Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PREGNANT while waiting to be banded???

Curious if anybody on here has ever gotten pregnant while they were waiting to be approved for their band?

I'm starting to get a little nervous because I'm a week late.. and I'm NEVER more than a day late. My husband says I'm just stressed, but I feel cramped and have all the symptoms of being on it... so maybe I'm just REALLY super late. I'll give it one more day and then I'll find out with a test.. I'm just freaking out because if I get pregnant and then get approved for the lap band I will be... well, happy with the pregnancy.. but my body cannot, I repeat, cannot handle a pregnancy... I need to lose weight first and the last time I got preggers I had a miscarriage..

And I seriously doubt you can get the lapband if you are pregnant, right?

Has anybody else been in this situation??

Oddly, my fortune cookie three days ago said: "Be prepared to modify your plans". :wink2:

I doubt they will band you while pregnant, they can't do unnecessary surgeries (meaning, unless it's an emergency).. the anesthesia isn't good for babies.

I just got banded on Monday and they gave me a pregnancy test prior to giving me the anesthesia. They will not operate if you are pregnant.

yeah, I had a feeling they wouldn't.

I told my husband this was a big fear of mine... to go and get pregnant right before being banded... well, I'll find out soon either way... UGG.

Crystal Iam going throught the same thing right now LOL ... you have snatched the words right out of my mouth. I have taken 2 test and nothing yet but I have been with my husband atleast 2 a day since he has been home (military ... his father died) And I can definetely not tell him to use a condom cause he wants a baby anyway. And it's hard for me to ever know cause of my PCOS stuff my periods are funny. So I will just have to wait and see. But I really really wanna be banded so I can atleast have an attractive pregnancy. And people will be able to see my prego belly.

I have had to take a pregnancy test immediately prior to any surgeries I've ever had as well. So I guess cross your fingers it's not happening just yet :wink2:

Hey Crystal I also sent you a friend request!!

Great! On myspace??

Well, I started this morning, so I am not pregnant.. I was rather happy. LOL.

I took a test to Crystal nothing here either ... YIPPEEE FOR US !!! LOL! Now my hubby is gone back to TX so I am good ... won't see him til after surgery. Will be on BC by then!! LOL ... Yep on Myspace!!

I'm glad you got the result you wanted. I went from depo to the pill about a year ago. When I was on depo, I hardly ever had a period, and didn't give it much thought. On the pill I'm regular like clockwork, except the day I start varies a little. Anywhere between Thursday and Sunday. Along about Sunday I'm always freaking out. I never say anything to my husband, because I'm good with the pill and whatnot, and I'm not really "late" since I know it varies like that. I just wish I knew why I was freaking out every month!