Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Drinking water...

How is everyone doing with this? I cannot seem to drink probably even nearly enough as I should. As it is with my clear fluids post op stage it seems like I'm constantly drinking all day long and then to add Water into it, I know I'm not getting the amount of Water I should - I maybe drink one 8 oz bottle tops. Is this just me?

Suggestions, recommendation? HELP! lol

I was banded Jan 23rd too - no way I'm getting 64 oz in now. I think my goal for first 2 weeks is 48oz, but I'm not there either.

Preop I was doing more than 64oz - like the crystal light packets you add to bottled Water and starbucks iced tea (no sugar) - also count your Protein shakes to total intake

Sandy

Just keep sipping. I had 24oz bottles and would refill them. I used them so I knew exactly how much I was drinking. My goal was to finish two of them plus the liquid of my Protein shake and broth.

If you're not a big Water drinker, I agree with Sandy on the Crystal light. It doesn't feel like you're drinking Water. Or just drink more broth. When I was bored of water I would just have some chicken broth. What else are you drinking throughout the day? When do you start creamy Soups and such?

Hydration is really important now and it will always be. I really believe drinking 64 oz of water a day helps with weight loss.

Just keep sipping. I had 24oz bottles and would refill them. I used them so I knew exactly how much I was drinking. My goal was to finish two of them plus the liquid of my Protein shake and broth.

If you're not a big Water drinker, I agree with Sandy on the Crystal light. It doesn't feel like you're drinking Water. Or just drink more broth. When I was bored of water I would just have some chicken broth. What else are you drinking throughout the day? When do you start creamy Soups and such?

Hydration is really important now and it will always be. I really believe drinking 64 oz of water a day helps with weight loss.

Ugh, Im seriously lucky if I get through an 8oz bottle in a day which is bad I know, I know. I've always had a hard time drinking water and now more so because it's like all I do is drink, drink Breakfast, drink lunch, drink dinner, drink water in between, geeebus.

I am on day 3 of creamy soups and such currently. I am making it my challenge to drink more water its just .. not workin so well right now. lol

I was in the same boat, I found that sipping warm broth or Decaf tea was easier than any other liquid for almost 2 weeks for me. Even now I am not getting near the 64oz I am supposed to get.

Hang in there, you will wake up one day and want to chug the bottle.:tt1:

It is hard but you can do it. Use a container t hat has 12 or 16 ounces in it and just keep sipping. Remember, you take in liquid with each Protein Shake. Use Crystal light, Diet iced tea, broth........it all counts. I try to get 30 ounces in by noon and get a big amount out of the way....sip...sip...sip....constantly. You can do it!

Right after surgery I just tried to get as much liquid in as I could. In my little pamphlet that I got from the doctor it says that it will probably be a while before you can actually get that much down, but just to work towards it. If you are still in your liquid stage I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Ginger....great job on the weight loss!!!

Just echoing what's already been said.

Wal-Mart has their version of the Crystal Light little packages and they do one in grape. Yum-it is delicious! It makes drinking the Water far more enjoyable I promise!

I'm so glad I saw this thread. I usually drink plenty of Water, but can't seem to get it down right now. I think it's more of a fear thing than anything else? Did anyone experience a fear of drinking? I don't want to throw up, so now I just scared to drink more than a sip at a time.

I hate plain Water...especially in the winter. Summer, I don't have as many problems drinking plain Water. Right now, though, there was NO way I'd get all my Fluid in if I had to drink only plain water. Bleh!

I also don't know how people choke down that nasty Crystal Light stuff. It has the worst aftertaste I've ever tasted. I hate every flavor I've ever tried.

Somebody else mentioned the grape flavor singles that Wal-mart makes. Holy moly, I LOVE those things, too! I bought them 1 week pre-op but didn't have the guts to try one (was afraid they would taste like Crystal Light)...then I had one my first day home from surgery and I've been addicted ever since!

Other ones I actually like (and I am PICKY) are the Special K Protein water single packets. I like the strawberry-kiwi flavor and the tropical blend. I also like all the sugar-free Koolaid single packets as well. They don't taste sugar-free to me.

I'm so glad I saw this thread. I usually drink plenty of Water, but can't seem to get it down right now. I think it's more of a fear thing than anything else? Did anyone experience a fear of drinking? I don't want to throw up, so now I just scared to drink more than a sip at a time.

I still haven't had my first fill yet, but I am easily able to guzzle liquids like before my surgery. I'm not sure if that will change or not.

I've been having trouble getting my Water in too. Mine i'll have to admit is because of lazyness. My goal as of now is to get my 64 oz. in a day. I'm starting now!! How do I get my ticker to post with my name? I have it downloaded but it won't post with my name...