Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band in Upstate NY...Dr. Kwon

First lemme say a big PHEW about the catheter! Thanks for easing my mind on that one. Its not that they are horriable...I didn't even know the one I had was there when I had my son...I just HATE the idea of being "tied down" ya know? With one of them ya can't walk ya cant do anything. When I talk to the office on Thursday I will ask them and tell them, lemme pee my pants before you hook me up with one of them :)

Panda6....YIKES....I don't have any advise for you. You have like four days to loose ten pounds. Boxers do it, but they go very extream to do it! I will more than likely be at the support group meeting on Monday. See yas there!

I'll be at group on monday the 21st. Panda you shall see your weight loos on moday te 21st. What time is your appt. I will be there at 2:30ish for an appt. then Jasper and I are going out to dinner before group, maybe you would like to join us??

Thanks for the reply, the scale at my job says I lost about 12 pounds but I do not know how reliable it is? That is what is making me scared. My appointment is at 9:30 am, I will know then. Where you guys meeting for dinner I may just show up if the day goes as schedualed and I am not at the hospital for all that testing too long. How long does all that take anyway?? See you all tomarrow night.:banana

testing takes about 4 hours ,I was back at work by 1pm. we are meeting at Cheeseburger in Paradise in Middletown if you PM me your number we can all hook up

Hi Panda, I will be at the support group tomorrow. You probably did lose the weight if the scale at works says you lost 12 lbs, or at least close to the 10 lbs. Good Luck tomorrow. Hope to see you at dinner!!!

I just got back from my visit at Dr. Kwon's office and my pre-operative work-up and I have to say that I am very excited - more excited than nervous. I feel like I am saving my life. Because of my sleep apnea they have suggested that I stay overnight. It isn't that bad. So far I have lost 11 pounds - much more to come.

Eileenja, that's great news!!! Good Luck tomorrow with your surgery. My prayers are with you. Please let us know how you are doing afterward....

Thank you so much!!! I just received a call from the admissions office at Bon Secors - I don't have to be thre until 2:45 p.m. I guess i will be pretty hungry by then! grrr..

Eileen

good luck tomorrow . you will be upa nd running in no time . I shall say a prayer. I can't believe that you have to be there so late. Eat up to midnight .LOL

Eileenja...

GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOMORROW!!! I am soo freekin jealous of you right now! I will have my turn soon enough I supose! You are gonna do soo good! It sucks that you have to be there sooo late...but you waited a very long time for this..one more day isn't all that bad..right??? I can't wait to hear from you again, or better yet see you at the next support group meeting! Prayers are being sent your way, and I have faith that you will be fine!

TAKE IT EASY AND A BIG CHEERS TO YOUR NEW LIFE!!!!

Sincerely

Porclndoll

Hi guys,

Got banded yesterday!!! I can not believe I feel so good. I a glad it is over but am a little scared now. I am having a hard time drinking, did anyone have that problem? It seems to give me pain after a few sips. How far could you all go for a walk this soon after? I got to get oput of this house.

Hi everybody - I was banded yesterday too. I am feeling pretty good. U have a little pain but not much. I am also having a hard time drink the whole three ounces in an hour. I have to really keep thinking about it - otherwise I forget. I am not yet ready for a walk outside, maybe tomorrow - i'll have to see. Keep these messages going.

Eilelen

Congrats!!! To Both of You!!! I am glad that you made it and are feeling well. I, too, had a hard time downing the 3 oz in an hour, and found that I barely got in 15 oz of Fluid a day. My prob was the more I seemed to drink the more gas pains I had. But, definitely try your hardest to drink the fluids, you don't want to become dehydrated. I did at one point, showering felt like running a marathon. You will soon be on Protein shakes....and as each day passes it will get easier. Good Luck on your new life and journey. Can't wait to hear your progress and questions.

alot of the people you see on this post all go to Goshen every other Monday for a support meeting. Its a nice small group . I did ok at Cheeseburger I had a skewer of chicken and some salad the rest was lunch for the following day. Have you been walking around after your surgery??? It does help you can take small sips of Water also but SMALL sips your tummy needs to heal .

HI Roseann,

Not sure what you are asking but I was banded on 3/23 and just sip an ounce of Water every 20 minutes to make 3 ounces an hour. Dr. Kwon does not recomend broth at this stage and no shakes yet. Just water and add a little clear juice if feeling woosy but water is best I was told. I added juice this am after I took a little walk because I wasa feeling woozy and had a headache, it went right away. I am not hungry just obseessing about food which is making me think I am hungry.