as your bottom half. Walmart also has "maternity" style suits which I find to have more support in the boob department and are a little more flattering in the tummy area because they aren't so tight.

You might want to try Land's End. They sell separates up to a 26/28. The benefit of this is you can buy different sizes for the top and bottom if necessary. I ordered a top that resembles a cute tank top (built in cups in the bra and lots of support for my large bust) and a skirt that looks almost like a tennis skirt, only no pleats! I needed something to go canoeing and kayaking and this worked well. Now that I've lost some weight, I just needed to replace the bottom and it was far less expensive than buying a new suit. It's not cheap, though... They have all types of bottoms, so if the skirt isn't your thing, you can get just a high waisted trunk. The most appreciated, unexpected benefit was being able to use the bathroom without having to take my entire suit off. It's really convenient to have on a two piece that looks like a one piece!

You can order through the website or in a Sears store (you won't pay shipping if you order at the store...) and the best part is, if it doesn't fit, you can return it to the Sears store, rather than mailing it back, too.

If the price is an issue, try e-bay. NWT means it's New With Tags and I'd only buy one of those. There are many people who sell plus sized suits there. :)

Lands End: Swimwear Women from Lands' End