Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you cheat on pre-op liquid diet

Did you cheat on liquid diet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Did you cheat on liquid diet

• No, I didn't cheat at all
    • Yes, I cheated but ate healthy foods
    • Yes, I cheated and ate everything in sight
    • Yes, I cheated so bad they cancelled my surgery

I'm still on my 2 week pre-op with Optifast. No I have not cheated. There have been times I came very close, but I am happy to say I stuck with it. I am self pay and I guess I just want to make sure I do everything to the book.

My doctor did not have a pre-op diet....thank god

My pre-op diet i did cheat some but my doctor only had me on low carb. I'm not cheating on my post op. I'm too scared my band will slip. My doctor scared the sh** out of me about what will happen if I cheat.

No, I didn't cheat on my pre (or post) op diet. Some surgeons will stop the surgery if your liver is too fatty, and at the very least, my surgeon uses that as a barometer to whether you're serious about changing your life.

My surgery and the rest of my life were too important to me to screw around and not follow his instructions. After all, it's only a few weeks of your life, anyway, right? It's not forever.

I didn't cheat at all on the pre-op and I really stuck closely to the post-op diet.

Both REALLY jump started my weight loss and got me on the right track!!

I will be honest, I never did the pre op diet and the night before surgery I had lobster, it was the last time i had it and it was wonderful. everyone is different.

Mmmm Lobster. I hated it pre-band and now it is one of my favorite dinners to have when DH & I go out. Very band friendly for me and high Protein.

But no I didn't cheat on the pre-op diet. I'm not saying it was easy or that I was better than anyone else for managing to do it. Just with being self-pay (on a credit card no less!) I was too worried about taking any risk no matter how large or small that the surgeon would think my liver to large to manuver around to place the band its not like he was going to give me a refund or try again another day at no additional cost.

Thank the Lord my DH didn't leave me during that pre-op diet because if I hadn't had him to chew up and spit out while going crazy hungry I probably would have cracked and had that one last meal.

Speaking of last meals, running up to the pre-op diet I think I had a whole month of "last meals". Everytime I went to eat I kept thinking about what foods I might have to give up after the band and indulging one last time. Ended up it was all a big waste. The foods I use to think I loved and would miss are either just doesn't even interest me any more or I am still able to eat them (in smaller portions). Sometimes I wish I had believed that pre-band, then maybe I wouldn't have started this journey nearly 10 pounds heavier than when I first decided on the band.

I put "ate everything in sight as an answer b/c a week before I went out for Indian food and really went to town. I told my doctor about it and he didnt seem to care. So far I have been 100% perfect on my post-op diet!

My doctor wanted me to lose 5% of my body weight pre-op, but didn't really care how I did it. I needed to lose 11 lb and lost 17, so I guess that means I didn't cheat!

He even suggested that DH and I go out for a nice meal the night before surgery "as long as we don't overdo it."

It was very important for me that my liver was in perfect shape for my surgery. My doctor showed us pictures of the liver of a patient he had to close up. It wasn't pretty. It was bruised and bleeding just touching it. He said if he had lifted it, it would have torn into. That's all it took for me to stick to my diet to the letter!